• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Its more like an ass-pack. Or a reverse fanny pack. Not a backpack.
whatever, manpurse total:

WiIHr.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Posting this here because it's awesome

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5203650/Additional_Matchmaking_Changes-4_23_2012#blog

Blizzard said:
With the launch of Season 7, we briefly relaxed matchmaking settings to occasionally match players with opponents that were slightly more or less skilled. We quickly found that these changes had undesirable consequences for players at the extreme ends of the skill range, and reverted to the previous matchmaking settings in response. After analyzing the data and reviewing player feedback, we found that the loosened matchmaking settings had a positive impact on many players that weren’t playing at those extremes.

With that in mind, we are now ready to move back to the more relaxed matchmaking system, after making some improvements to correct the issues we were seeing at the extreme ends. Players should find that a larger proportion of their matches are against opponents of similar skill, but there is some room to allow players to compete against easier and more difficult opponents. As a result of this change, players at the highest and lowest ends of the skill ranges should no longer be negatively impacted by the loosened matchmaking changes.

Matchmaking will not be more relaxed at the highest skill levels. In fact, we’ve tuned matchmaking at the very high end to favor more competitive matches over faster matchmaking. While this may have some impact on wait times, we believe that this adjustment will improve the ladder experience for high level players and make practicing on the ladder better than it has ever been.
As always, we will continue to monitor the effects of these changes and make further adjustments if necessary.

So basically if you're really amazing or amazingly bad, you'll match against similarly skilled opponents only. However, if you find yourself in the middle, the matchmaking will be a little looser letting you match against slightly better or slight worse players in addition to players of the same skill.

Bravo

zap

I'd be tempted to pick up a PAX Prime pass, but I'm not sure if its worth it to travel from NZ to the States for it (I do have access to cheaper flights potentially, but still...).

Is PAX worth the trip?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Posting this here because it's awesome

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5203650/Additional_Matchmaking_Changes-4_23_2012#blog

So basically if you're really amazing or amazingly bad, you'll match against similarly skilled opponents only. However, if you find yourself in the middle, the matchmaking will be a little looser letting you match against slightly better or slight worse players in addition to players of the same skill.

Bravo

But how will amazingly good players get to dong mercilessly on amazingly bad players. And what if the amazingly bad players get an accidental kill? (ACTUAL complaint I have read from amazingly good players)

Stinkles

I'd be tempted to pick up a PAX Prime pass, but I'm not sure if its worth it to travel from NZ to the States for it (I do have access to cheaper flights potentially, but still...).

Is PAX worth the trip?

View from your house:

PDIAj.jpg

View from my house:

IXPuf.jpg

Is PAX worth the trip?
I'd say yes. Hell I think it is worth saving every penny for the flight. Meeting the people you write with/to everyday is a pretty good reason.

But how will amazingly good players get to dong mercilessly on amazingly bad players. And what if the amazingly bad players get an accidental kill? (ACTUAL complaint I have read from amazingly good players)
Most of the time they're aren't entirely mine. They're usually assists.

Obviously Halo 4 needs a "no assists" playlist.

I'd say yes. Hell I think it is worth saving every penny for the flight. Meeting the people you write with everyday is a pretty good reason.

Essentially the reason im going, think its going to be great to meet you guys and hopefully some 343 guys aswell.

Im basically putting every penny i earn into going and im already fucking excited.

How much free swag did you guys pick up last year, worth bringing extra storage for ?

Stinkles

Essentially the reason im going, think its going to be great to meet you guys and hopefully some 343 guys aswell.

Im basically putting every penny i earn into going and im already fucking excited.

How much free swag did you guys pick up last year, worth bringing extra storage for ?

View from your house:

I7sld.gif

Gui_PT

How much for the plane ticket? Have any idea?

Quick and crappy, an update on my attempt to re-imagine a Jackal:

3GI5w.jpg

(crappy cellphone picture with flash. Ill put a decent copy up once I finish it)

Once again, I am looking for comments and critique.

Also, I still am not happy about how far I departed from the Jackals established skull structure.. I was using the comments describing Halo 4's Jackal as a cross between an Iguana and a Shark and kinda gave it my own twist. Im gonna finish it and then try again, this time trying to make it more alien and Jackal like.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Those weren't amazingly good players
...at least I hope not lol

Tashi, how's the podcast coming?

Everyone has their own schedules and Omlet has some serious internet problems so I guess it's delayed lol. I'm not rushing though, I wanna make sure it's a good one.

Fuchsdh

How many DVD's just for that?

And people were complaining about the game being in 2 discs the other day

200GB is not a whole lot of audio when you consider they're prolly recording at something like 96kHz/24bit. That'll get downsampled to 48kHz/16bit at the very least in the final game.

Most media that gets recorded is never going to be used, unless you're doing an animated feature, in which case if you've got shots you aren't going to use you're failing at your job.

Quick and crappy, an update on my attempt to re-imagine a Jackal:

3GI5w.jpg

(crappy cellphone picture with flash. Ill put a decent copy up once I finish it)

Once again, I am looking for comments and critique.

Also, I still am not happy about how far I departed from the Jackals established skull structure.. I was using the comments describing Halo 4's Jackal as a cross between an Iguana and a Shark and kinda gave it my own twist. Im gonna finish it and then try again, this time trying to make it more alien and Jackal like.

That's really cool looking. Man, I wish I could draw :(

Gui_PT

200GB is not a whole lot of audio when you consider they're prolly recording at something like 96kHz/24bit. That'll get downsampled to 48kHz/16bit at the very least in the final game.

Most media that gets recorded is never going to be used, unless you're doing an animated feature, in which case if you've got shots you aren't going to use you're failing at your job.

It was a joke =(

A bad one, but still a joke

What do you still want to know about Halo 4? We'll be talking with 343 Industries for an upcoming podcast, and we'll ask the developer your questions.

We've spent the month laying out all the details about Halo 4 that we gleaned from our visit to 343 Industries. But what features about the game are you still excited to learn more about?

Write your question into the Comments thread below, and we'll gather a random assortment of questions to ask 343.

For all our coverage of Halo 4, click on the banner below.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/25/calling-all-questions-halo-4.aspx

Could do with less terrible maps. No Sword Base, Reflection and none of the current community Forge maps.

I miss Squad Slayer.
Yeah, but I sure don't miss people jetpacking to ring 2 on Asylum, and camo snipers, or having to group vote so we don't get stuck with Pistol/AR starts. Plus not being able to see the other team in the pre-game lobby really helps against quitting. Too many times the opposing team would see they're facing a full party and immediately quit. Not being able to see other votes also helps deter "strategic" voting and encourages you to just vote for what you or your team wants to play.

Homeboyd

Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Hi mom! Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Help. Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Please. Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator? Is Forge a map editor or creator?

Waste of a question

Ugh i hate these public QandA type things, the uninformed masses ask already answered questions and those questions get picked via the sorting team and answered.

A dream question list would be

Is The Grenade Launcher Returning?

Does Forge have terrain altering properties?

Is the game built with Customization DLC as an option from day 1?

What maps are returning?

Is spartan ops limited to only S IV away missions or could the delivery method also give the user short stories ala playable "another day at the beach".

ect

:(

Happy Birthday Therms!

Seattle, Washington. $65 for the 3-day pass.

Oh Shit!

I thought it was way more expensive than that. I think I'll be punching a ticket to PAX this year in that case.

Also, tried Trials Evolution, bought the full game 5 seconds later. This is awesome!

Top Bottom