• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is already the best selling game of 2017 on Amazon

He will always be Captain Todd to me.

It was Capitan Todd.

O7xgg7s.jpg

PMS341

Direct quote from my Amazon rep just now:

Shubham said:
I am sorry to hear that the order is delayed.
I would like to inform you that the orders were received in excess to the stock.

Thanks bud.

EDIT: More:

Shubham: Please consider this as an isolated incident and I hope you give us another chance to serve you better.
Until last 3 daqys it was all good but in last 3 days there was tremendous increase in the orders for the game. That is why this happpened.
Me: I see.
So the last three days affected my order from over a week ago?
Shubham: It affected all the orders even a month before.

Crayolan

People always forget how big Mario Kart is.

30m+ on Wii
Biggest non-pokemon game on 3DS
8m+ on a console with only ~13m users

It'll probably outdo Zelda.

Fisty

Probably would have been the same scenario in 2014 if the WiiU hadn't bombed. Mario Kart always does big numbers

Thanks bud.

Yeah, it hasn't only been games, but after my latest Amazon fiasco with the Zelda special editions, I don't trust in their ability to deliver the shit on time when it comes to preorders. I'll stick with Best Buy ship-to-store for anything of that nature.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
People always forget how big Mario Kart is.

30m+ on Wii
Biggest non-pokemon game on 3DS
8m+ on a console with only ~13m users

It'll probably outdo Zelda.

Take the "probably" out and I agree with you.

It WILL outdo Zelda, it will get more sales and it will have very long legs, until Nintendo wants to make Mario Kart 9 on the Switch from the ground up.

Everyone is missing the most obvious answer: no one wants to give Sony their fucking credit card information to watch it get stolen.

Yep, I am totally uncomfortable putting my CC on PSN. I would gladly pour money into a a prepaid PSN card.

Cuburt

Thanks bud.

EDIT: More:
Amazon needs to find a way to prioritize orders based on when you place your order.

The fact that orders get cancelled regardless of when you place the order makes me never want to preorder from them.

More than zelda this is gonna be the game everyone buys with their switch, life time this is going to do bonkers numbers, like wii did before it

Hcoregamer00

Holy cow. Already? Man, if Smash 4 does come to the Switch too, I don't think anyone will be finding a Switch anytime soon.

I said it multiple times, if you don't get the console between now and splatoon, you aren't getting it without hard work into 2018

Rodin

Aren't those PSN cards likely to have been used on Horizon: Zero Dawn though?
dae.jpg

Tretton would be so proud.

Nintendo, bring on ALL the Wii U ports. WW, TP, Captain Todd, Bayonetta, W101, TMS#FE. There is a market and this proves it.
I'd double dip on TMS instantly. Not having to use the gamepad to read the text messages would automatically make the game better for me, can't really stand the <2 hours battery life and fucked up left analog anymore.

It was Capitan Todd.

O7xgg7s.jpg

Still love how nobody got that "Capitan Todd" is italian and not spanish

PMS341

Oh my god :(

Me:
I suppose you are all dealing with a lot of stress with this too.
Thank you for everything.
Shubham: Yes
this Mario game has caused a lot of head ache today.
I loved this game but from today I have started hating this.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
More than zelda this is gonna be the game everyone buys with their switch, life time this is going to do bonkers numbers, like wii did before it
And like a messaging app, the more people have it, the better the game gets. Moreso than other online games. Because LAN Mario Kart is the ultimate multiplayer experience, and Switch makes the best Mario Kart playable at 8 friends with only 4 Switchs.

Nintendo, bring on ALL the Wii U ports. WW, TP, Captain Todd, Bayonetta, W101, TMS#FE. There is a market and this proves it.

I'll take a Tropical Freeze and Smash 4 port easily. I'd say Pikmin 3 as well, but with Pikmin 4 around the corner I think that will suffice.

Hcoregamer00

And like a messaging app, the more people have it, the better the game gets. Moreso than other online games. Because LAN Mario Kart is the ultimate multiplayer experience, and Switch makes the best Mario Kart playable at 8 friends with only 4 Switchs.

Holy crap, the next Anime Expo is going to be insane. So much switch local co-op

@_____@

Tagyhag

Holy crap, I knew Mario Kart was HUGE but I didn't think an updated version would outsell Zelda that fast.

I really hope the Switch continues to sell in both hardware and software. This could be their best system library since the SNES.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Übermatik;235070038 said:
No shit? I had no idea it was this popular.
Mario Kart Wii sold 35-36 million. It was the highest selling game on the wii next to Wii sports.

Double Dash was the second highest selling game on the GC, second to Melee.

Super Circuit was only beaten by Pokemon ans Mario Advance on the GBA.

On the DS, MK was only outsold by Nintendogs and New Super Mario Bros. Yes, it beat Pokemon.

On the 3DS, MK7 was only outsold by pokemon X and Y. I think Sun/Moon might overtake both, but MK7 outsold ORAS and everything else.

And I'm pretty sure MK8 is the best selling Wii U title.

Mario Kart is massive

Hcoregamer00

I really hope the Switch continues to sell in both hardware and software. This could be their best system library since the SNES.

If you like Japanese games, yeah, I agree.

The switch is going to be amazing.

Mario Kart Wii sold 35-36 million. It was the highest selling game on the wii next to Wii sports.

Double Dash was the second highest selling game on the GC, second to Melee.

Super Circuit was only beaten by Pokemon ans Mario Advance on the GBA.

On the DS, MK was only outsold by Nintendogs and New Super Mario Bros. Yes, it beat Pokemon.

On the 3DS, MK7 was only outsold by pokemon X and Y. I think Sun/Moon might overtake both, but MK7 outsold ORAS and everything else.

And I'm pretty sure MK8 is the best selling Wii U title.

Mario Kart is massive

Putting Mario Kart so close to launch is PURE GENIUS.

Whoever thought that should be promoted, and given a huge pay raise in Nintendo.

Servbot24

Banned
How is this possible? Zelda has sold more copies than Switch itself last I heard. And Mario Kart sold even more than that??

Putting Mario Kart so close to launch is PURE GENIUS.

Whoever thought that should be promoted, and given a huge pay raise in Nintendo.

They should be given normal pay because this is what literally anyone would think of to do. The developers who managed to get it done in time deserve the raises.

Come one guys, 3 pages and not a single Polygon chart

mario_kart_pie_chart.jpg

To go on topic, it's really interesting and not that surprising at the same time that this game is selling like hot cakes. On one hand, it's an enhanced port of a Wiiu game. But on the other hand, it's on a console that already is shaping up to be a successful. This just cements the idea of Nintendo having more enhanced ports and I'm ok with that.

Going to pick it up tomorrow for my brother and I'm excited to play battle mode.

oSoLucky

Smash, Mario and Pokémon are gonna EAT on Switch too. I wonder how the attach rate will be for the big hitters once we're out of launch window(ie more games to choose from).

Top Bottom