• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

"Final Fantasy X -Will-" is an audio drama included at the end of the FF X|X-2 HD Remaster.
"Final Fantasy X-2.5" is a novel sold separatedly.

Full audio drama here (with official English subtitles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJd3Tfu5ulY

tidusyunaxzcs7.png

Erigu said:

Update 2:

LOL.

This is a glorious trainwreck. I think I found some scans of the novel pages.
Tidus' uh...unfortunate fate 2 days after being revived by Yuna?

The reviewer's weren't kidding about the gore. Tidus sees a ball roughly the size of a blitz ball, and comes to the conclusion that that's what it exactly is. So he proceeds to run and kick it... explodes. It was a bomb. Yuna gets thrown back by the explosion.... along with Tidus' head which promptly lands by Yuna with his expression frozen with surprise. She promptly passes out.

Yuna resurrects him using pyreflies, however it seems that if Tidus realizes what he is, he'll disappear (whether that means off to the Farplane, or from existence I'm not sure). It seems overall this explaination wasn't explained too well so it could be off the mark. This could explain though why she's seeming cold towards him in the audio drama.

I kinda want X-3 now just to see how far Square will go in their insanity.

A lot of the Japanese readers seem more upset that it was such an opposite tone to what the perfect ending in X-2 was, and the aformentioned gore and sexuality present.

Here is what they wrote:

There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

Erigu said:
We don't know how much is playful since a lot of comments from readers seem to act like there's a lot of sexual content. I know he apparently checks out Yuna when she's in her swimsuit but wasn't a 100% sure if it was the same part.
There's another plotline going on throughout the book about some new characters, and that one goes straight into NTR territory, so I guess it all added up, for those readers.

TheTux

I don't know much about FFX-2 story.
Does this mean X-2 was just a bad dream? Tidus is alive? Can someone spoiler explain to me?

Also, I really hope they don't just start making FFX-3 :(

Hasney

Ahahaha Christ. I'm just going to learn to expect the worst whenever anything with the name Final Fantasy comes out now.

MormaPope

Banned
This is some FF XIII level shit. Wow. The fiction and world of FFX is going to be tainted so badly if FF X-3 goes in this direction.

grebby

I figured that Square-Enix wouldn't do what the fans might actually be into (FFX prequel with Braska, Auron and Jecht) but good lord... never change Square-Enix, I'm starting to enjoy the absurdity of Final Fantasy now.

Da fuq have you done Nojima? -__-

I guess that

Sin's return will be explained in FF X-3 and it is a lock at this point that we are going to get one =/

MormaPope

Banned
We really don't need this on-again off-again Tidus and Yuna relationship. Why not let those two be happy yo.

Or better yet, if FF X-3 has to be a sequel, why not have a time jump and have Tidus be a father to Yuna's child? Tidus' detested his own father, so seeing him at a older age trying to raise a kid would be neat and fit some of the themes from FFX.

addik

Uhh... we don't have to mark spoilers here right?

Fuck it if they are trying to say that FFX-2 was just a dream. Many FF fans might have hated it, but I liked how you got to see the world after you saved it, and what a world whose religion has been proven wrong would look like. It may not have been as epic as FFX, but damn it, I enjoyed that game and I enjoyed what they were trying to say.

At this point, that audio drama is just really sequel bait. Unless, of course, that planned novel release will actually resolve all the mess that they've made in the audio drama :-/

Jawmuncher

I'm done trying to figure out what that audio drama is about.
Sound so absurd. Doesn't help that they have to go off X-2 which made things even more confusing.

Pooya

Nojima wrote this right? ohboyffxv.gif

Does this mean we're actually getting a X-3?

whenever SE staff say they like to do sth in Ultimania interviews it means they ARE actually doing it right now, whether it's sees the light of day is another matter. I'm sure they're already planning more FFX right now, there is more than enough smoke.

---

Back in 2012, one year after FFXHD announcement, at FF 25th anniversary event, they showed artworks from some Asian looking settings to the attendants as a sample of their vision for future FFs they were working on at the time. That could be related.

Zafir

whenever SE staff say they like to do sth in Ultimania interviews it means they ARE actually doing it right now, whether it's sees the light of day it's another matter. I'm sure they're already planning more FFX right now, there is more than enough smoke.

---

Back in 2012, one year after FFXHD announcement, at FF 25th anniversary event, they showed artworks from some Asian looking settings to the attendantsm as a sample of their vision for future FFs they were working on at the time. That could be related.
:(

Square Enix really needs to learn when to just stop and leave something alone.

Just wait, even if FFXV is amazing, it's going to be dug into ground through silly sequels that aren't required.

MormaPope

Banned
At this point Square Enix just needs to make another Chrono game that takes place in 2005 New York or some shit and they will be done shitting on their own IP's.

TokiDoki

Nooo , please No !

I endured FFX-2 just to experience the good ending in the end , and that satisfied me from FFX ending . So it should just stop there please .

FFX had such a sad ending. The perfect ending in X-2 also felt somewhat sad: almost dream like. I've never felt satisfied with the ending for either game.

I for one look forward to X-3

Top Bottom