• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
'Trust is everything' is kinda a weird thing

Ik basically everyone who can 2v1 champs/scs in offense says it, myself included, buuut

I'm curious what it's like when you aren't faster. Ik I always trusted, but I'm curious how much of a deficit you throw away just by trusting. Interesting to think about, cause I've had matches that are 5-6, me winning...but...where I could have saved 3 goals but was 2x as far as my teammate and assumed he'd go for it and didn't realize he didn't in time.

Late night thoughts lol. I'm trying to figure out why the majority of the playerbase actively prefers throwing away the ball on a shit touch instead of trusting their teammate to do extremely basic clears even.

I think I'm moreso noting that if the entire playerbase collectively agreed to trust and it became common sense to not hesitate as long (as in, as if basic gamesense for midranks became known because it's essential) the quality of matches would be much much higher.
I'm noting this because I play melee @ low level and at that we all have the gamesense of high level, it's just different amounts of being able to apply it and therefore being at severe disadvantages. Meanwhile, RL just has....a really low skill level compared to the community size? Not talking techskill or high level reads, moreso just mean basic A to B logic, such as not going on a pass that your opponents are already clearing because "oh they might miss the clear".

Grassy

How the fuck can you get demoted for winning a game? We scored 6 goals in 50 seconds, the other team all quit and I got demoted...savage!

Are there any good sites where you can keep track of your RL inventory? I used to use GreatPass, but it looks like they've gone offline

What do you guys reckon is a good ball park to aim for on White Kalos? I'm seeing them sit around 40-45 keys but often with no interest or takers. I'm trying to low ball my way to some with an offer of around 35 keys since they don't seem to have many people seeking them right now. Too low?

What do you guys reckon is a good ball park to aim for on White Kalos? I'm seeing them sit around 40-45 keys but often with no interest or takers. I'm trying to low ball my way to some with an offer of around 35 keys since they don't seem to have many people seeking them right now. Too low?

never too low for a lowball. You can try. Problem is people treat those price sheets as a damn bible and refuse to drop prices at all. It says 42-58. You can always try for 35.

never too low for a lowball. You can try. Problem is people treat those price sheets as a damn bible and refuse to drop prices at all. It says 42-58. You can always try for 35.

Yeah that's a real major issue I've started to notice. I use them as a guide, but from there I try to see what is or isn't selling around those values and push them lower if they're not moving hands very fast. However there's so many sellers who post the same thing at the same price days and days on end all the while declining every offer under the premise of them selling at X value that the sheet says despite no takers showing up.

Of course they're not obligated to accept an offer, but half the reason the prices end up so high is because they use the first few takers as a metric of the average value and then take forever to actually fall off due to people being so adamant to stick to the price list. I'm actually amazed the Endo is still costing so much, but in that case people are actually snapping them up still.

Yeah that's a real major issue I've started to notice. I use them as a guide, but from there I try to see what is or isn't selling around those values and push them lower if they're not moving hands very fast. However there's so many sellers who post the same thing at the same price days and days on end all the while declining every offer under the premise of them selling at X value that the sheet says despite no takers showing up.

Of course they're not obligated to accept an offer, but half the reason the prices end up so high is because they use the first few takers as a metric of the average value and then take forever to actually fall off due to people being so adamant to stick to the price list. I'm actually amazed the Endo is still costing so much, but in that case people are actually snapping them up still.

Yep it is an issue. Low level trading is much more tolerable.When I tried to buy my zombas I got so much shit thrown my way by people for going a few keys under the price sheet. People who like you said were trying to sell them for days on discord with no success.

MaximusCrime

Neo Member
I knew getting getting a good placement was going to be something but really didn't expect this... Playing 3v3 standard and solo by each other and playing roughly the same, lost a game or two more on standard and ended up in gold I, a little dissapointing coming from rising star but eh no problem. Had two matches left on solo and suprisingly ended up in Diamond I (coming from rising star), definitely didn't expect that! Won the last game against two GC's, exhilarating as hell but now I'm kinda afraid to keep playing solo haha. Guess I'm gonna try rising in 3v3 standard first

Soulflarz

Banned
Uh well it did.

Unless you were like...low plat and played 4 champs, then lost to a bronze team.

The point gain from even a whole 2 promotions of difference is enough to div up from less wins than that, let alone to offset one loss.

Maybe delayed rank update from a diff thing? Hm

Unless you were like...low plat and played 4 champs, then lost to a bronze team.

The point gain from even a whole 2 promotions of difference is enough to div up from less wins than that, let alone to offset one loss.

Maybe delayed rank update from a diff thing? Hm
Could be. Just gets frustrating.

Soulflarz

Banned
What do you believe is the best playlist to play with playing solo? Outside of 1s

1s is useful because at mid-high level theres a ridiculous amount of use for flicks and overall powershots if anyone gives you room. 2s is useful too, but the rotation is extremely easy to learn so I'm still unsure how effective it is at teaching people how to truly play the game. 3s is...useful but unless you're a hyper carry you're kinda unable to force wins even when the best in lobby.

Ask pep he'd know better than me lmao. Everyone has different opinions on this topic.

1s is useful because at mid-high level theres a ridiculous amount of use for flicks and overall powershots if anyone gives you room. 2s is useful too, but the rotation is extremely easy to learn so I'm still unsure how effective it is at teaching people how to truly play the game. 3s is...useful but unless you're a hyper carry you're kinda unable to force wins even when the best in lobby.

Ask pep he'd know better than me lmao. Everyone has different opinions on this topic.
I mean I have 300 hours in this game, but when I'm alone I'm usually playing solo standard. Which I hear is just terrible.

Soulflarz

Banned
I mean I have 300 hours in this game, but when I'm alone I'm usually playing solo standard. Which I hear is just terrible.

This mode is errmm
Well, some love it and swear you can carry it
Some are top 100 and swear it's uncarryable and they had to grind over 100hr until they won off the statistical average that they were slightly better than their opponents team overall.
Then ik a guy with an esl elite tag who says it's 100% worthless and you'll never learn off of it

Pepiope

What do you believe is the best playlist to play with playing solo? Outside of 1s
2s. Once you're good enough individually, it's easier to carry a teammate, but you still have a teammate to help you out when you make a mistake. Great for helping you learn mechanics and dribbling/flicks as you generally have more space and you'll definitely get more touches than 3s while still learning the basics of rotating and not tilting from 1s.

2s. Once you're good enough individually, it's easier to carry a teammate, but you still have a teammate to help you out when you make a mistake. Great for helping you learn mechanics and dribbling/flicks as you generally have more space and you'll definitely get more touches than 3s while still learning the basics of rotating and not tilting from 1s.

This mode is errmm
Well, some love it and swear you can carry it
Some are top 100 and swear it's uncarryable and they had to grind over 100hr until they won off the statistical average that they were slightly better than their opponents team overall.
Then ik a guy with an esl elite tag who says it's 100% worthless and you'll never learn off of it
Thanks alot fellas. Btw pepiope you still owe me that 1v1 ;)

Soulflarz

Banned

Or just be me and have forgotten how to play 1s over the past month or two and now I'm bad at rl again :3

Soulflarz

Banned
god SoaR sucks

I have yet to lose against them in 2s lmao, 3 of them down so far. I was on ps4 for one even, smh.

Then again since placements only loss I had was with a meh teammate against air rejectz so rip me, team eggplant too strong.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Is there something like ORSA, but for Europe? (ORSA is full of NA teams)

Edit: Lag all over the place. I can not play with it. Holy moly.

Well I don't know how to feel. I got ranked for my first time in Duel and just barely made it to gold. I managed to throw more of those games than I needed to a few days ago so not surprised to be ranked so low. I feel like I probably should be able to do better than just gold and hopefully I will, but at the same time I'm kind of not that disappointed since I've literally hardly touched the mode.

I could probably have gotten a much higher starting rank though if I could flick with some level of reliability. I swear I conceded so many goals during placement, particularly when I got matched with Diamonds, all basically my own fault for trying to get the flick and watching it fall lazily off the side of my car or fail to scoop it on the roof to begin with.

Top Bottom