• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Really dig the designs. I'm not sure if those claiming they look like the Covenant remember what the Covenant look like.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Just a reminder, this pic was discovered yesterday:

breach.jpg
I hope you play as the four armed thing. Anyone else tired of playing as humans?
Quad wielding. Kinect/PSEye will track your feet as extra melee attack appendages. You sit and play it with your legs in the air like an overturned crab.

Blueblur1

So they broke free of MS's tyrannical regime to keep doing the same thing? Maybe this has some twist to it that MS didn't want to do to Halo.
Sort of. We had all come to that conclusion back when the split happened. At least they get more freedom this time (even though they're tied to another sci-fi series for 10 years again).

Of course the leak covers half of the bullet points on the poster with the pre-order card.

I did see key words/phases "earn", "competitive multiplayer modes", "legend by defeating powerful foes", and "breaks traditional."

It could be a pseudo ever ranking online pvp/co-op game. Maybe even competitive co-op? (like who does an event the best).

FourMyle

oh wow, looks like activision just wanted them to make another halo. Oh well, while I hope they won't go for lowest common denominator gameplay I think I know better by now. Ideally I'll be proven wrong.

Yeah man, playing Animal Crossing and Mario games definitely make you into a gaming connoisseur.

lefantome

next gen preorders are beginning, does this mean that the durango reveal is near too?

a Durango reveal the 19th of december on mtv would be funny

Beckx

that is awesome...is that a part of destiny?

Well, that's a display case of bungie related stuff, and it's not related to any bungie stuff we've ever seen before, so the choices are (1) it's the one non-bungie item in the case, (2) it's another unannounced bungie project, and (3) it's Destiny.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is it not a sci-fi FPS set hundreds of years into Earth's future?

Theyre orbs now, son. Not rings, not discs. Orbs. Spheres. Its like going 3d with the concept for the first time.

oh wow, looks like activision just wanted them to make another halo. Oh well, while I hope they won't go for lowest common denominator gameplay I think I know better by now. Ideally I'll be proven wrong.

You do realize that Bungie PITCHED the idea to activision right? Not the other way around...

hate activision much?

sixghost

Given the whole apocalyptic Earth scenario and planet travelling I'd wager loot and item management would play into the game, although that's pure conjecture. Remember Bungie's overt fondness for Dark Souls.

Dark Souls isn't a loot game. There are no variations in stats and weapons can be found in the same exact spot every single playthrough. It's a dungeon crawler and RPG.

When I think of loot games I think more of Torchlight, Borderlands, Diablo.

Beckx

So I wonder what "modes" will turn out to mean. Separate menu items or things integrated into the game?

I am hoping for the latter.

A lot of people seem to be thinking of "Borderlands meets Halo" as the conceptual model for this game but I have a hunch that it's going to be more along the lines of "Dark Souls meets Halo."

The very thought of which makes me go SPLOOOOOOOOOSH

Could also have been non-final materials given to the press during the visit the past couple days. More promo materials for them than aimed at retail.

I assumed it was some kind of retail, since the background of the shot is a dude standing in front of a cage full of games.

Squire

Banned
A lot of people seem to be thinking of "Borderlands meets Halo" as the conceptual model for this game but I have a hunch that it's going to be more along the lines of "Dark Souls meets Halo."

The very thought of which makes me go SPLOOOOOOOOOSH

Activision wouldn't touch something even remotely similar with a ten-foot pole. Lets not kid ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom