• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Slaythe

For the record, Goku wears his Battle of Gods outfit (and Super) costume in the game.

Which is a terrible idea since it makes his sign flip sides whenever he does. I get that asymmetrical designs are a bitch in 2D fighting games, but here they could have just decided to not include the sign and it would have avoided the issue.

It's not like anybody would have complained about Goku having his Buu saga outfit.

@ Spman

I really don't think Zangya's got a chance. And if you're going to add in non-canon characters just because they're female, then just add in Towa. At least she's unique. Also, Bulma would probably need to stretch everything she done in the series, which would mean using guns, which would cut into Mai. Personally, I think Mai probably would work better as part of the Pilaf machine, if she was included.

I'd also think Gotenks would get in before a good deal of other characters listed.

For the record, Goku wears his Battle of Gods outfit (and Super) costume in the game.

Which is a terrible idea since it makes his sign flip sides whenever he does. I get that asymmetrical designs are a bitch in 2D fighting games, but here they could have just decided to not include the sign and it would have avoided the issue.

It's not like anybody would have complained about Goku having his Buu saga outfit.

Oh yeah, that's right, just saw it. Yes, it would have been better without it but when we will see characters like Trunks using the sword with two hands, I think we will forget the Goku sign ha ha.

VariantX

If Tao Pai Pai isn't making it, that guy has no chance.

Seriously, this is the guy that Tao Pai Pai 1 shotted with only his tongue. He has nothing but a paralysis move, which Guldo has an infinitely better version of. If Tao with his wildly more diverse move set cant get in of course this dude aint. And Tao is basically a weak Tien.

Eylos

Banned
I'm thinking in the story, How they Will Put ALL these characters from different sagas in a coeherent story, only If they Go to xenoverse way but i dont think they Will do that.

I'm thinking since super is there, dbgt Will be only in DLC. Maybe they Will Begin from the Freeza Arc then skipping time to Cell tournment then buu then Golden Freeza?

Anth0ny

I'm thinking in the story, How they Will Put ALL these characters from different sagas in a coeherent story, only If they Go to xenoverse way but i dont think they Will do that.

I'm thinking since super is there, dbgt Will be only in DLC. Maybe they Will Begin from the Freeza Arc then skipping time to Cell tournment then buu then Golden Freeza?

Raditz -> Revival of F

I'm not expecting anything special here when it comes to the story mode in a DBZ game.

Seeing some of the iconic DBZ moments in this gorgeous engine would be enough for me.

Spman2099

@ Spman

I really don't think Zangya's got a chance. And if you're going to add in non-canon characters just because they're female, then just add in Towa. At least she's unique. Also, Bulma would probably need to stretch everything she done in the series, which would mean using guns, which would cut into Mai. Personally, I think Mai probably would work better as part of the Pilaf machine, if she was included.

I'd also think Gotenks would get in before a good deal of other characters listed.

I am aware that Towa is a thing, I think Zangya is a far better design. Though, I agree her chances aren't great, I still think she could be a decent addition. Once again, it is pretty slim pickings when it comes to female fighters in the series.

I think with Bulma you could make a very complete capsule-based character. Moreover, I think if they went that route she could easily be one of the more interesting characters in the game. I don't think they would need to give her a gun, they could essentially let their imagination run wild.

I agree that a viable way of adding Mai would be through the Pilaf machine. I think that could be a pretty fun character as well. Just like with the idea of baseball Yamcha, I had to go with one interpretation, and the Elphelt model of gameplay is the one I decided to go with.

Lastly, I agree that Gotenks would probably make it in before a good deal of the characters I listed, I just don't think he should. Save Gotenks for first round of DLC. We have enough Saiyans and small body characters as it is. I say that as someone who thinks he is one of the more interesting Saiyans in the series...

Also, even though Gotenks seems more likely, I am sure there will be a few unexpected characters that make it in before other characters that people would think to be more likely.

Steroyd

A movie character having higher priority over two of the series mainstays? Not happening. lol

Why can't we have both?

Either Broly or Nappa is going to be in this as the big boy grappler, although Nappa has a better chance of being a set up character with Saibamen minions.

Neoxon

That's assuming that there's even gonna be a Story Mode. If there is, I could see them going the Xenoverse route.

Lulubop

I am aware that Towa is a thing, I think Zangya is a far better design. Though, I agree her chances aren't great, I still think she could be a decent addition. Once again, it is pretty slim pickings when it comes to female fighters in the series.

I think with Bulma you could make a very complete capsule-based character. Moreover, I think if they went that route she could easily be one of the more interesting characters in the game. I don't think they would need to give her a gun, they could essentially let their imagination run wild.

I agree that a viable way of adding Mai would be through the Pilaf machine. I think that could be a pretty fun character as well. Just like with the idea of baseball Yamcha, I had to go with one interpretation, and the Elphelt model of gameplay is the one I decided to go with.

Lastly, I agree that Gotenks would probably make it in before a good deal of the characters I listed, I just don't think he should. Save Gotenks for first round of DLC. We have enough Saiyans and small body characters as it is. I say that as someone who thinks he is one of the more interesting Saiyans in the series...

Also, even though Gotenks seems more likely, I am sure there will be a few unexpected characters that make it in before other characters that people would think to be more likely.

Gotenks is the most unique Sayian, so I disagree. Im biased tho, since hes my favorite character. Luckily he'll be in.

Spman2099

No, Kale is " we can't have broly around, but we want him around"

Broly is broly.

Give broly his dio ass form he has in that weird Dragonball Ar/Vr thing

Broly is Kale. Better to just have Kale.

Gotenks is the most unique Sayian, so I disagree. Im biased tho, since hes my favorite character. Luckily he'll be in.

I mean, if we are being honest here, the character I want in the most is Yamcha, and Gotenks is obviously WAY more likely to make it in. It seems like you will probably get your way and I will be left out in the rain. Like a sad David Tennant.

Two Words

The roster is gonna be like :

Goku

Vegeta

Cell Saga Gohan

Ultimate Gohan

Android Saga Future Trunks

Gotenks

Vegito

Android 17

Android 18

Piccolo

Krillin

Tien

Freeza (with Golden)

Perfect Cell

Majin Buu

*Kid Buu or Super Buu

SSB Goku

SSB Vegeta

Beerus

Whis

*Maybe Kid Goku

*Maybe Dragon Ball Bulma

Even this list is too big and potentially incorrect if they go for like a sole evil saiyan or Captain Ginyu with like Ginyu force as like assists or something.

I like Yamcha but there were like several earlier DBZ games without him. People like Black and Hit are probably gonna be like first dlc characters announced and have a slot like on guilty gear waiting on them but we know they are coming like a month before launch.
Terrible roster.

Spman2099

Its times like these where I remember than Dragonball is dumb and everyone is named after fruits , vegetables, and fucking spices

Honestly, the fact that I am so infatuated with this game is very disappointing to me. Clearly watching Dragon Ball as a child really buried a love for these characters deep into my psyche.

Village

What if we find out in 1 or 2 years that Broly is Kale's father?
Oh shit, instead of killing broly. They actually sent him into " the next dimension"
Honestly, the fact that I am so infatuated with this game is very disappointing to me. Clearly watching Dragon Ball as a child really buried a love for these characters deep into my psyche.

I mean, whats the point. They are all just functions anyway

Spman2099

I mean, whats the point. They are all just functions anyway

Dead%2BYamcha%2BFigure%2BPic1.jpg
dead

Slaythe

If Kale ever makes it in, I want her to be in base form, with a special rage meter that you have to fill. Once it's complete you go berserk.

Re-use Broly animations as template to make the process of developing such thing easier.

I'm all for more female characters, but I just don't see Bulma having any sort of viable moveset while trying to stay as close to the source material as it seems like they're doing. We're seeing a lot of the moves, even normals, taken straight from the manga.

I think Videl and ChiChi are more likely female characters than Bulman.

Rutger

Banned
If Kale ever makes it in, I want her to be in base form, with a special rage meter that you have to fill. Once it's complete you go berserk.

Re-use Broly animations as template to make the process of developing such thing easier.

Well, ABA likely isn't returning to GG anytime soon, so Kale might just be my best bet to see her playstyle again for now.

cordy

Banned
The roster is gonna be like :

Goku
Vegeta
Cell Saga Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Android Saga Future Trunks
Gotenks
Android 18
Piccolo
Krillin
Freeza (with Golden)
Perfect Cell
Majin Buu
*Kid Buu or Super Buu
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta
Beerus
*Maybe Dragon Ball Bulma

Definitely see these characters being in the base game. SSB will likely be transformations similar to Installs or might even be added onto Goku and Vegeta's movelists with a different ultimate selection. I say you add in Nappa, Ginyu, 16, Broly, Hit and Roshi and that'll likely be the base roster. They'll throw ya one GT character in there so it'll likely be Omega Shenron or something. This way you've got Super, GT and DB represented but it's also a mostly Z game.

Pretty safe roster though.

Zubz

Banned
I'm all for more female characters, but I just don't see Bulma having any sort of viable moveset while trying to stay as close to the source material as it seems like they're doing. We're seeing a lot of the moves, even normals, taken straight from the manga.

I think Videl and ChiChi are more likely female characters than Bulman.

lol Bulman

But she can use that exosuit from the Frieza arc that she fought that giant crab with.

Well, ABA likely isn't returning to GG anytime soon, so Kale might just be my best bet to see her playstyle again for now.

Wait, what's that? I haven't been keeping up with GG lately.

Eylos

Banned
I Like the Idea of lunch fighting than Bulma, Its a funnier character, dual personality sneeze change Psycho girl Guns blazing

Bulma never fights, Its kinda odd see her fighting, chi-chi, mai and videl are better options

Rutger

Banned
Wait, what's that? I haven't been keeping up with GG lately.

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, so I'll give a couple answers.

If you're asking why I don't think ABA will return soon in GG, no real reason other than that she isn't as popular as several other characters, so she's probably a lower priority unless they decide to ignore that.

If you're asking who ABA is, she was added to the series in Isuka so she's only been in three games. She starts off slow and weak, but she has a couple ways to change into a berserker mode that is fast and strong for a limited time, so she has to balance switching between the two forms throughout the match. It's a pretty cool playstyle.

mooncakes

I'm

They always can come up with an original story. Might be more wild/crazy then what we see in the anime/manga.

Also, No roster prediction without Vados or Whis is invalid.

Slaythe

I need Goku Black in the base roster.

super_saiyan_rose_reaper_by_kapitanyostenk-dateba3.jpg

Should be fun as hell to play with that scythe.

Pretty sure he's a lock.

394B26F04C052B26FA316CEC202C9ECDC1AD2A42

They won't pass up the opportunity.

Also, I'm kinda triggered by people wanting obscure characters right away when we don't even have important DB/Z/Super characters confirmed.

Next time you'll see people asking for the Ninja in Dragon Ball.

Top Bottom