• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypunch

Banned
I can't stop watching the trailer. I think we all need to thank Monolith and Soraya Saga on Twitter.

Also, glad to see Kunihiko Tanaka back on board. I wonder if he's actually an official Monolith Soft employee or whether it's just freelance work...

ultron87

The overhang things you can see in the background at a few points look pretty similar to the features like that from Gaur Plains in Xenoblade.

Xenoblade Spoiler:
So it could totally be on the remade non Bionis world from the end of the game.

Alchemy

God damn it Japan, stop making games where I don't control the entire party. I will probably buy this, and hate it just as much as Xenoblades for having a shitty combat system while trying as hard as I can to like it.

boiled goose

good with gravy
this looks... AMAZING.

As a huge fan of Xenoblade, consider me hyped.

The rideable mechs and scale look awesome.

Online multi coop would be a huge plus.

God damn it Japan, stop making games where I don't control the entire party. I will probably buy this, and hate it just as much as Xenoblades for having a shitty combat system while trying as hard as I can to like it.

Nah, I actually liked the combat system. It was fun playing with different combinations and main characters and having to use completely different strategies.

duckroll

X is not a Xenoblade sequel. On the Nintendo Japan twitter and Nintendo Direct page they very specifically say that this is a "New Original Title from Monolithsoft". It has no title yet, it is clearly the spiritual successor to Xenoblade, but they would have no reason at all to not say "Xenoblade" or "New Xenoblade game" if it is.

I also assume this means no Baten Kaitos 3 :(

Monolithsoft Kyoto is working on a 3DS game. This is from Monolithsoft Tokyo. Believe.

flyover

There. Fixed for you.

Fritz

Really really awesome, but goddamn, that "Shulk" at the end looks like PS1 era cutscene material. Not that I care when everything else looks so fucking fantastic.

prwxv3

Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system.

2San

X is not a Xenoblade sequel. On the Nintendo Japan twitter and Nintendo Direct page they very specifically say that this is a "New Original Title from Monolithsoft". It has no title yet, it is clearly the spiritual successor to Xenoblade, but they would have no reason at all to not say "Xenoblade" or "New Xenoblade game" if it is.
Xenodoll it is.

Labadal

This was the most interesting game that was shown of them all. More and more interesting Wii U games on the horizon.

Ultimadrago

Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system.

This.

Man, what did that thing even do?

(I mean I know what it did, but never cared for it and never will)

BK isn't even entirely a Monolithsoft series!

I dunno who owns the rights to BK and I didn't mean to imply that Honne's team is necessarily working on something within that series, just some unknown 3DS project.

I guess my post did support the idea that BK 3DS might happen though.

RagnarokX

I wonder how the dolls work. Do you just find random dolls littering the landscape, use them until they run out of fuel, and abandon them? Is there some method for transporting and refueling dolls?

duckroll

I dunno who owns the rights to BK and I didn't mean to imply that Honne's team is necessarily working on something within that series, just some unknown 3DS project.

I guess my post did support the idea that BK 3DS might happen though.

I'm just saying that in terms of what the "BK team" is working on, there are more factors than just Honne. Unless they decide to make BK without Tri-Crescendo. Although... why anyone would want to make more BK is really beyond me, considering how poorly both games sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom