• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts already hacked on Ps3 (Pics inside)

only thing worse than the hackers is this dude name dropping over having personal email addresses
whatever2jpg.png

hesido

If these are done on un-modded PS3's, how inept should you be to allow hacking online?

If these are modded PS3's, how inept should you be to allow modded PS3's online?

Just an observation....i pick up second hand games for my son to play and the amount of major ps3 third party titles where he has gone into games and had people

# Flying around under or over the map
# Had some sort of god mode cheat
# have altered weapons
# spam some annoying sound effect or graphics glitch ingame

As i said before the 360 is by no means a safe haven but any game that is over a year old does not appear to be policed or patched at all on ps3 and the same idiots keep showing up
I can assure you it is the same on the 360.

Ghosts is also hacked in the 360. The video linked in the OP is a guy talking to people using a 360.

The reason for this is that both consoles have been hacked wide open, the PS3 lasted longer in that regard but both are now completely fucked - so there's not much they can do.

Care to tell us what games?

Also third party games are patched by the devs, has nothing to do with MS and Sony ...... same with moderation of 3rd party games.

Report cheaters, don't just bemoan them ...... the mechanisms are there.

Latest 2 were ass creed 3 and f12012

f1 the top 3 players in the lobby must have chitty chitty bang bang mode or we had mark webbers pit crew as they were putting in laptimes almost a minute faster and appeared to not have to slow down for any corner or get knocked off the road

ass creed 3 ....my son was killed by a basket of fish and one of the other players could kill people by just bumping them

both games by no means are perfect examples of good programming but both games I play on 360 and have not had the same issues.

legacyzero

Banned
"MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS. JOIN MY LOBBY FOR 1600 MSP AND I WILL GIVE YOU 10TH PRESTIGE AND ALL GOLDS."

Got sick of getting those messages on XBL.

How the hell can a game be hacked before release??

You'd think they fixed this shit. This is the only series that has this problem. BF games don't have that issue because 1, they don't make it easy to hack, and 2 they don't build in features like God mode and stuff that they put in COD for debug/dev modes.

Theecliff

Banned
"MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS. JOIN MY LOBBY FOR 1600 MSP AND I WILL GIVE YOU 10TH PRESTIGE AND ALL GOLDS."

image.php

Oh god what have you done to your avatar

Stuff of nightmares, man

-

OT:
Christ, it's been hacked already?

If you've bought a game, why would you want to curb your progression through the game by cheating? Seriously, how much fun could it possibly be to already be the highest rank possible and to automatically win in matches?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Its things like this that remind me how far psn is behind xbox live....xbox live is by no means perfect but there are so many games on the ps3 that are so broken u dont even bother to go online

I can't speak for any other game but COD has always had far more cheating on the X-box than the PS3.

I can't speak for any other game but COD has always had far more cheating on the X-box than the PS3.

You sure about that? I've always heard some versions of COD are ruined on PS3 due to hacking, but I've never heard of hacking on Xbox beyond a few idiots who are banned shortly thereafter, because they can be easily reported.

Still get them every time I jump back into any COD game.

Oh my god. Your avatar. Why? ;_;

Valnen

So that's how they can sell a Call of Duty on PS4 that looks like a PS3 game, because the PS3 version looks like a PS2 or OG Xbox version.

I don't understand the point of cheating in a console game. There's nothing to win, no money or physical or virtual goods, the only thing you can gain is the satisfaction of winning through your skill. Cheaters must feel very empty inside.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
You sure about that? I've always heard some versions of COD are ruined on PS3 due to hacking, but I've never heard of hacking on Xbox beyond a few idiots who are banned shortly thereafter, because they can be easily reported.

I have the same trouble on bot the same tbh. COD4 and MW2 are hacked to shit on both, but BO1,BO2,and MW3 you can mostly find legit games with hacked matches in between on both. COD WaW was just destroyed beyond repair on both, I mean they hacked freaking killstreaks to airstrike dogs nonstop the whole match.

Technically 360 has always been hacked more before Geohots finally made that easy to install 3.55cfw. Before you could still hack on legit PS3s but was harder and not as widely used, then the 3.55cfw came out and the hacks were rampant on mostly just COD4 and MW2.

Nebula

Got in a modded lobby in Team Tactical earlier and got some footage. It's literally like Ye Olde JTAG lobbies on MW2. I expect a full reset just before launch.

Hip Hop

Got in a modded lobby in Team Tactical earlier and got some footage. It's literally like Ye Olde JTAG lobbies on MW2. I expect a full reset just before launch.

I really hope they can keep up with this.

I finally went with the PC version this time around but they never bothered fixing MW2 and MW3 with the hacks. They both are unplayable. It seems the console versions of these games are clean. They weren't that way but they fixed them.

COD 4 on PC didn't have this problem as having admins for servers gets rid of this. Wish one day they would bring that back, but no.

I really hope Infinity Ward gets on their game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Its things like this that remind me how far psn is behind xbox live....xbox live is by no means perfect but there are so many games on the ps3 that are so broken u dont even bother to go online

Nonsense.

How is this anything to do with PSN? These are things people do to the game on the console side, it has nothing to do with the quality of PSN or XBL. And as people have mentioned this stuff happens on the 360 versions too, why? Because the base game is what allows then to hack as cheat, not the server structure.

As for the other games the same allies there, the developers control what their game allows an what they patch, people hacking in AC3 or F1 has nothing to do with PSN or XBL.

You evidentially ignored the years of 360 hacks wen they cracked open the device, there were games being screwed over long before anyone broke open the PS3.

Majukun

i didn't play that much online beside various fifa iterations,but borderlands on 360 was definitely hacked...once i joined a session where a guy was just making "pools" of rare and ultra-rare weapons

Nebula

i didn't play that much online beside various fifa iterations,but borderlands on 360 was definitely hacked...once i joined a session where a guy was just making "pools" of rare and ultra-rare weapons

That was more a modifaction of a save file than a hack of the console.

IISANDERII

Nearly every lobby I go to has somebody running an invincibility hack in World at War on XBL. And it's been like that for a very long time.

Top Bottom