• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dthomp

Just shoot me an invite whenever you guys are ready, I'm just hanging out in orbit reading some other threads

Any chance of an SRL boosting train? I need this one 1st place on Mars and its killing me. Getting more and more frustrated at being the only racer with collision detection...

Any chance of an SRL boosting train? I need this one 1st place on Mars and its killing me. Getting more and more frustrated at being the only racer with collision detection...

Pretty sure that there's some hidden code that makes collision detection against you more likely if you're doing well. And makes the sparrow more likely to snag on perfectly flat terrain. And makes it more likely to do a hard landing for no discernible reason. And worsens handling. Whatever takes me out from first place is getting blamed on it, is wot im saying.

but really, there was a time when the sparrow just flipped upside down as soon as it hit the ground after the big mars jump.

Pretty sure that there's some hidden code that makes collision detection against you more likely if you're doing well. And makes the sparrow more likely to snag on perfectly flat terrain. And makes it more likely to do a hard landing for no discernible reason. And worsens handling. Whatever takes me out from first place is getting blamed on it, is wot im saying.

but really, there was a time when the sparrow just flipped upside down as soon as it hit the ground after the big mars jump.

I had a few times where in that jump the game just flung me to the left and either I didnt land OR I impacted on one of the walls of the portal and explode. Or being tapped by the fan and being flung whereas other racers who impacted at the same time got nudged and went on their merry way. As for randomly flipping, again on Mars but the area before the big jump where you have the U-shaped curve after going through an entrance with a pole in the middle. I am in 1st place, land on the ground and start flipping for no reason. Now, mind you, this was the same race, so I clawed my way back from last in the 1st lap to a tight first place to then hit 3rd in the end thanks to this. On top of that you have all the other sparrow racers able to manhandle you but you cant do anything about it. The amount of times I have been tapped out of a gate and when doing the hard push just colliding with an unmovable object is beyond me. Also the random decisions in the game when hitting a gate counts or doesnt count. Now I understand there might be lag when positions change and thus gate sizes change, but I had a run where I was in the same position and hit 5 gates the same way wherein I would be running over the pole with half my sparrow in the gate and sometimes I would get the boost and sometimes not.

I do enjoy the rewards though. Like I had a few races where I seemed to get the exact number of motes of light that matched my position. 1st place, 1 more of light, 3rd place 3 motes of light, 2nd 2 motes of light. *sigh*

Anyway, I need this one 1st place on Mars and its killing me. Any 5 players stilling looking for S-Class or finishing off the old book or looking to help over the next few days?

Rehsa

I had a few times where in that jump the game just flung me to the left and either I didnt land OR I impacted on one of the walls of the portal and explode. Or being tapped by the fan and being flung whereas other racers who impacted at the same time got nudged and went on their merry way. As for randomly flipping, again on Mars but the area before the big jump where you have the U-shaped curve after going through an entrance with a pole in the middle. I am in 1st place, land on the ground and start flipping for no reason. Now, mind you, this was the same race, so I clawed my way back from last in the 1st lap to a tight first place to then hit 3rd in the end thanks to this. On top of that you have all the other sparrow racers able to manhandle you but you cant do anything about it. The amount of times I have been tapped out of a gate and when doing the hard push just colliding with an unmovable object is beyond me. Also the random decisions in the game when hitting a gate counts or doesnt count. Now I understand there might be lag when positions change and thus gate sizes change, but I had a run where I was in the same position and hit 5 gates the same way wherein I would be running over the pole with half my sparrow in the gate and sometimes I would get the boost and sometimes not.

I do enjoy the rewards though. Like I had a few races where I seemed to get the exact number of motes of light that matched my position. 1st place, 1 more of light, 3rd place 3 motes of light, 2nd 2 motes of light. *sigh*

Anyway, I need this one 1st place on Mars and its killing me. Any 5 players stilling looking for S-Class or finishing off the old book or looking to help over the next few days?
I am still down for this, the fucking nudging and random flying higher in the air is infuriating me to no end, just 2 wins for S is all I fucking ask for Bungie

Rehsa

Good ol' Ruthless :)

Just had a win in my hands but missed gates like a motherfucker at the end and lost it, almost broke another controller lol

Edit: Finally got it after losing a few in a row, S done, I'm missing Mars and Mercury emblems though :/.

Sofa King

Had a clan Christmas party last night. All done online in destiny. As there was 12 of us we used discord voice chat to get around party chat limitations.

As someone who plays on XB1 I guess I take for granted large parties. Is PS4 still at a max of 8? Last time I remember having party size be an issue was when Division lobbies could be overstuffed and we ran something like 20 people through the hard mission of the day.

Rehsa

Yeah it is, got the first two pretty quick but these two 💀. Just now got the final shader Harrow as well, damn thing wouldn't drop. Never got the first book so forever SoL on that gear and shader

Are achievements in this game bugged or what?

They will randomly pop for you hours, days or weeks later. So yes, bugged. The delay is different for each and each player. Five others in my clan got the one for raiding together at the same time when I was the sixth-- mine popped randomly for me six weeks later.

Zocano

Dropped $20 cause why not and opened a bunch of boxes.

Didn't even get a full dawning set for my titan (only missing the boots).

I feel kinda gross :\

Dr.Wampe

Hey there, got a quick question. Is there a way to buy only rise of iron digitally for the xbox one? I saw some PSN card with this, but couldnt find it for the one? Thx in advance

Deku Tree

Yea, I know but I was wondering if non Discord guys are still playing. Seems it slowed down on Discord too.

https://www.the100.io

This is where I organize and join most of my Raids. It's pretty easy to get a good public game on that site even now. Just show up on time.

I haven't been playing much recently but there is still a lot of activity on that site.

Or try to join a gaffer game whenever they get organized.

Deku Tree

maybe if i'm truly desperate. hopefully i can get a GAF crew over the weekend.

That site has a lot of strong players. It's not LFG. But you do have to use a little judgement about what games you join. It's great if you want to start a game at specific time and only play for 1-2 hours. I met a bunch of good people there and we try to speed run the HM raid.

LiK

That site has a lot of strong players. It's not LFG. But you do have to use a little judgement about what games you join. It's great if you want to start a game at specific time and only play for 1-2 hours. I met a bunch of good people there and we try to speed run the HM raid.

If you're still playing, I would join you in the future.

NeOak

After having been off the Kool Aid for a while, I don't see a reason to grind for the Y3 Icebreaker by doing the NF every week. It is a shadow of its former glory due to nerfing the ammo gain speed.

Thanks PvP balancing team.

FyreWulff

I like the NF more with scoring.

I wish you got points for weapon multikills. There's one for grenades but no bonus for clumping enemies together and then killing them (risk/reward) like you could in Halo campaign scoring. Just exclude thralls from multikill medals if they're the reason it's not there.

NeOak

Destiny 2 needs to make you feel powerful in PvE with your exotic weapons. Bungie needs to find a way to balance PvP without nerfing all the fun out of PvE.
It's retarded. Every fucking time they nerfed something in PvE thanks to the PvP balancing.

Fuck Trials tbh. Main reason the IB got nerfed, among others.

LiK

Yup, weapons need to have separate weapon balancing between PVE and PVP. Making them identical is dumb as shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okayyy looking to do a semi-newbie raid tonight. 8:30PM Eastern time

Gonna do HM with CM Vosik, but newbies are welcome if you are up for the challenge, gonna have at least me and one other high-level helper on board. Others who just want to help out or feel like a laid back raid are of course welcome too. Not gonna use the form for this one since it's a bit of a one-off, so please quote this post if you want a spot, first come first serve.

1. mr. hawk
2. mr. rollo
3. ?
4. ??
5. ???
6. ????
Yup, weapons need to have separate weapon balancing between PVE and PVP. Making them identical is dumb as shit.
Oh kreep mentioned I should specifically see if you are interested !

Yarp, is one of those fixes that are so god damn obvious i'm surprised Arenanet is one of the few companies that actually went ahead and did it. No god damn reason why pvp and pve should share stats, they're inherently different games. Legit a square peg in a round hole problem.

Frostburn

Okayyy looking to do a semi-newbie raid tonight. 8:30PM Eastern time

Gonna do HM with CM Vosik, but newbies are welcome if you are up for the challenge, gonna have at least me and one other high-level helper on board. Others who just want to help out or feel like a laid back raid are of course welcome too. Not gonna use the form for this one since it's a bit of a one-off, so please quote this post if you want a spot, first come first serve.

1. mr. hawk
2. mr. rollo
3. ?
4. ??
5. ???
6. ????

I can help out if you have room (I don't want to take the spot of someone that has never done it before), can bring any class at 400 LL. Would be fun to do a chill HM raid.

Top Bottom