• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

fardeenah

Banned
i'm beginning to think that square bundled the X-2 in the collection on vita for the sole reason and only reason they did not allow to sell FFX separately is because FF X-3 is coming and we will have to endure all of FFX-2 crap story to go forward into X-3.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I've defended Square-Enix all this time, I even love XIII and XIII-2 and am excited for Lightning Returns, but this is where I draw the line. everything about X-3 sounds like a hot mess, it's just unreal. Just go remake VII already Square and stop it with sequels no one asked for!!!!!

Eusis

One reason I disliked Advent Children was that it character-assassinated Cloud...

After a full RPGs worth of character development, I want to slap the person who decided it would be an awesome idea to regress him into whatever the heck he was in AC.
He admittedly did have a terminal illness which is enough to bring many people down, but it's still frustrating how most depictions of Cloud as of late make him into the emo brat that most people accused him of but he wasn't really in FFVII outside of a few moments where he really was at his lowest.

huggles

Neo Member
LOL.

This is a glorious trainwreck. I think I found some scans of the novel pages. Tidus' uh...unfortunate fate 2 days after being revived by Yuna?

The reviewer's weren't kidding about the gore. Tidus sees a ball roughly the size of a blitz ball, and comes to the conclusion that that's what it exactly is. So he proceeds to run and kick it... explodes. It was a bomb. Yuna gets thrown back by the explosion.... along with Tidus' head which promptly lands by Yuna with his expression frozen with surprise. She promptly passes out.

Yuna resurrects him using pyreflies, however it seems that if Tidus realizes what he is, he'll disappear (whether that means off to the Farplane, or from existence I'm not sure). It seems overall this explaination wasn't explained too well so it could be off the mark. This could explain though why she's seeming cold towards him in the audio drama.

I kinda want X-3 now just to see how far Square will go in their insanity.

A lot of the Japanese readers seem more upset that it was such an opposite tone to what the perfect ending in X-2 was, and the aformentioned gore and sexuality present.

The reviewer's weren't kidding about the gore. Tidus sees a ball roughly the size of a blitz ball, and comes to the conclusion that that's what it exactly is. So he proceeds to run and kick it... explodes. It was a bomb. Yuna gets thrown back by the explosion.... along with Tidus' head which promptly lands by Yuna with his expression frozen with surprise. She promptly passes out.

y3eEkuw.gif

I'm going to love X-3.

So funny, but if Tidus "
kicked" the bomb, why does his head only get affected? and is it gory or was the explosion a splatter of phyerflies

Tookay

LOL.

This is a glorious trainwreck. I think I found some scans of the novel pages. Tidus' uh...unfortunate fate 2 days after being revived by Yuna?

Yuna resurrects him using pyreflies, however it seems that if Tidus realizes what he is, he'll disappear (whether that means off to the Farplane, or from existence I'm not sure). It seems overall this explaination wasn't explained too well so it could be off the mark. This could explain though why she's seeming cold towards him in the audio drama.

A lot of the Japanese readers seem more upset that it was such an opposite tone to what the perfect ending in X-2 was, and the aformentioned gore and sexuality present.

The hell.

Erigu

Oh, she's also rather disagreeable in the novel as well, even before the bomb (i.e. right after his return)...

But we find out how Fayths are made!
Sex. Of course.

But wait, does that mean...
Jecht: *raises hand excitedly* Fine, I'll do it! Someone's got to save the world. I'll have sex with the half-naked lady.
Yunalesca: Oh, you misunderstand...
Braska: *cough*
Jecht: Eh? (´・ω・`)

And boy, was that Bahamut Fayth precocious...

Dark_castle

Just got me wondering, is Square shifting back to the darker tone in X-3 a symptom that the company really tend to try hard in "correcting" their previous "mistakes"?

For instance, after we have gotten FFXII, it initially received a lot of mixed reactions (and even is by today) for being a offline MMO and straying away from the story-focused FFX.

As a result, Square proceeds to make FFXIII, another linear, story-driven title. It got a backlash for the linearity, then come FFXIII-2 which is more open-ended. LR comes along and it's suddenly an open world game.

If we don't consider the XIII's sequels, Versus XIII which then becomes XV is also a near opposite design of XIII as it focuses more on freedom and exploration.

And with X, it's a fairly dark game that maintains a serious tone throughout the pilgrimage. X-2 goes haywire and becomes a really lighthearted game. Then X-3 goes back to being dark, just like X, except probably even darker and shocking (plus upsetting).

Jennipeg

LOL.

Wow, this is amazing, first I was confused, then annoyed, and now i'm laughing. This novel sounds rediculous. I think exploring the effects of Tidus' resurrection (the 1st one) could make an interesting story. Since the fayth have dreamed Tidus back, when they shouldn't have. They seem to be going down this road, but it is looking at the consequences of Yuna resurrecting him a 2nd time, which I can also accept, but the circumstances of his 2nd 'death' are just too funny, I just can't take this seriously now.

Akainu

LOL.

So they just made Tidus retarded?

Dark_castle

Oh, she's also rather disagreeable in the novel as well, even before the bomb (i.e. right after his return)...

Sex. Of course.

Jecht: *raises hand excitedly* Fine, I'll do it! Someone's got to save the world. I'll have sex with the half-naked lady.

FOR SCIENCE.

huggles

Neo Member
So funny, but if Tidus "
kicked" the bomb, why does his head only get affected? and is it gory or was the explosion a splatter of phyerflies

It's written that way.
There were no mention of his head/body turning into pyreflies but if they want to keep that part of the continuity, I suspect he may have turned into it after Yuna lost consciousness. The narrative goes to another scene right after she faints and the rest of the text was cut off.

The way they set up that ball scene for that ONE PAGE is Yuna was getting irritated by Tidus' childishness. Tidus notices a slowly rolling ball, shouting "Blitz ball!" and starts towards it while wondering who it belongs to. Watching, Yuna suddenly bursts into tears, perhaps overwhelmed by all that's happened in X-2 and having Tidus back but it seems more sad then happy. Then as she realizes she's crying, there's a loud boom, she's knocked back, head flies in.

The scans weren't the clearest and some of the fuzziness made some of the kanji hard to decipher but that is the gist I got from it.

rataven

LOL.

Oh my god

This isn't fantasy, it's horror.

Dark_castle

It's written that way.
There were no mention of his head/body turning into pyreflies but if they want to keep that part of the continuity, I suspect he may have turned into it after Yuna lost consciousness. The narrative goes to another scene right after she faints and the rest of the text was cut off.

The way they set up that ball scene for that ONE PAGE is Yuna was getting irritated by Tidus' childishness. Tidus notices a slowly rolling ball, shouting "Blitz ball!" and starts towards it while wondering who it belongs to. Watching, Yuna suddenly bursts into tears, perhaps overwhelmed by all that's happened in X-2 and having Tidus back but it seems more sad then happy. Then as she realizes she's crying, there's a loud boom, she's knocked back, head flies in.

The scans weren't the clearest and some of the fuzziness made some of the kanji hard to decipher but that is the gist I got from it.

138246713338.jpg

I was planning to come here and say that whatever crummy fanfic-esque drivel Nojima came up with this time was par for the course, but... yikes. If true, this seems like on a whole other level. They are out to Third Birthday this, aren't they?

Esura

Banned
Sex. Of course.

Ok, this is pretty damn funny. Would've been funny with voices in a FFX Crisis Core prequel on Vita.

Erigu

Ok, this is pretty damn funny.
(just in case: the Jecht thing was from my dirty mind, not from the novel)
I'll probably find it more disturbing than funny when I go through the HD Remaster and reach the wall of Fayths... Ew.
Nojima, I get that you're trying to inject some MATURE STUFF! in your story, but, er...

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Tidus sees a ball roughly the size of a blitz ball, and comes to the conclusion that that's what it exactly is. So he proceeds to run and kick it... explodes. It was a bomb. Yuna gets thrown back by the explosion.... along with Tidus' head which promptly lands by Yuna with his expression frozen with surprise. She promptly passes out.
FUCKING LOL.

Esura

Banned
(just in case: the Jecht thing was from my dirty mind, not from the novel)
I'll probably find it more disturbing than funny when I go through the HD Remaster and reach the wall of Fayths... Ew.
Nojima, I get that you're trying to inject some MATURE STUFF! in your story, but, er...

What you wrote was more entertaining than Nojima's stuff.

Shahed

This sounds like it might be quite entertaining. Like a train wreck or disaster waiting to happen. My sister's will be devestated though. They got so excited when I told them there were good rumours thag FFX-3 was happening. I didn't give any details but unlike me they loved FFX-2's story since they were big on the whole Tidus/Yuna thing.

So when they find out what's happening here...

It's written that way.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

MormaPope

Banned
LOL.

"Yuna, I had a vision of my own death. I'm...... going to kick a blitzball, but it isn't actually a blitzball, it's a bomb. I'll be decapitated Yuna, and this vision really scares me, you know?"

"Are you fucking serious?"

"What?! No no no I'm messing with ya Yunie! you gotta lighten up, you can't beat Sin with a frown on your face!"

"Oh! Thank Yevon you were joking!"

tidus-and-yuna-laughing-o.gif

_Nemo

NicolasCageLaugh.gif

Jonnax

With all this talk about sexual stuff the only thing that seems to have been summarised is Tidus saying that he finds Tuna distracting. Is there anything else or is it just Otakus going 'omg they mentioned sex, mah pure yuna!!!!'?

Jisgsaw

With all this talk about sexual stuff the only thing that seems to have been summarised is Tidus saying that he finds Tuna distracting. Is there anything else or is it just Otakus going 'omg they mentioned sex, mah pure yuna!!!!'?

Wait, there are fish involved now?
Is Tidus turning to zoophilia or what.

Asd202

This just keeps on giving holy shit so bad.

Here is your answer :p
Sex. Of course.

I don't know about you lot, but I hated X's storyline, but love X-2's storyline. And reading this, this may be the best comedy Final Fantasy ever.

I love this direction. I hope they continue with this.

Narroo

"Blitzball?" Really, he sees a ball and shouts "Blitzball!" runs up, and hits the thing, like a little kid? I can't even imagine FFX doing that, and he was in love with Blitzballs back then.

Other M had "THE BABY."

(I hope to god it's the) Final Fantasy X-3 will have "Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball!"

No wonder Yuna was crying, the Fayth revived Tidus as a six year old kid.

Here is what they wrote:

There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

index.php

Top Bottom