• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil has more unresolved sexual tension than any series in HISTORY *NSFW*

Replicant

BlazingDarkness said:

dng3r9.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mr_Zombie said:
Try searching for "Jill Valentine", I dare you...

Searching for anything on Deviantart will give that kind of results.

It's called Deviant for a reason.

The "whoa that's cool" factor isn't there anymore.

Cosplaying ain't what it used to be.

It was rare models would get paid and all that by whatever company wants exposure for their game/anime etc. Just another marketing event, aka Lara Croft.

Erebus

Replicant said:
The hottest live-action Chris Redfield (Will Lupardus plays Chris in the RE5 viral trailer):

1zgzs6a.jpg

jj926t.jpg
I remember these promo trailers. And this guys is...

O nom nom nom.

Kimosabae

Banned
So do Mass Effect fans appreciate the sex scenes in those games, or cut themselves afterwards?

Or both? At the same time?

I'm LTTP so this has probably already been mentioned, but the OP brings up a valid point. Why isn't there more sex in games? The industry clearly wants to conform to idealized standards of beauty so it does seem a bit ridiculous that these characters aren't even displaying sexual tension towards each other in most cases. The most notable, recent example I can think of where sexual tension is handled well in a game is Uncharted 2 - but there was no sex. Or even implication of sex.

Bummer.

Is it uncertainty in regards to how to present sex? Is it still considered taboo in games (in spite of Mass Erect)? Do we still have to think of the children? Like any tasteful person, I don't want to see sex utilized gratuitously (or anything utilized gratuitously, really), but sex is a potential story driver that seems underutilized in games, that can give them more relevance and gravity modern culture.

It's time the lack of sex changed, I think.

Vamphuntr

I just saw the Chris raped by tentacles pic linked on page 4 < . <

Congrats GAF, you truly made the thread title delivers.

CadetMahoney said:
The "whoa that's cool" factor isn't there anymore.

Cosplaying ain't what it used to be.

It was rare models would get paid and all that by whatever company wants exposure for their game/anime etc. Just another marketing event, aka Lara Croft.
And many times those paid models acted like strippers with guns. Cosplaying has never been cooler than it is today simply because more and more gamers are doing it and many of those gamers are hardcore. You should check out some of the lengths cosplayers go to when cosplaying Final Fantasy or WoW characters. Yeah there will always be a fatty Tifa for every 3 or 4 hot Jills, but who cares. Let them have their fun too.

evangd007

Kimosabae said:
I'm LTTP so this has probably already been mentioned, but the OP brings up a valid point. Why isn't there more sex in games? The industry clearly wants to conform to idealized standards of beauty so it does seem a bit ridiculous that these characters aren't even displaying sexual tension towards each other in most cases. The most notable, recent example I can think of where sexual tension is handled well in a game is Uncharted 2 - but there was no sex. Or even implication of sex.

There isn't romance in most games because game writing stinks. Bioware romances are considered the zenith of contemporary romance writing in games, and it's mediocre at best.

AAK

Kimosabae said:
The most notable, recent example I can think of where sexual tension is handled well in a game is Uncharted 2 - but there was no sex. Or even implication of sex.

Are you sure you've played UC2? Do you not remember the Chloe-Drake scene?

Kimosabae

Banned
AAK said:
Are you sure you've played UC2? Do you not remember the Chloe-Drake scene?

Uh... yes? It's been a while since I last played it, but I don't remember a sex scene.

*edit*

Chloe and Drake did not have sex.

tiff

Banned
evangd007 said:
There isn't romance in most games because game writing stinks. Bioware romances are considered the zenith of contemporary romance writing in games, and it's mediocre at best.
Do they usually handle it better than they did in Mass Effect? Because Mass Effect's handling of romance was downright embarrassing.

Kimosabae

Banned
sfedai0 said:
Well, it was implied....unless your imagination is that of a rock.

Again, it's been awhile. Post a link to the cutscene so I can see the implication, please. All I remember is them flirting intensely in a bedroom. I don't remember how the scene ended. The details escape me.

Even still, the falsity of that single premise doesn't make the conclusion invalid anyway.

*shrug*

RE4's ending does imply that Leon used to fuck Ada. Hunnigan's smile in the scene after the credits also hints that Leon's advances aren't unwelcome.

So basically rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy is the biggest player in the RE universe because he had sex with one woman and might have sex with another.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Kimosabae said:
Again, it's been awhile. Post a link to the cutscene so I can see the implication, please. All I remember is them flirting intensely in a bedroom. I don't remember how the scene ended. The details escape me.

Even still, the falsity of that single premise doesn't make the conclusion invalid anyway.

*shrug*

http://youtu.be/z05Gluvxi1o?t=4m36s

They did it

Cartman86

Banned
xelios said:
Very low body fat %. And sure, we're all attracted to the same thing. That's what the mesh shirt is for as well; it's like a beacon calling all gays.

lol I meant it in a specific gay "fetish" way. Like bears, but for veins... There are certain things I love about women that are not commonly drawn.

Top Bottom