• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I normally prefer my chocolate to be in the fridge. Just something about the coldness that adds to the experience.

I prefer chocolate to be edible. As in, not a puddle that leaves you heads looking like you had an unfortunate nappy change, but not so rock hard in the fridge that it chips your teeth when you bite it.

confession time: despite liking biscuits, wafers, cookies and chocolate, I've never liked a Tim-Tam (I might have tried one once).

I'm always top 20 lol.

also I watched Princess Mononoke last night. What a movie, loved it. Gonna watch Grave of the Fireflies next.
I should watch Princess Mononoke. I haven't before.

On Sunday, I showed Arrietty to my mum, as she wanted to watch a movie. She liked it a lot. The next day, I took a risk with Spirited Away (risky because of surreal elements I thought she would dislike) and she liked it but not as much. Maybe next weekend I could risk something so different as Grave of the Fireflies. But I also have Porco Rosso...

We already watched Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbour Totoro a few years ago.

dity

Currently transitioning between an Internode and a Telstra plan now, so I'm using a 4GX dongle. And wow, this must be what NBN is like.

I should watch Princess Mononoke. I haven't before.

On Sunday, I showed Arrietty to my mum, as she wanted to watch a movie. She liked it a lot. The next day, I took a risk with Spirited Away (risky because of surreal elements I thought she would dislike) and she liked it but not as much. Maybe next weekend I could risk something so different as Grave of the Fireflies. But I also have Porco Rosso...

We already watched Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbour Totoro a few years ago.

It's a beautiful movie with a simple message. I watched with the English dub and it was good.

I still can't watch that movie without getting teary-eyed.

Yeah I've heard this. Maybe I'll watch Howls or Totoro first. The only Ghibli movie I've seen previously was Spirited Away.

For those that watch Anime, are there any movies in the vein of Perfect Blue or Wicked City that are must sees with a serviceable dub? I liked Perfect Blue more than Wicked City but I loved the craziness of WC.

dity

For those that watch Anime, are there any movies in the vein of Perfect Blue or Wicked City that are must sees with a serviceable dub? I liked Perfect Blue more than Wicked City but I loved the craziness of WC.

Try Paprika, should be exactly what you're looking for.

On another note, go for Redline as something different. Spectacular movie.

Both have good dubs.

dity

I think I actually own Paprika on bluray. I got it for like $5 when the local Kmart closed. I'll have to give it a watch!

Yeah it's one of those weird Sony anime releases so it never seems to go for a lot. I got it for cheap some time ago too, has like 7 language tracks and 10 subtitle tracks on it. Incredible for a western release.

Stackboy

My workplace offered me a free flu shot, which I got yesterday. I think it knocked me around a bit. Hopefully it combats sickness for the winter.

Gazunta

I prefer chocolate to be edible. As in, not a puddle that leaves you heads looking like you had an unfortunate nappy change, but not so rock hard in the fridge that it chips your teeth when you bite it.

confession time: despite liking biscuits, wafers, cookies and chocolate, I've never liked a Tim-Tam (I might have tried one once).
Revealed: Why we exported ClivePwned

Dead Man

Cold chocolate is best chocolate. It warms up quickly anyway, unless you live in Tas.

Wait wait wait they've changed the only shapes I actually eat? Noooooooo

Indeed they have. They have gone from being one of the greatest snacks of all time to something I have no interest in consuming ever again. :( So bloody sweet now, like American BBQ flavour.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Cold chocolate is best chocolate. It warms up quickly anyway, unless you live in Tas.

Indeed they have. They have gone from being one of the greatest snacks of all time to something I have no interest in consuming ever again. :( So bloody sweet now, like American BBQ flavour.
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ;__;

Rezbit

Apparently they now mix flavour in the biscuit as opposed to having that goodness sprinkled all over? Sounds awful, will not buy.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Apparently they now mix flavour in the biscuit as opposed to having that goodness sprinkled all over? Sounds awful, will not buy.

anigif_enhanced-18136-1416360523-1.gif

Quasar

Sad when that kind of thing happens. Not sure if thats worse than just being taken off the market like what happened to my favourite shape style biscuits.

Of course now stuck on a low carb diet I can't really have any biscuits :(

Dead Man

As long as they didn't fuck with pizza flavour...

They are. All the boxes at my local were labelled with 'new and improved coming soon' or something like that.

Sad when that kind of thing happens. Not sure if thats worse than just being taken off the market like what happened to my favourite shape style biscuits.

Of course now stuck on a low carb diet I can't really have any biscuits :(

That sucks, on both. :(

I just don't understand why they have done it. Not like they were unpopular or something.

Fredescu

I think we know where Tak Fuji went after leaving Konami:

Shapes-Extreme1.jpg

I had the extreme mega cheese recently and I have to say they were better than the name suggested.

It's a beautiful movie with a simple message. I watched with the English dub and it was good.

Yeah I've heard this. Maybe I'll watch Howls or Totoro first. The only Ghibli movie I've seen previously was Spirited Away.

you could try the other two films he directed around the same time - ninja scroll and Demon City Shinjuku , there are many other good films out there that are nothing like those mentioned but fill all other requirements, eg summer wars

also Wonderful_Days or sky blue depending on what cut and dub of the film you are watching is a really good Korean film directed all the way back in 2003 that rivals films from 2013/14 in the animation department just a shame we didn't get more from that director before he passed away

RE BBQ shapes - this is why they always taste like crap now ? noticed that a few years ago tho recently iv picked up a few packets were like have the bag is filled with that red dust and like wise missing half the biscuts lol so some sort of manufacturing problem

having said that smiths chips haven't been good for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom