• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Update Ver. 4.0.0 Live! Some video capture, transfer profiles/saves

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
T-REX MARIO IS AN ICON, BEST UPDATE CONFIRMED

Top row of icons & bottom row are the new ones.

DMdfodaVQAAubuF.jpg:large

Mr-Joker

Banned
Save transferring is nice, but how does it work? If it just means a 3DS-style system transfer, that's not really solving the problem of being unable to back up your saves.

Yeah that's what I am wondering myself as Nintendo did that with the Wii U. Really hoping that we can transfer select things as my Little brother wants his own Switch but he has his profile and save data on the Switch.

Though he would have to buy Sonic Mania in order to play it as that would remain on my system.

No save copying to SD cards?

Probably won't get them till Nintendo finds a way to prevent them to opening the backdoor to piracy as that was how the Wii and 3DS got hacked.

DMdfodaVQAAubuF.jpg:large

The Mario ones look cool, though I will pass on the new Zelda one and stick to my Twilight Princess one.

Wait....I can transfer my saves to a new system now?

I have a protection plan and my right joycon slot became loose about a month in causing that side to lose connection in handheld mode way to often to use handheld mode comfortably. I haven't been able to swap it out since I can't transfer saves.

Out of nowhere.

Love the new avatars. Trying to decide if I want to use Mario/Cappy, Dinosaur Mario, or Gooba Mario. (using Goomba for now)

Also, it's pretty sweet that we are able to record the last 30 seconds now. This would have been a nice feature to have back when I was super deep into MK, but at least I can share some of my saved MKTV videos now! Really solid udpate overall.

PikkonX

Awesome!! I swore I was the only person that seemed to remember the video capture promise. Glad to see it's finally arrived, although limited.

febLey

Man and we still can't choose the screenshot format, I want my uncompressed PNGs or JPG with 100% quality.

No Frog Mario, f*** this!

czk51

Can anyone confirm how to activate the recording? Is it a simple hold for a second to start and again to stop recording? edit: nvm, it's covered in the nintendo video on it.

Cerium

Only 30 seconds can be captured? My PS4 Pro lets me capture and edit the last 15 minutes, and even that isn't enough some time. :-\

The video capture is a function of the Tegra card, which is why the feature doesn't interfere with system resources. My understanding is that it's hardware limited to 30 seconds.

Titania

Impressive update! Sucks a little that video capture is so limited as of right now, but it might be because of testing, since it's only available on first party games.

The video capture is a function of the Tegra card, which is why the feature doesn't interfere with system resources. My understanding is that it's hardware limited to 30 seconds.

So it's the Tegra chip that's only capable of 30 second clips? It's not something Nintendo did on purpose?

By the by, looks like you can save vids on the SD Card. Wonder how the quality and resolution is. Anyone want to upload tests?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0L3RWQNjw

Top Bottom