• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Close Enough SDCC Sneak Peek (new show from Regular Show creator)

ezekial45

Banned
This looks like it fits right in to the events of Regular Show. Like this is taking place on the other side of town or something.

I dig it.

I haven't finished Regular Show (Currently at the end of the 4th season, I think), but it's weird seeing an "adult show" with the exact same artsyle (and voices too!) as a kids show.

Still, will watch.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Looks good. Regular show kind of has more charm in its art style though since they aren't generic humans

This looks like it fits right in to the events of Regular Show. Like this is taking place on the other side of town or something.

I dig it.
I see that, but from the look of the mugshot scene, looks like it is set in Los Angeles.

Still, humor is spot on Regular Show, just less anthropomorphic things and more raunchiness. Looks awesome!

This looks great glad they stuck with the Regular Show style. Hopefully the homages to 70's/80's music are in this series also.

vypek

This looks great. Can't wait

I haven't finished Regular Show (Currently at the end of the 4th season, I think), but it's weird seeing an "adult show" with the exact same artsyle (and voices too!) as a kids show.

Still, will watch.

Yep it can feel pretty weird. I think it was a short student project called 2AM in the PM or something like that from the creator that I watched where it was way more adult than regular show with some same voices (Mordecai and Benson). Weird but cool

Seesaw15

I will say that some of the charm of regular show was that they had to use metaphor and innuendo to make most of their adult jokes. I loved regular show but I don't know if I want another adult animated family sitcom.

Main characters are married with a kid, so no relationship BS. That's already a huge plus.
That's honestly what I'm most excited for. For some reason, there always felt like there was a lack of animated shows focusing on young parents in their late 20s/early 30s. Adults don't suddenly stop being fun, weird, and crazy once they have kids. Every other "mature" cartoon feels like it focuses on either young single 20-somethings or middle-aged families with lots of kids. And if there are young parents, the protagonist is the kid or just one of the parents. Here, the couple feel like they're co-protagonists and that the show isn't just about family life. They still hang out and get into shenanigans with friends. It's weird, but this finally seems like a cartoon with characters who are similar to me, my siblings, and my circle of friends.

Looks fun, as long as it just tries to be funny instead of raunchy for the sake of it I'll be happy.

Where the last couple of seasons of regular show good? I stopped watching a little while after they added the goat dude, mostly just because of my schedule.

HotHamBoy

Is that Jason Mantzoukas as the friend?

It is and apparently he is just playing himself.

1498822512748.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That alone has me interested.

Top Bottom