• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Five Guys is straight shit but as mentioned a few times, I don't even consider them and Shake Shack competition in this category. The price and quality of In-N-Out are the major appeal. I'd sooner make my own damn burger than pay Five Guys/Shake Shack prices.

Volimar

Someone mail me some In n Out. I'll decide for everyone. Plain cheeseburger, large fries, chocolate shake.

Damn, I would murder a chocolate shake right now. Been ages since I've had one.

5 Guys and In-N-Out aren't really direct competitors given the difference in price. In-N-Out competes against the low bar $5-$8 avg meal QSR's like McDonalds, BK, Wendys etc. while Five Guys competes against the higher priced $9-$12 avg meal QSR's like Smash Burger, Shake Shack, and Habit

Lol I love how people can claim some places are complete shit only fit for dogs then hail a place serving very comparable food as the next coming of jesus

Chris R

5 Guys and In-N-Out aren't really direct competitors given the difference in price. In-N-Out competes against the low bar QSR's like McDonalds, BK, Wendys etc. while Five Guys competes against the higher priced QSR's like Smash Burger, Shake Shack, and Habit

And Whataburger is a perfect medium, slightly higher price, slightly longer wait, but it's worth it.

kingsamj

The thread re-name would be better if we didn't already have Five Guys throughout In-N-Out's existing markets. We have Shake Shack in SoCal too...

Yeah.. In Westwood by UCLA there used to be an In-N-Out and a Five Guys just a few blocks from each other. Guess which one is still open? (Hint: it's In-N-Out).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Five Guys sucks bad. They are most definitely not afraid of entering their turf. In N' Out doesn't even think about Five Guys.
I like both of them but in fairness I like almost all food in general.

I don't know what the term for that is but I can guarantee you I would like a burger from pretty much anywhere so long as it wasn't cooked wrong.

I have never actually been to shake shack but I would be highly surprised if I didn't like it. I like Five Guys a lot, but they aren't the same thing or even going for the same market.

In n out is the shit. Simple tasty burger made with fresh ingredients and it's priced decently.

It's not the best burger ever, but it's pretty damn good.

Five guys is ok but way over priced and i swear to God, ive never had a five guys burger where the damn buns stays in tact. It's always saugy and falling apart. Wtf.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
$15 for a burger and fries (not even counting the drink) at a fast food joint is expensive, fuck that noise.
10 dollars for a burger is excessive. Five Guys is good but I do not consider it even sort of reasonably priced.

Not

Banned
Worst Coast sounds like struggle nation with all these people whining about cost.

Wait, food costs money? Lol, so that's where that little decimal point is going all the time! Guess I don't have to fire my second personal accountant.

Lets have a real conversation here. When it comes to burger chains that have all of their franchises on ONE side of the Mississippi river, which one is the best? In-N-Out is probably hands down the west coast representative since Whataburger is on both sides of the Mississippi. Which chain would rep the East though? Cookout?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This thread has made me want a Five Guys badly.

We don't have In-N-Out in the UK, but FG is incredible.

Japan has no FG but has like 3 Shake Shack locations now.

Don't care about brands but it's harder than not to find "smashed" style burgers here, especially for cheap(ish).

Someone mail me some In n Out. I'll decide for everyone. Plain cheeseburger, large fries, chocolate shake.

Damn, I would murder a chocolate shake right now. Been ages since I've had one.
Getting a plain cheeseburger at In N Out is literally doing it wrong. Double Double Animal Style is the correct choice.

LaNaranja

It is ok to believe that In-N-Out is not the best burger of all time. But to claim it is terrible and "I didn't want it anyway"?

aae46af1e378dde8d26bfee6a1080fd5--sophia-golden-girls-golden-girls-funny.jpg

theWB27

Has in and out corporate ever been asked why you have to eat their fries directly from the grease if you want them not cold?

Top Bottom