• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merry Christmas from Microsoft: 360 Warranty extended to 1 year

Quagm1r3

Ha. The funny thing is I bought my 360 in March and a month ago when it broke down, I didn't have to pay the repair costs.

Ha...haha...HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol

mildewproduction

Hey guys this is J.

Just came over to this douche's house and killed him. Saw his computer was on GAF.

This is why you don't leak our $#it.

Don't worry about me incriminating myself in this thread. Microsoft has more money and lawyers then God.

LAMLAMALMALMALAM

Your friend,

J. Allard

P.S. Please buy a Zune.

Dizzy

Banned
So will they now get off their ass and send me my details for my 2 year extended warranty? they took the money a while ago.

Do they normally take this long or should I just find a number and complain?

Meier

J, my iPod is full and has been for the past year.. would love a Zune since I think it looks great, but the 30 GB size is too small of an upgrade for me to buy. Hook me up with a free one! Come on, you know wanna.

Signed,
An Xbot

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, if this is true, I will essentially have a three year warranty from MS since I bought the extended warranty. Right?

JCBossman

Banned
HOLY SHIT!!!, I CALLED FOR THIS IN THE "Why haven't you bought a 360 thread", I'm like NOSTODRODOMUS!

P.S. I think GhaleonEB was sitting on this news, and got "Scooped"....Oh well you snoze you lose!

FightyF

Banned
mildewpsqp8.jpg

YAAAAAAYYYYYY

:|

PhatSaqs

Banned
JCBossman said:
P.S. I think GhaleonEB was sitting on this news, and got "Scooped"....Oh well you snoze you lose!
Kinda weird cuz he asked to get banned right after this thread and hasnt posted since.

MS shill?

JB1981

PhatSaqs said:
Kinda weird cuz he asked to get banned right after this thread and hasnt posted since.

MS shill?

He requested to be banned. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he has some involvement with MS.

FightyF

Banned
JB1981 said:
He requested to be banned. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he has some involvement with MS.

Heh, are you serious? I mean, I'll always remember him for not getting into GoW until playing it for a good while...and he plays it on a SDTV, doesn't he?

Odysseus

Banned
JB1981 said:

Well, he works at Intel and, if I'm not mistaken, participated in a cost-estimate on the OG Xbox's processor relatively late in its life cycle. So I guess you could call that an involvement with MS if you really wanted to split hairs.

I think GAF just wore him down a bit. He'll rebound.

arne

PhatSaqs said:

MS shill?

le sigh. that goes for you too jb1981

Anybody that's on here that works for MS and "shills" for them on this board fully discloses who they are and who they work for, if it isn't obvious already.

Anybody who works for MS and doesn't disclose who they are, they're not here representing MS -- only themselves.

Nobody is on here "working" on this board without making it clear who they are. That's not part of the, um, I guess you could call it code of ethics that was written up and used for as long as I've been doing work for them.

PhatSaqs

Banned
arne said:
le sigh. that goes for you too jb1981

Anybody that's on here that works for MS and "shills" for them on this board fully discloses who they are and who they work for, if it isn't obvious already.

Anybody who works for MS and doesn't disclose who they are, they're not here representing MS -- only themselves.

Nobody is on here "working" on this board without making it clear who they are. That's not part of the, um, I guess you could call it code of ethics that was written up and used for as long as I've been doing work for them.
Good to know and thanks for the clarification arne.

I was just fishing for answers and threw out a worm.

adelante

Lol just about 80% of the responses of this thread has more to do with Ghaleon than they do with the topic...:lol

But then again, its GAF....

Brannon

Odysseus said:
I don't know, arne. I've never revealed my ties to MS.

Hey guys, I'm in charge of quality control.

*looks at Sonic the Hedgehog*

*looks at pitchfork*

*looks at Odysseus*

*looks at pitchfork*

*looks...*

You sure about that :p

Odysseus

Banned
DJ Brannon said:
*looks at Sonic the Hedgehog*

*looks at pitchfork*

*looks at Odysseus*

*looks at pitchfork*

*looks...*

You sure about that :p

Oh yeah. That's me. I stand by that 3-5% defect rate, by the way.

kiUNiT

holy shit guys the internet ain't supposed to be this serious. I come here for fun and entertainment and some times for info like the title from this thread, please lighten the fucck up guys:) oh and thanks for the info mildew.

lexi

Banned
So Microsoft is now offering the quasi-standard and indeed, minimum-required-by-law-in-some-countries warranty now? That's good I guess, wouldn't really consider it a gift though.

Wow, can't believe Greedysoft is going to do this. My friend's 360 was just sent to get repaired 2 weeks ago and he had to pay $140+. So now he'll get a refund?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/1222-xbox360warrantyextended.htm

Well its "official" now.

Newsflash:
Microsoft Extends
Xbox 360 Warranty to One Year

This holiday season, shoppers can buy with added confidence as Microsoft expands its warranty coverage of the Xbox 360™ video game entertainment console from 90 days to one full year. Microsoft has announced that any Xbox 360 purchased in both the United States and Canada will include this added warranty coverage, and it even applies to those who have already purchased an Xbox 360 console and who are still within their first year of ownership!

Effective today (December 22), the one year warranty is now the standard for all Xbox 360 consoles. Customers that experience hardware issues with their Xbox 360 within one year of purchase will have their consoles repaired at no cost. Moreover, the new warranty policy is retroactive, so consumers that may have already paid for out-of-warranty Xbox 360 repair within one year of the console's purchase will be eligible for reimbursement of their console repair charges.

"Our number one priority for the Xbox 360 is customer satisfaction," said Jeff Bell, Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business. "Now, in addition to Xbox 360 offering features such as jaw-dropping high definition graphics, an amazing variety of more than 160 games, and social online and entertainment experiences found on Xbox Live®, this warranty upgrade is an exclamation at the end of an already compelling home entertainment offering."

Customers who have already paid for repairs within their first year of ownership can expect reimbursement checks for the amount of their console hardware repair in approximately 10 weeks. These will be automatically distributed, so customers do not need to proactively contact Microsoft. Customers who have any questions regarding this policy change or who have experienced any hardware issues should visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/contact/ or call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and speak to an agent.

This warranty extension only applies to the hardware and software of the actual Xbox 360 console itself. It does not apply to any Xbox 360 accessories, including any that may have been packaged with the console at the time of its original purpose. Xbox 360 accessories retain their original 90 day warranties. For full information on the Xbox 360 warranty, click here.

Core Zero

Dangit.

Just bought a 360 from Microcenter and got their 1 year replacement plan. Go figure...

Oh well, double protection... I guess.

I wonder what's their policy for items bought in the US and shipped overseas.

Would be a bitch if I actually bought one next year, it malfunctions, and I end up stuck with a doorstop. :/

Dr_Cogent

Banned
It's about damn time. This shit was way overdue. ****ing dolts.

All new consoles should have 1 year warranty standard. End of Story.

Philthy

WickedLaharl said:
This is what I want to know.

It's pretty obvious they'll add the extra year to whatever warranty you already have. Otherwise they'd be stealing your money at this point, and I pretty much doubt they'd want to get in any trouble.

What I want to know is if this years warranty will cover shipping costs or not. The paid warranty covers shipping costs, but the original 90 day warranty did not. So does this mean we need to pay shipping costs for the first year, but when our extended warranty starts to be used 1+ years that we dont?

Top Bottom