• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

What's happening? I am frightened.

My post has vanished.

Anyways, I'm disappointed that this appears to be another prequel. I'm played out with Greek mythology. I hoped for some other type of folklore or mythology (you could even have Kratos as a fish out of water type), but if it's more Greek mythology, I am done.

Is the trailer only 15 seconds?

No, there's a longer one with that Gaia chick doing the narration. I still can't quite place where this is taking place, but it's post killing your own family now I'm mad at other people phase.

edit: Oh shit, Sony Police. Everyone, to your bunkers!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ibluXZ2ImpeF52.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have no idea what happened to this thread but I shall reiterate my opinion:

Kratos. :| :| :|

Seriously didn't expect them to use him again. Really disappointing.

Alrus

No, there's a longer one with that Gaia chick doing the narration. I still can't quite place where this is taking place, but it's post killing your own family now I'm mad at other people phase.

But the teaser is pointing out to a time before Kratos became mad (or I misheard what the old lady said :/).

Thread gone, now back?

Either way, don't care if it's prequel or not, just tell me when (and please, not this christmas, my wallet can't take it anymore)

So its ether another prequel (snore) or maybe it is set after 3 and he is trapped in Hades but reliving moments in his past so he can finally rest or something.

Need to know more because I was expecting something more out there from SSM.

Dont want another prequel/side story.

Valnen

God of War without Kratos would be blasphemy. It wouldn't work and wouldn't sell. It isn't God of War without Kratos.

Sounds like....every other God of War game. :<

Which were all...amazing games. I would like another amazing game.

You didn't expect them to use the God of War in a a game called God of War?

Kratos is badass personafied. Don't want another character, just don't want all the baggage that came with GoW3.

KillGore

English-expertGAF, help me. At 0:31 in the youtube link:

"Kratos would break his _____ to an unjust god"

help?

don't say penis

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Excited as shit. I guess they can't get rid of Kratos because he's a trademark, just like they couldn't get rid of the whole assassin outfit in AC3.

But still, prequel or what?

Derrick01

Banned
No problem there. Ghost of Sparta was better than GoW3.

Not even close. I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and I honestly can't recall anything from it. The PSP games are entirely forgettable experiences since they lack the epic moments and bosses that make the series memorable (it sure as hell isn't the gameplay).

squidyj

I'm confused as to exactly what point in time this game is supposed to occupy, I thought we had accounted for all of Kratos' time, now he has more time? wtf?

Bebpo

Banned
I don't get why we're getting another prequel. There really isn't any room left to tell about what he did prior to the events of the first game.

If it's really another prequel, then it just feels like they just threw their hands up and gave up on any plotting.

"Let's just make a game where Kratos kills shit with fancy gfx" - entire thought process behind next GoW game.

Give me GoW Modern Warfare or give me GoW Norse.

Top Bottom