• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Should i attempt NFs before 380s? Sitting at 373 atm

(also ye gods, getting a rando group for that fallen saber mission for the iron lords exo fusion railgun is a pita)

rulerk1

entropy's pinnacle is probably the worst and most unfun quest I've have come across. It's not even hard but they just keep throwing a bunch of enemies at you with their shields and cheap shields. Every where I turn theres a dude with his push shield.

pls help!

EDIT: nvrmind just changed to the lightning class and wait for my special. Horrible mission!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Got one more NF in me for the week, if anyone's looking to put together a team.
Anytime tonight or this weekend or whenever.

Edit - PSN: Mejilan

GutZ31

Late post, but great OT Ruthless.

I wanted to test see if there is still people needing Flawless Raider this late in the game.
I was running them fairly regularly in year 2, but have been slowing down play because of lack of content.
If enough people need it, I can put a group together and find a time for everyone to play together.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Send invite if you need help with any random mission or whatever. Most likely no train tonight. One page of people playing.

I wanted to test see if there is still people needing Flawless Raider this late in the game.
I was running them fairly regularly in year 2, but have been slowing down play because of lack of content.
If enough people need it, I can put a group together and find a time for everyone to play together.

I'll be around to help out with flawless if required.

Also help with newbie raids and such...

Darkangus

I'm still missing the flawless one... Almost 3 years playing and still missing that one. =P

Rubbish offering from xur this week,

The ram
Empyrean bellicose
Knucklehead
Plan c

Also there are no 3oC.

I'm still waiting on xur to sell the new warlock gloves and helmet since they won't decrypt from engrams for me.

SgtCobra

Sorry but what did they change in the matchmaking? Haven't played in like a month or so and the matches are still as sweaty as ever lol

Sorry but what did they change in the matchmaking? Haven't played in like a month or so and the matches are still as sweaty as ever lol

They loosened sbmm apparently and put more emphasis on connections.

The reality is that the lobbies are just as laggy as ever but you now have a pvp God in there to stomp everyone and pad their kd and less reason to rant on twitter about how sweaty it is.

Just means that the other 99% of the community has to sweat it out.

They are not new sets, but year 1 rare (blue) armor recycled for year 3.

All the year 1 recycled class items are already in the game since RoI came out.

Sure, but the question remains: what are the class items that go with those two sets?

Promotional material for the Dawning shows the Lamentation set with the current Vanguard class item (Vitruvius Mark), which makes me think there isn't a specific class item to go with the set.

Not sure about the Snowglare set. Not sure which class items goes with it. :/

Deku Tree

Omg I attempted Aksis challenge mode with PuG teams two nights in a row. Big mistake. Didn't finish it either night. People keep scrubbing. We even failed a last stand, and I think that was the first time I've ever failed a HM last stand.

And then people get mad at you when you try to offer suggestions to help out. I honestly didn't think the encounter was this hard.

I feel like a lot of people new to destiny can get to 400LL in regular PvE and are attempting the raid without admitting that they've never done it before and causing a lot of wipes. And they try to jump into "experienced groups" because they don't want to be in a scrub group either. Maybe it's long past time to move on to other games.

Woorloog

Banned
Bought Destiny Collection from XBLG sale... despite being highly disappointed with this long ago during the beta. Seems improved for sure, though Old Russia is about as boring as it was then.

Tell me there are people playing on Xbone here.
I don't really trust matchmaking for Strikes. The partners i got for Devil's Lair were pretty bad, i revived them like 50 times in an hour and they didn't realize the spider tank boss had weak points... (I couldn't tell them what to do because i didn't have headset on hand at that time, box unopened.)

How long does it take to level to 40, roughly? Currently level 13, played maybe 6h total.

Bought Destiny Collection from XBLG sale... despite being highly disappointed with this long ago during the beta. Seems improved for sure, though Old Russia is about as boring as it was then.

Tell me there are people playing on Xbone here.
I don't really trust matchmaking for Strikes. The partners i got for Devil's Lair were pretty bad, i revived them like 50 times in an hour and they didn't realize the spider tank boss had weak points... (I couldn't tell them what to do because i didn't have headset on hand at that time, box unopened.)

How long does it take to level to 40, roughly? Currently level 13, played maybe 6h total.

You should have received a Spark of Light which will take you directly to Level 40 if you wanted to skip that process. Check the postmaster, inventory, etc. When I bought the PS4 version of Destiny The Collection (which I barely play [317 LL] - not sure what made me think I would have the time to do all the content/faction stuff over again) it didn't show up until I was Level 4 for whatever reason.

In fact, you should have two Spark of Lights...one for Level 25 (?) and one for Level 40.

Woorloog

Banned
Only one Spark of Light for level 40. I'll save it for when i want to play a Hunter or a Titan. I'll go through the leveling with a Warlock. Just wondering how long it takes, not that leveling bothers me.

(In WoW, i tended to create new characters every now and then... when i finally hit level 80 as the cap was then, i just quit.)

stn

Is there a site that states what Xur is selling this week? I'm loaded on coins but not sure if anything is worth buying. Thanks!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone down to help me do the last part of sword reforged and kill Heolstor/Alak-Hul within 30 seconds of each other?

I'm 328 light it really isn't too hard, but I cant get matchmaking to link me with people who want to kill them in the specific way that I need.

Anyway my PSN is AKingNamedPaul lmk if interested

Rehsa

Fucking SRL, why do I get knocked around when people bump into me and nothing happens to them when I bump into them except I get slowed down and knocked out of the way, come on

Edit: all I need is the hallow shader and the S class shader (not going to happen, only managed 1 win so far) and two emblems from shining and campus

phen0m24

They loosened sbmm apparently and put more emphasis on connections.

The reality is that the lobbies are just as laggy as ever but you now have a pvp God in there to stomp everyone and pad their kd and less reason to rant on twitter about how sweaty it is.

Just means that the other 99% of the community has to sweat it out.

I usually pubstomp 1 game and get stomped the rest. Freaking exotic butt towel quest will never get done.

Having to re-download all this game data again - UGH
Having a 2TB SSHD in the PS4 while it happens - YAY

Firecuda? Just did the same yesterday! It's fast!

Fucking SRL, why do I get knocked around when people bump into me and nothing happens to them when I bump into them except I get slowed down and knocked out of the way, come on

Edit: all I need is the hallow shader and the S class shader (not going to happen, only managed 1 win so far) and two emblems from shining and campus

If we get 4 more people together we can make it happen. I already have S-Rank but I need 3 1st place wins on Mars and 1 on Venus for the old book.

Additionally, are there 5 players who want to help my ass in rift for the Red Bull sparrow?

Edit: Oh yeah I completely hear ya on that collision stuff. I have been knocked off course and out of the way numerous times by other players and then, at the end of the race when I ram them after the race ends its like I hit a brick wall and either stop completely or get knocked back and nothing happens to them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone is asking me how to save in the game.

I'm not use to be around this early. Hopefully we can get a train tonight.

NastyBook

Firecuda? Just did the same yesterday! It's fast!
One and the same! I noticed the speeds right off when I restored P.T.. Went by a lot faster than it did backing it up. When I did it the last time on my regular HDD, it was slow going both ways.
It's the reason I wasn't a big fan of it the first time they ran it.

Easiest way to avoid getting knocked around by other players during srl is to stay in first place :D

fwiw, assuming 160 speed bike (and assuming speed aint normalized, not quite sure about that) the key elements that one might occasionally ignore when playing SRL are 1. not using both sticks on curves, and 2. not using side dodges to make hard curves smoother. All the rest, like threading the needle, using tricks during jumps to recover side dodge energy faster, or drifting onto gates on curves, or avoiding jumps if you don't need them, comes quite naturally.

using circuit gloves certainly helps a lot, but is by no means absolutely necessary.

Only one Spark of Light for level 40. I'll save it for when i want to play a Hunter or a Titan. I'll go through the leveling with a Warlock. Just wondering how long it takes, not that leveling bothers me.

(In WoW, i tended to create new characters every now and then... when i finally hit level 80 as the cap was then, i just quit.)

not a whole lot of time. you should be done in less than 20 hours.

You'll most likely wildly overlevel quests quite fast, especially if you're also doing bounties.

Sadly, there's stuff that you'll simply need to re-do on different characters to unlock, like the dreadnought patrol and, im guessing, the plaguelands.

real grind is related to light level.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny competitive is no different from the FGC. I'm listening to some stream and the arguments over small things. Adults going at it with kids, calling each other out and asking for 1v1s. Complaining about top tier this and that.

Deku Tree

Destiny competitive is no different from the FGC. I'm listening to some stream and the arguments over small things. Adults going at it with kids, calling each other out and asking for 1v1s. Complaining about top tier this and that.

Video games on the internet are serious business.

Woorloog

Banned
not a whole lot of time. you should be done in less than 20 hours.

You'll most likely wildly overlevel quests quite fast, especially if you're also doing bounties.

Sadly, there's stuff that you'll simply need to re-do on different characters to unlock, like the dreadnought patrol and, im guessing, the plaguelands.

real grind is related to light level.

Sounds reasonable. Some re-doing is not a big deal. I doubt i'll play with all three classes anyway, Warlock feels like it is my thing.

chur

I wish more people used game chat in Destiny. Just had a match in OverWatch where we got destroyed on offense and 3 teammates instantly got salty. Nothing but arguing and 3 people yelling at each other for about 5 minutes straight. It was very entertaining.

BLCKATK

I wish more people used game chat in Destiny. Just had a match in OverWatch where we got destroyed on offense and 3 teammates instantly got salty. Nothing but arguing and 3 people yelling at each other for about 5 minutes straight. It was very entertaining.

Stuff like that is the reason why I'm glad nobody uses game chat. Ahaha

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Overwatch is the worst of the worst right now. People refusing to play with each other if they don't use certain characters.

Man, after 360's light level is increasing slowly '-(

Almost time to jump into a Raid...

Almost...

Stil scared as I haven't done it since year 1

Also got 3 first place wins in Sparrow racing!! woot!!! I'm officially done with that though, unless Xur's gift is something amazing?

Top Bottom