• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazabi

Had a fun game against WW|Phoenix or what's his name. We dominated until he got his manta and started to sell his illu's items and got from 0 farm to full item build. Way to go "dota2-pro". Worst patch ever, wont play until they fix this shit.

vinicius

Neo Member
Had a fun game against WW|Phoenix or what's his name. We dominated until he got his manta and started to sell his illu's items and got from 0 farm to full item build. Way to go "dota2-pro". Worst patch ever, wont play until they fix this shit.
yeah, I'll do the same. Or else I'll play capt. mode and ban DS.

ksan

kTIfW.jpg
There's a screenshot. GJ

Then again he's fucking trash tier, only sponsored because of the temporary bubble.
What piece of shit excuse of a person.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

It's getting patched tonight, along with the bug that lets you random-repick-random and get like 1k gold. Also just get all your friends to report him.

dorkimoe

His orbs are pure damage, and do a ton of damage. So, Antimage's low hp pool that relies on spell shield to tank is useless vs him. OD easily gets 200+ dmg with autoattacks with nothing more then force staff, treads, mek at lvl 12. His banish poofs Antimage for 4 seconds, making it impossible for him to chase down a hero and if unfortunate enough, can get him killed b/c it steals int. His ulti deals 8/9/10x the difference between his int and the enemy's in a huge aoe, so that's more ice'ing on the cake.

Thanks. Now I'm going to have to try him. Now who counters him?

ksan

So voice commands confirmed then, sweeeet!

Get out of there! She's gonna blow!

JustinBB7

Is it still enabled? I have 0 :(

Nah they stopped it, only the few clans and some random other people that are heavily involved with Dota (like Tobi and some other casters) have it right now. But from the short time it was enabled of course. It's not enabled anymore.

JustinBB7

I'm still waiting for them to properly replace the kill streak voice with something more in line with the game. It sounds so out of place.

I read on playdota that a lot of people want to keep it because it was a major part of the first dota. Though maybe with the Steam Workshop it can be changed later.

injurai

Banned
I read on playdota that a lot of people want to keep it because it was a major part of the first dota. Though maybe with the Steam Workshop it can be changed later.

I thought they were going to add different announcers as part of the game. Including the Dr. Kleiner, TF2 announcer, Glados and Wheatly.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm still waiting for them to properly replace the kill streak voice with something more in line with the game. It sounds so out of place.

They might add more announcers and there was even another one in the early beta, but the original isn't going anywhere. It's too good to change.

JustinBB7

I thought they were going to add different announcers as part of the game. Including the Dr. Kleiner, TF2 announcer, Glados and Wheatly.

That would be cool. I always thought the TF2 announcer/Glados (they're the same person) would be a good choice because she's one of Valve's main voices right now.

Did you read this somewhere? It would be pretty cool.

They might add more announcers and there was even another one in the early beta, but the original isn't going anywhere. It's too good to change.

Really? the kill streak stuff? I don't have a problem with the female announcer currently but the kill streak stuff just doesn't sound right especially given the visual theme of the game. Ideally, I'd like each character to have their own quip (like TF2) for kill streaks but that's a lot of work..

Artanisix

Kill Streak stuff is perfect. I don't want anything different. If other people want custom sounds that only they can hear, that's fine with me.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I hope there is an option to turn off custom announcers. They were a major annoyance in HoN, especially with the gay stereotype and Duke Nukem ones going off within 5 seconds of each other.

injurai

Banned
This is where the idea that Dr. Kleiner would be an announcer

As for the others, I think I may have just read or heard about them else where. Perhaps it was speculation, but they should totally add more.

*not sure if its okay but I quoted myself so the image wouldn't blow up your screen with its size :D Just open in a new window.

JustinBB7

This is where the idea that Dr. Kleiner would be an announcer

As for the others, I think I may have just read or heard about them else where. Perhaps it was speculation, but they should totally add more.

*not sure if its okay but I quoted myself so the image wouldn't blow up your screen with its size :D Just open in a new window.

If it's like that you might be able to buy different announcers from the store looks like.

Sibylus

Banned
Loving the picks in this game (Invoker, Enigma, Tidehunter, Leshrac, Prophet, Broodmother, Beastmaster), it's going to be a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom