• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the metldowns in here. FUNDED BY NINTENDO PEOPLE - EXCLUSIVE OR NOTHING. This thing was CANCELLED before now! Diehard fans of the series should be happy it even exists!

Honestly, if you're thinking about 'switching', now's the time to do it - FIFA 13, BLOps 2, Zombi U... plus more to come. I think Nintendo are finally getting the balance right.

ironcreed

Banned
It's fun how a third party exclusive has changed gaf from "will never buy WiiU neither accept it for free" to OMG BOUGHT DAY ONE IS THIS REALITY in matter of minutes, you guys are pretty impressionable lol.

Not at all. It's just a good indication that they have been listening and know that they need some good exclusives to win back the core crowd and get them to buy into Nintendo again. This is nothing but good news and hopefully it is a sign of things to come. Inferior hardware to the PS4/720 or not, I'll still gladly buy one if it has some great exclusives that I want to play.

remz

Don't worry. Baypnetta will be B-produced quick money get scheme thing. They quickly recycle first game's mechanics and invent cheesy story.

No real inventions here. It will be boring.

that'd still be better than every other action game this gen put together

StuBurns

Banned
People anticipating this should hope it's a true exclusive, not timed, so they can implement gamepad features from the ground-up instead of tacked on ones.
But it's not ground up if it was a PS360 game initially.
I think it'll be a real exclusive. How often do AAA "published by Nintendo/MS/Sony" games go over to other consoles? It can't be that often at all.
Very rarely.

mclem

Haha I just thought about Kamiya's twitter blowing up, that'll be entertaining to read.

I do hope there's some (sincere, rather than tongue-in-cheek) "I'm an expert"-esque tweets heading his way. He'll have some fun with those.

wingz

This is amazing news. Good job on Nintendo for getting such a great exclusive. Man, I can't believe there are so many haters LOL.

Monocle

Don't worry. Baypnetta will be B-produced quick money get scheme thing. They quickly recycle first game's mechanics and invent cheesy story.

May I borrow your crystal ball? I need to check up on some stocks.

pswii60

Or more than likely the complete opposite with Nintendo on the publishing duties. It'll be incredible, just you wait and see.

Not to mention, no developer wants to let Nintendo down. They don't give you a second chance.

vg260

If Bayonetta 2 was exclusive to the PS3 I dont think we would be seeing the hate I see on in this thread.

Of course, because for most people here it wouldn't require a new hardware purchase.

I hate that it's exclusive for a platform I don't plan to buy, but I agree it probably wouldn't exist otherwise, sadly.

The_Monk

I hope one year later we can get this game on another console with all DLC and minor stuff added then somebody at E3 will be like:

Geoff: -So you are getting Bayonetta 2 on your console, but it's not that the same game Sony/MS Guy?

- It's not the same game!

Geoff: - Well it has the same contents!

- It's not the same Contents!

Jeff-DSA

So basically it was:

1) No Bayonetta 2
2) Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive

I don't understand how anyone can complain.

This is NeoGAF, dude.

Seriously though, this is a wonderful gift to hardcore gamers. It's been a while since we've had such a pleasant surprise.

This thread, man.

People refuse to buy Nintendo console because the Wii lacked great exclusives and third party support, used terrible PS2 level tech and had gimmick controls.

So Nintendo creates a console with traditional controls, more modern tech (and lets be honest, most games on Orbis/Durango will look more like 360/PS3 games than the UE4 or Cryengine 3 demos, and if you really care about the tech that much why not get a PC?), and secures great exclusives and third party support.

And they actually get angry at Nintendo for doing this!

Not saying to go out and buy a Wii U or get over this being exclusive, but maybe don't discount ever getting the console just because its Nintendo.

EVOL 100%

Y5PAV.gif

jmdajr

So it's not the same team? I worry it will be Devil may Cry 2 quality.

Seriously, I would wait for reviews if you are putting down almost 400 bones JUST for this game.

StuBurns

Banned
Ohh I forgot about that. Maybe they'll spend a lot of time retooling it
I doubt it, this seems like a straight up attempted to grab the hardcore. Having it designed around their 360 pad seems like the best idea, especially considering Bayo 1, and this initially, were designed that way.

It's not a game that will sell more than a million units, tops. But it's a game that will get "core" gamers (or for the sake of argument, people who don't traditionally buy Nintendo games) to invest in the platform, and they will buoy sales of other multiplatform third party titles, which will garner more support for the console as developers gain faith that their games will make money.

Correct. Even if Bayonetta 2 and other exclusives in the same vein aren't very profitable individually, the aggregate effect is guaranteed to make this incredibly worthwhile.

This is surprisingly savvy for such a conservative company, assuming Nintendo doesn't shy away at the first sales disappointment. I hope they reach out to all sorts of developers and publishers everywhere in the world.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We don't know exactly how the publishing deal is working out, but if it's working out the way it seems, then Nintendo is directly funding the game's development.

I don't see why it would be any more likely to be ported than Wonderful 101 in that event.

W101 is a Nintendo IP

Roto13

I'm not going to read this thread because I just know it's full of idiocy and pathetic moaning.

I just wanted to say I'm so happy Bayonetta 2 is actually happening. This is the best news ever.

Roto13

So it's not the same team? I worry it will be Devil may Cry 2 quality.

Seriously, I would wait for reviews if you are putting down almost 400 bones JUST for this game.

Platinum Games doesn't have anyone capable of making a game as bad as DMC2, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom