• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Cornbread78

I've never played this, if the PS4 version doesn't have any issues I'm probably going to get that. I own the base game + all DLC on Steam but I have a lot of difficulty playing long games on PC. I don't know what it is, the mindset just isn't there.

Hopefully, we don't get any more of:

YuQufY9.jpg

SpaceHorror

Will the PS4 version have custom armor mods?

I play as Redguard sometimes and love the Red Guard Knight armor set mod on PC. I'm hoping for something similar in the PS4 version. If not I'm going for the One version.

StereoVsn

I can say that Fallout 4 is quite a bit more stable vs Skyrim. So I am hoping a lot of "performance" and texture mods could be skipped. That way stability of the game would be better.

Jamesways

Cannot wait until midnight!

I put about 700 hours in the 360 and am excited to start over. Loved creating overpowered gear and building houses.

Although there's only 25 mods right now for PS4 and none of the major ones I'd want that are available for the Xbox one. Someone get Ars Metallica and Open Skyrim uploaded for PS4!

Will the PS4 version have custom armor mods?

I play as Redguard sometimes and love the Red Guard Knight armor set mod on PC. I'm hoping for something similar in the PS4 version. If not I'm going for the One version.

No, the PS4 can't get any new armors that aren't already in the game.

The XB1 version should be the easy choice if you own both consoles. It's like getting twice the amount of content for the same price!

Although there's only 25 mods right now for PS4 and none of the major ones I'd want that are available for the Xbox one. Someone get Ars Metallica and Open Skyrim uploaded for PS4!

Those mods are simply not possible on PS4 :/

timewyrm

Is this a game that I could run on the highest settings at 1080p on a laptop ( i7 4720hq / gtx 970m / 16gb ram ), or should I just go for the Xbox one version. ?

rashbeep

Banned
For the PC crowd

Creator of ENBSeries: "If this game version will be popular enough, i'll do all i can to modify it"

Phionoxx

Add me to the list of those who have not played through any of the DLC. Excited to get back into it on PC. Just need to figure out if I will do a new character or carry over my existing archer I had from the vanilla game. Would like to carry the archer over but have a feeling I would be lost when it comes to the quest lines / overall progress.

Add me to the list of those who have not played through any of the DLC. Excited to get back into it on PC. Just need to figure out if I will do a new character or carry over my existing archer I had from the vanilla game. Would like to carry the archer over but have a feeling I would be lost when it comes to the quest lines / overall progress.
The dlc is quite meaty. It's great.

AFAIK save files/characters cannot be transferred.

Izayoi

Banned
I bought the Legendary Edition for PC. How do I go about getting the upgrade in my Steam library? I want my wife to play this game.

Got my xbox one copy in the mail this morn, looking forward to jumping in again. Add me to those who never got to Dragonborn so it's legit exciting to have new content to work towards.

Phionoxx

The dlc is quite meaty. It's great.

AFAIK save files/characters cannot be transferred.

That's good to hear. From what I've read if you have vanilla PC version saves they can be transferred and carried forward to the PC special edition release. But yeah you can't go PS3/360 saves -> PC special edition. At least easily without messing around with exporting / converting the saves from the consoles over to PC first.

Ploid 3.0

I bought the Legendary Edition for PC. How do I go about getting the upgrade in my Steam library? I want my wife to play this game.

If the game isn't available for preload in your library list you may need to wait a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265256995174981/
Skyrim Special Edition for Owners of Skyrim and all Add Ons

We have started added Skyrim Special Edition to the libraries of customers who own Skyrim and all of its add-ons, and opened the game for pre-load for those users. Unfortunately, the process of adding the game to people's accounts is going a bit slower than we originally anticipated. If you already own Skyrim and all the DLC but you aren't seeing Special Edition in your Steam Library, don't panic! We should have it added to everyone's accounts within the next 24 hours, and then we will continue adding it to people who complete their collection in batches as we approach the Special Edition launch on Thursday.

That's good to hear. From what I've read if you have vanilla PC version saves they can be transferred and carried forward to the PC special edition release. But yeah you can't go PS3/360 saves -> PC special edition. At least easily without messing around with exporting / converting the saves from the consoles over to PC first.
Oh true you mentioned PC. I'm sure there's already a workaround haha. On consoles, it's definitely not happening whatsoever, but that's fine. I want to dive in fresh anyway.

SpaceHorror

The XB1 version should be the easy choice if you own both consoles. It's like getting twice the amount of content for the same price!

One version it is then.

RK9039

Preloaded on Steam since yesterday, can't wait to see if the several bottlenecked areas will perform better or not with the updated engine. I probably won't play a lot on this new version at first, but once SKSE will be here and maybe Boris's ENB (he is not really enthusiastic about it for the moment), then sure, with 64 bits support, it'll do wonder.

What's up with the different storage size between North America and Europe for consoles?

Pretty sure the framerate is unlocked, but I can assure you that you don't whant the game to run above 60 fps.

No ENBs? I literally cannot play without a preset. Non-ENB Skyrim is like staring at vomit.

For the PC crowd

Creator of ENBSeries: "If this game version will be popular enough, i'll do all i can to modify it"

Ah nvm. Should be okay then.

Unity2012

Thank you for the OT.
The amount of mods, already, for the Xbox one at lunch is exciting. I put over 100hrs on the original and barely touched half the story. I'm looking forward to finish it along with all the DLC

aravuus

Tried playing the original a couple of days ago since I wanted to check out a couple of quest mods, and it ran like absolute shit on my Win 10 PC, like the buggiest POS I've played in a while.

So yeah, I'll check this out tomorrow. Hope it works better.

Zexen

IIRC the Skywind modders got their Morrowind remake working on the Skyrim Special Edition engine.
Do you know if they ran into any problem or if it was a simple copy/paste to make it run?

Because it's exactly for this very reason that I don't have much hope with these older games ported into the game with latest engine; it takes a lot of time to create, and then a new engine is released and the porting starts all over again. Just look at Morroblivion and Skywind, Kudos to the team behind these projects, but this is a never ending work.

But if they have been able to port this on a really simple way then I guess it's a good thing, as we won't see a newer engine in quite a long time regarding the next Elder Scrolls installment.

alexbull_uk

I'm looking forward to jumping back in on PC. Great reason to go back. I just hope the new engine is more stable, say what you want about FO4 but stability is massively improved over Skyrim - hopefully that carries over.

Just noticed the original meta critic scores too, it's kinda funny that the 360 version reviewed higher than the PC version.

Comet

I was going to dive in a third time into this game (first time 360, a year later on PC, and now PS4) but I think I'm going to wait out for the Switch version. Playing this on my bed will be great.

Coxy100

Banned

I own both. I can see why you'd say that - and I know I'm in the minoriy - but I'm going for the PS4 version.

Hopefully it looks nicer. But main reason being I'm not fussed about mods for Skyrim (the base game is awesome as it is) and I'm buying this mainly to experience the DLC - never played any of them.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
One of my absolute favourite games of all time, I cannot wait to get back into Skyrim. It's preinstalled and ready to go on my Xbone. I've got a few mods lined up ready to download. I'm going to build the most perfect pure Mage, it's going to be awesome.

With this and mods for Fallout 4, I'm set for the winter. I might resurface next year for Horizon or Andromeda.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When can I play on steam?

8.5 hours. The timer on the store page is an hour off as "... in approximately less than an hour" was added into the mix instead of replacing "... in approximately 1 hour" (I informed Valve of this almost three weeks ago now).

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was sort of looking forward to this, but I do not have any of the Skyrim DLC.. may have to check the prices up here in CAD.

madjoki

*It’s worth noting that those who plan to play the massive open-world game with mods enabled won’t be getting trophies, as mods will disable them. So, Trophy hunters will have to play the game regularly."

This is stupid (at least on PC). I guess first mod to install is one to enable achievements.

Top Bottom