• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega to release Dreamcast Collection for 360/PS3

Roto13

Nairume said:
We played enough 8/16-bit JRPGs? :shrug:

With the port's decreased encounter rate and the accessory that cuts it down even further, it kind of becomes a non-issue fairly early on.
Some of my favourite games are 16-bit JRPGs. They weren't nearly as bad with the random encounters as Skies of Arcadia. There were points where I was getting into battles every half step.

I almost jizzed in my pants when I saw the title....then I read all the negative (and probably true) comments, picked up my laptop and threw it on the ground.

No but seriously, Power Stone or Skies or Shenmue plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hell if PS1+2/Skies/Shenmue 1+2 came out as a well-ported collection, I'd have no qualms about paying full price for it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if this collection will contain the games not found on the downloadable DC ports on PSN/XBLA...

Like others are saying, it's likely a selection of what's been released on XBLA/PSN up to that point.

Remember at E3 there was this quote by a Sega dude saying he expects 18 to 24 titles on the services by sometime next year.

CVG said:
Earlier today at E3, we asked Sega West president Mike Hayes how many Dreamcast titles he expected to have on the service by this time next year.

His reply will warm the heart of Dreamcast lovers everywhere:

"We hope to have somewhere between 18 to 24. Around that."

So don't get all disappointed when all these titles you're hoping for aren't a part of the retail disc and just hope for them to show up on XBLA/PSN eventually, I reckon.

shaowebb

Since this will likely be a Sega only list of titles...

Crazy Taxi
Space Channel 5
Jet Set Radio
Chu Chu Rocket
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Sega Gt
Shenmue

Pray that Capcom releases a compilation because then comes

Cannon Spike
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3
etc
etc etc
etc etc etc

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Alex Anderson said:
Remember at E3 there was this quote by a Sega dude saying he expects 18 to 24 titles on the services by sometime next year.
Wow, how did I miss that quote? That'd be amazing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
18-24 Dreamcast titles eh? Anyone wanna take a wild guess?

Koralsky

Billychu said:
Originally Posted by wwm0nkey:
Honestly I hope to god Jet Grind and Power Stone just come out soon.

That's all I need. Please let this happen Sega!

For Power Stone ask Capcom, not SEGA.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I loved Seaman, but I just never had the patience for it. :lol

Tomasooie

The site actually only lists it for 360, but I don't see why Sega wouldn't release it on PS3. Maybe it will include Rez and Virtual-On.

notworksafe said:
Nice!

Here's my wishlis

Crazy Taxi
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Set Radio
Space Channel 5
Blue Stinger
Virtua Tennis
Shenmue 1+2
D2
Sega Bass Fishing
Seaman
Samba de Amigo
Sega GT
House of the Dead 2

Yeah, I know many of these won't make it in.

LOL. dream on. I think 2-3 games would be more likely

theultimo said:
Its going to be:

SA
Crazy Taxi without licenses
Space channel 5 pt 2
Bass fishing

And unlock able

Afterburner climax
Sadly you are probably correct. Expecting this to be anything like the Sega Mega Drive Collection is probably foolish, they aren't suddenly going to re-port Sonic Adventure and obtain all the old Crazy Taxi licenses for a disc release.

Still, if by some miracle it contains Chu Chu Rocket I'll buy it anyway.

Suzzopher

Is it wrong to long for a Saturn collection more?

I still have my Dreamcast hooked up via VGA on my TV in the lounge and looks lovely. I'd love to see Saturn games get the HD treatment.

Aaron

Suzzopher said:
Sonic Adventure on XBLA/PSN looks like shit on HDTV.
It's true how amazing dreamcast games look on a CRT and turn to utter shit on HDTVs. It's the only reason I hang onto my old VGA monitor.

Jay Sosa

At first I was excirted but the more I think about it all the games they'll probably include I already own or don't interest me at all.

Everyone who thinks that either SoA or Shenmue will be on this collection is crazy. Will probably be full of this shitty time limit/arcadey games that made me not like the DC as much as other people.

Is it wrong to long for a Saturn collection more?

Not at all, they're treating the Saturn like a red-headed stepchild, whats up with that?. As someone who unfortunately never owned one due to monetary issues I'd love to see a Saturn collection.

CiSTM

Banned
Shenmue 1+2 plz. I own both for DC but I don't own DC :_(
What are the chances of getting JSRF ? Better game in all ways then the orginal but IIRC at the time it was only released for Xbox. Does MS have some kind of rights for it or does Sega own all the rights of JSRF ?

Danneee

Give me Ooga Booga with online multiplayer and I'll be happy.

And yeah, it will most certainly be CT/SA/some other game. I know for sure that I wouldn't even buy it for 10 bucks.

Brera

Banned
Jet Set Radio please.
Die Hard Arcade
Crazy Taxy

and all the other naomi arcade games! Screw Skies of Arcadia and all that shit!

Brera

Banned
CiSTM said:
Shenmue 1+2 plz. I own both for DC but I don't own DC :_(
What are the chances of getting JSRF ? Better game in all ways then the orginal but IIRC at the time it was only released for Xbox. Does MS have some kind of rights for it or does Sega own all the rights of JSRF ?

DC version was light years better!

Top Bottom