• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kisame was one of my favorites since he first showed up. Kinda sad. Paper Flower Girl is cool too, but Madara is going to wax that ass I'm assuming. Hope she gets away with her life...that's all I ask :^(

Also, I was thinking that little kid Kisame was speaking to was Zabuza at first...

Combine

Banned
Also, I was thinking that little kid Kisame was speaking to was Zabuza at first...
While not confirmed, it is likely that little kid was the Mizukage that Zabuza tried to kill (since he, or rather, Tobi, were the ones responsible for the "Bloody Mist" village rep before the current lady Mizukage took over). Funny how in that regard, Zabuza turned out to be a good guy through and through.

While not confirmed, it is likely that little kid was the Mizukage that Zabuza tried to kill (since he, or rather, Tobi, were the ones responsible for the "Bloody Mist" village rep before the current lady Mizukage took over). Funny how in that regard, Zabuza turned out to be a good guy through and through.
I really enjoy how the stories tie together as a whole in here. So many deaths have happened to good characters, and I'm starting to realize there are probably more to come. The tension is building...

Shouts out to Zabuza. The Mist folks really do go out like straight soldiers...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Desmond

I'm not sure what this is, so I'm not watching it yet. Is it a scene from the manga fleshed out with filler into a full fight? Is it a straight manga adaptation? Either way, is it from content the anime hasn't covered yet? I'm anime-only, so I don't want to spoil anything.
It's filler.

Remember when Tobi was explaining the Senju/Uchiha clans to Sasuke?

^ to the madara/senju fight

Damn thats crazy... really puts shit in perspective on how strong the 1st hokage really was. Madara controlling space and time jutsu was cool too.

_Isaac

I have to say this past episode was disappointing. The flashbacks were underwhelming. We didn't learn much of anything about Kisame. Just that one mission that wasn't all that important and that little conversation when Madara recruits him. I kinda wanted to know WHY HE LOOKS LIKE A SHARK? I was also hoping it would go into his time in that one sword club. I also have to say the way he went out was really lame. All the other Akatsuki members went out in much better fashion.

I have to say this past episode was disappointing. The flashbacks were underwhelming. We didn't learn much of anything about Kisame. Just that one mission that wasn't all that important and that little conversation when Madara recruits him. I kinda wanted to know WHY HE LOOKS LIKE A SHARK? I was also hoping it would go into his time in that one sword club. I also have to say the way he went out was really lame. All the other Akatsuki members went out in much better fashion.

I agree, I was thinking in the same lines that they would describe his origins or childhood at least. It was just boring to look at his mission where he does some lazy swipes. Quite an anti-climatic way of ending Kisame who I found more interesting as a villain than the rest of Akatsuki..

Tritroid

Ok, this last episode with Konan had some seriously awesome animation. Here's hoping they keep up the pace for part 2.

Desmond

Flashbacks everywhere, though the filler parts of them were great.

That Rock Lee omake was great. Getting ready for Springtime of Youth

vrOrb.gif

bAkkJ.gif

Pein

Banned
The parts that weren't flashbacks were just gorgeous, rain village is such a great setting I hate that we won't be seeing more of it. I hope the animation is just as great as this episode was.

Combine

Banned
While there wasn't much action. The character animation and setting of Amegakure was top-notch as expected of Hiroyuki Yamashita (he actually might have animated most of the episode himself).

OMVjH.gif

IR2WZ.gif

Special props to Yamashita for doing an amazing job animating Konan's paper effects:

h33QO.gif

9Tz05.gif

AJZrh.gif

Oh, and creepy Kabuto being creepy:

Xdb7I.gif

Maffis

so, basically, 30% of the whole episode of was neither intro, outro, preview and flashbacks... Pretty disappointing episode, though the animation was great.

Yea the new bits had me excited, but they felt really thin and choppy while she had to explain everything we'd already seen to him, I was just like coooome onnn wanting it back to the excitement lol..... but then dat ending, Madara taking her lightly and getting pwned, now shes like papering the whole ocean or something!

I think once we've seen next weeks too we'll appreciate the bits of this one too as a whole thing combined.

Naruto is gonna be the only long time Anime I've been watching since day 1 left without Bleach soon, I shall miss it. :(

Combine

Banned
Yea the new bits had me excited, but they felt really thin and choppy while she had to explain everything we'd already seen to him, I was just like coooome onnn wanting it back to the excitement lol..... but then dat ending, Madara taking her lightly and getting pwned, now shes like papering the whole ocean or something!

I think once we've seen next weeks too we'll appreciate the bits of this one too as a whole thing combined.
Tobi has a knack for underestimating his opponents and getting owned it seems (ala Minato), though it's easy to underestimate Konan since she was always in Pain's shadow (and seemed easily immobilized by Jiraiya), despite being one of the Akatsuki Founders.

I do agree that this episode combined with next episode together will make the whole segment much more appreciated. Next episode shouldn't need great animation (except at the beginning), but good art and more importantly good direction/pacing (and music too).

Supposedly we are getting a 4 week filler (recap?), to celebrate the Anime's 10th anniversary in April.

Damn!

It's been 10 years??

I've been watching this since I was 13???!?!?!

Haha this is the only anime that I havent out grown/gotten tired of for some reason, maybe just force of habit. Other than Gundam.

Combine

Banned
I actually thought that this episode was much better than the previous one, even though that had the better animators (now I wish they had switched and Hiroyuki Yamashita had done this episode instead), because in retrospect nothing really happened in the last episode. Worst part was the frog dress-up flashback, which was bad in the manga too, really odd place to try and inject humor at the moment of Konan's death.

Tobi's new mask and outfit are awesome though.

But the beginning was just pure epic with the new music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oa31PHc7xk

Desmond

I actually thought that this episode was much better than the previous one, even though that had the better animators (now I wish they had switched and Hiroyuki Yamashita had done this episode instead), because in retrospect nothing really happened in the last episode. Worst part was the frog dress-up flashback, which was bad in the manga too, really odd place to try and inject humor at the moment of Konan's death.

Tobi's new mask and outfit are awesome though.

But the beginning was just pure epic with the new music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oa31PHc7xk

Looked better in the manga

92404294.jpg

The eyeholes looked like painted on dots.

Combine

Banned
Meh, that's not really something I'd nitpick about. I actually found the smaller holes looked better. The larger holes looked off to me:
tobi1a.jpg

I guess they had to incorporate some filler plot to comprise our time on the island. Otherwise nice to see advancement on the Kabuto Tobi front. Great having
Deidara back, best antagonist akatsuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom