• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

d9b

Banned
I can't find any games online... it's just on constant searching loop. I'm changing regions, but still nothing. What's that all about?

void666

Banned
I really wish the Nvidia FleX tech was used in more games for blood and gore. It is great

It murders my fps. Like every nvidia gimmick it's beautiful to look at but not worth the performance hit. I'm trying to keep the gaming running at 120 fps by the way.

Peroroncino

I want to know this as well. Do they have a roadmap or something?
Game is fun as hell. I just want more content.

A roadmap would be sweet, just got the platinum trophy and I'd gladly see what, if anything, they have in store after the summer update, I need more content.

I want to know this as well. Do they have a roadmap or something?
Game is fun as hell. I just want more content.

If Killing Floor 1 was anything to go by, there will be events for summer (Summer Sideshow), Halloween (Hillbilly Horror), and Christmas (Twisted Christmas) every year, plus periodic content updates that add stuff like new weapons and paid DLC cosmetics.

They might have other plans, but that's what they did for KF1, and it's not unreasonable to assume that they've got a similar plan in mind for 2.

Van Bur3n

Been getting quite lucky with some of the loot drops. Got a cool rare skin for the lever action and a ski-mask both in a short period of time between each other. Looks odd on Mr. Foster though. Wish drops were more frequent though. I still don't even have 10 of those common things I can use to attempt to craft up an uncommon (or was it rare?) item.

Pretty lame system.

daman824

This was easily one of my top 3 ps+ games until a ton of people found corner spots where you're invincible. And it's not just one map either, a ton of maps have the issue.

Makes vs matches impossible to win as the zeds, and completely ruins the fun of the survival matches. If they don't fix the issue soon, I'm done

Watching someone knife the patriarch to death in a corner isn't fun. And the issue is only getting worse as more people find out about the exploit. Most games I join have someone abusing this glitch now

Gator86

This was easily one of my top 3 ps+ games until a ton of people found corner spots where you're invincible. And it's not just one map either, a ton of maps have the issue.

Makes vs matches impossible to win as the zeds, and completely ruins the fun of the survival matches. If they don't fix the issue soon, I'm done

Watching someone knife the patriarch to death in a corner isn't fun. And the issue is only getting worse as more people find out about the exploit. Most games I join have someone abusing this glitch now

This and the wonky matchmaking are the biggest threats to the game's continued prominence. I doubt a lot of Plus people are going to stick around for too many days of matchmaking errors or corner sitting.

Also, as someone else said above, versus is quite literally broken. It freezes the game every time I join a match using the PS4 Pro.

Hope their patch is in the pipeline. I really don't want this game's population to fall off because it's great and should be on the upswing - not the opposite.

When i first started playing this on PS4 I did get the endless match making problem. But if you set up a party before you try to get into a match.. I'm in within seconds.

So the Weekly challenge is kinda fucking hard.

It's one of those that is actually easier the less people you have.

In fact, playing it in Solo might be the best option.

yansolo

anyone playing on pc experiencing frame drops since the updates? Game was optimized with GeForce experience with everything on ultra pre-updates and was running smooth, now even when I set options on high still get random fps drops,

riflen

anyone playing on pc experiencing frame drops since the updates? Game was optimized with GeForce experience with everything on ultra pre-updates and was running smooth, now even when I set options on high still get random fps drops,

I've had this game suddenly start chugging for no reason during a round. In fact when it happens, the frame rate is still up over 80 fps, but it feels like 30. It wouldn't return to normal unless I restarted the game.
My solution was to reset the 3D settings for the game in NVCP and also reset the video settings in the game and set it up again. This seems to have worked so far, but the problem was very intermittent so it may still return. I can't talk about GeForce experience profiles because I never use them.
If I had to guess I would say it's a bug in the NV Flex features.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Perk weapons are only those with the specific perk icons, right?

Doesn't matter that they put the repeater in the gunslinger section of the shop... it's still a sharpshooter weapon, and levels sharpshooter. Wouldn't level a gunslinger or get the gunslinger perk bonuses, correct?

Doesn't matter that they put the repeater in the gunslinger section of the shop... it's still a sharpshooter weapon, and levels sharpshooter. Wouldn't level a gunslinger or get the gunslinger perk bonuses, correct?

I believe that if the weapon is in your perk's section of the shop than you will get XP for your perk. For instance, I use Commando and there is a healing rifle and one with a grenade attachment that I like to use sometimes. When I do I get Commando XP.

You can actually see this in the middle frame of the shop screen (where the stats are displayed). If you highlight a weapon not in your main perk tree you can see the symbol for it in the middle frame next to a plus sign, which to me indicates that it also allots XP for that perk if that is the one you have currently equipped.

Would love to be able to finish a match on Hard. It seems like everyone my friend and I get matched with for Hard matches are levels 0-3 just playing the game for their first time. You shouldn't be messing around in Hard until you at least have one perk bonus, maybe two.

Evolved1

I believe that if the weapon is in your perk's section of the shop than you will get XP for your perk. For instance, I use Commando and there is a healing rifle and one with a grenade attachment that I like to use sometimes. When I do I get Commando XP.

You can actually see this in the middle frame of the shop screen (where the stats are displayed). If you highlight a weapon not in your main perk tree you can see the symbol for it in the middle frame next to a plus sign, which to me indicates that it also allots XP for that perk if that is the one you have currently equipped.

Would love to be able to finish a match on Hard. It seems like everyone my friend and I get matched with for Hard matches are levels 0-3 just playing the game for their first time. You shouldn't be messing around in Hard until you at least have one perk bonus, maybe two.
Huh... no kidding. That would be awesome. I'd love to use the lever-action as a gunslinger... always avoided even trying because I didn't want to trade-off perk bonuses just to use it.

Hmm.

catspit

Huh... no kidding. That would be awesome. I'd love to use the lever-action as a gunslinger... always avoided even trying because I didn't want to trade-off perk bonuses just to use it.

Hmm.

People jump in hard for the XP bonus and hope other people can carry.

Hmm.

Yep as long as it's in the Gunslinger's section of the shop you will get XP if you have the Gunslinger perk active. I roll Gunslinger pretty frequently and like to mix in the Dual Spitfires from time to time (for heavies & bosses), and I do get Gunslinger XP using them.

spiritfox

It used to be perks only affected perk weapons, but they changed it a while back so some weapons are cross-perk, like the revolvers with Sharpshooter and the M203 with Commando.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
New Patch!
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=232090

Weapons Balance:
Commando
Stoner 63a
Damage increased 20%
Scar
Damage increased 10%

Support
M4
Weight reduced to 7 blocks
Hip recoil reduced 13%
Reload speed increased 20%
Elite reload speed increased 20%

Sharpshooter
Centerfire
Adjusted position for reloads to not block the center screen as much
Fix camera bob on sprint run to not be so extreme

Bug Fixes:
Fixed Scrake enrage issue
Fleshpound now properly enrages at any point in the game at spawn time if requested, Boom mode now properly de-enrages at all times
Players should now be able to more reliably matchmake into Weekly Event servers
Fixed typo with Summer Sideshow player "Accesosory"
Jagerhorn now also properly unlocks via Digital Deluxe as well as game group membership

[TW]Stone;241526469 said:
New Patch!
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=232090

Weapons Balance:
Commando
Stoner 63a
Damage increased 20%
Scar
Damage increased 10%

Yeeeaaah buddy. Might be time to jump back into Commando. I really dig it but I felt pretty useless in boss fights unless I was right next to the enemy blasting them with a Stoner, so I've been playing a bit more Gunslinger.

Also, the more I've looked into it, the more I'm not sure about how XP is given if you use off-perk (but still in your perk's section of the shop) weapons. Was 'slingin yesterday with SpitFires and noticed myself getting noticeable Firebug XP. Seemed like I may have been getting 'bug and Gunslinger XP. Maybe it pro-rates the XP for both perk classes if you use dual-class weapons like that?

Evolved1

So is all this event stuff only on PC?

I haven't ever noticed anything on PS4.

So is all this event stuff only on PC?

I haven't ever noticed anything on PS4.

It's coming to PS4 later in the summer I believe.

I got the Weekly done by managing to get in a game near the end that was full up on level 25 guys who were able to finish it after my puny level 12 died, though I lasted longer than they probably thought I was going to.

Gibbles17

Loving the game but fuck me it sucks playing on Suicidal+ and having everyone rush for the corners to try and cheese the boss. Really hoping that gets fixed soon, having a wicked time with it otherwise.

Erebus

Killing Floor 2 is 50% off right now on Steam and the original game is also currently free on Humble Bundle!

Killing Floor 2 is 50% off right now on Steam and the original game is also currently free on Humble Bundle!

KF2 is also free on PS+ right now, but who knows what the size of the community is there or how the controls handle (Or more importantly, if it'll be supported properly, given the amazing history of non-Overwatch PC-centric FPSes having console versions) being Tripwire's only console port IIRC.

PepperedHam

KF2 is also free on PS+ right now, but who knows what the size of the community is there or how the controls handle (Or more importantly, if it'll be supported properly, given the amazing history of non-Overwatch PC-centric FPSes having console versions) being Tripwire's only console port IIRC.
Tripwire has done a pretty good job as far as I can tell keeping content parity between the two versions of the game, they communicate over on their PS4 forums too. I haven't been around there or in the game as much recently but they've done a satisfactory job up til now.

Just finished the headshot event with a Lv20 Gunslinger. That was tense. There were way too many times we got close to getting wiped and we were mostly 20+.

Somehow I found M1911 to be a good early purchase because it was a lot better at ensuring I kill more enemies in one shot, even if I had Rack Em Up. Having a Commando helps a LOT against stalkers, crawlers and all the extra Zed time.

I think we were Gunslinger + Commando + Medic + Sharpshooter and two other slots that keep getting refilled. I nearly died to Hans because I kept trying to line up dual Magnums.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Just finished the headshot event with a Lv20 Gunslinger. That was tense. There were way too many times we got close to getting wiped and we were mostly 20+.

Somehow I found M1911 to be a good early purchase because it was a lot better at ensuring I kill more enemies in one shot, even if I had Rack Em Up. Having a Commando helps a LOT against stalkers, crawlers and all the extra Zed time.

Similarly, I found duel M9s to be very useful against crawlers, who have become one of the most annoying enemies in this event. Thirty rounds, fast RoF, and still just need one headshot to kill them.

Raxus

Playing on the PS4 now and I simply can not get into a VS Survival game. I just need to win 2 matches in that mode.

AoM

Finally picked this up after playing the original for so long.

First thing I noticed: being able to sprint is so strange lol.

Raxious

5 man party and unable to find a single server, why the hell did this game become a free PS+ title if the server's don't even work :s

The people who camp in the corner are really annoying.

It's fun on co-op for me because I'm a medic, so I'll toss a medic grenade at them and save them.

I gotta say, I'm having a blast with this game. I didn't think I'd have this much fun, yet here I am going from Commando to Medic and enjoying it some more. It's obviously not a deep game, but for pure fun factor, I can't wait to get home and play some more.

Really liking this game so far, the Gunslinger is a lot of fun.

What's Gunslinger like? Commando was guns blazing, and medic has been an awesome support unit for me. Haven't tried the others.

Peroroncino

5 man party and unable to find a single server, why the hell did this game become a free PS+ title if the server's don't even work :s

Well that's partly why the servers don't work, too many people compared to what they had to deal with before it was 'free'.

Try mashing pretty fast the X button on the online play/cancel option about 10 times and leave it on searching when you stop mashing, it sounds silly I know, but the game freezes for a second and then finds me a match almost immediately, no matter the size of my party.

It's fun on co-op for me because I'm a medic, so I'll toss a medic grenade at them and save them.

I gotta say, I'm having a blast with this game. I didn't think I'd have this much fun, yet here I am going from Commando to Medic and enjoying it some more. It's obviously not a deep game, but for pure fun factor, I can't wait to get home and play some more.

What's Gunslinger like? Commando was guns blazing, and medic has been an awesome support unit for me. Haven't tried the others.

It's deeper than you think, especially on PC.

Experien

Well that's partly why the servers don't work, too many people compared to what they had to deal with before it was 'free'.

Try mashing pretty fast the X button on the online play/cancel option about 10 times and leave it on searching when you stop mashing, it sounds silly I know, but the game freezes for a second and then finds me a match almost immediately, no matter the size of my party.

I've never had an issue finding a server when playing the game and I bought it as soon as it came out and played a bunch since its freeness. What difficulty, server, type of games you looking for?

Top Bottom