• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm sorry, but none of these arguments, however valid and well constructed are not going to make her any less of a boring, disappointing inclusion in my eyes, and probably many other peoples'.

It just feels like they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel by choosing a character that is so incredibly dull and lifeless.

No R.O.B and Game and Watch are not technically characters and I found them pretty boring inclusions also.

Why do you think people are so excited that Mega Man is included? It's not because 'oh that's interesting' or 'who would have thought he would be in the next one!?' it's because people want to see that character, they want to play that character and they consider him to be noteworthy in video game culture. These are the characters they should be adding.

Admittedly, this argument has a lot of holes, given that I enjoyed playing Lucario and he was fairly unexceptional, but overall I think the point stands as valid.

-Also I'd like to state for the record that I never said I was the only one with an opinion; I didn't realise me having one automatically meant I was declaring everyone else's obsolete, I'm merely putting the argument forward.

You imply that people only have one trail of thought with regards to character reactions. There are people who get excited to a character because he or she is familiar. There are people who get excited to a character because he or she was presented so amazingly.

How do people feel about Nintendo using the Chibi NES Megaman instead of the slightly taller and skinnier Megaman from Marvel Vs. Capcom and PS1/Sega Saturn era?

My opinion? It's an awesome choice.
Love how it mimics the original sprite "sheet", from getting damaged to looking "idle".

illadelph

from what we've seen so far, I don't think they could have done a better job with Mega Man. Hats off to everyone involved for having great taste

Macka

I'm not excited about Wii Fit Trainer being in the game either. I made the mistake of mentioning that on Reddit and got absolutely blasted. She already has a loyal following, it seems.

Boss Doggie

I'm not excited about Wii Fit Trainer being in the game either. I made the mistake of mentioning that on Reddit and got absolutely blasted. She already has a loyal following, it seems.

I honestly believe the game needs her. She's a surprise character that, after thinking, actually makes sense. I shake my head to people thinking that she's a "poor" selection akin to PSA character picks.

Macka

I honestly believe the game needs her. She's a surprise character that, after thinking, actually makes sense. I shake my head to people thinking that she's a "poor" selection akin to PSA character picks.
Man, that's a pretty condescending thing to say. You shake your head at me? Lol. I have a different opinion to you. Neither of us have the 'correct' one.

Nirvana

Is there a decent 'classic' controller for the Wii U? I might buy a Wii U solely for this game, but if there isn't a decent controller for it then I'm not sure I can part with that much money for 1 title...

Is there a decent 'classic' controller for the Wii U? I might buy a Wii U solely for this game, but if there isn't a decent controller for it then I'm not sure I can part with that much money for 1 title...
There is: it's called the Wii U controller.

Seriously. It has all the features of a modern controller (barring analog triggers), but with a large screen arbitrarily in the middle. It's perfectly functional for playing games like you would on any other console.

That said, if that's not up your alley, there are the 360-like "Pro Controllers", or you can grab a Wiimote and plug in a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro (or buy one of those adapters to plug in a Gamecube controller, but since the analog sensitivity is different on the GC's sticks compared to the CC's sticks, I'm not sure how well it'd work).

Boss Doggie

So why is this thread still active or is the one in Gaming going to get locked eventually?

Man, that's a pretty condescending thing to say. You shake your head at me? Lol. I have a different opinion to you. Neither of us have the 'correct' one.

Well you didn't compare her to a PSA pick. :p

PSASBR is actually a good game though, BD. The only naff roster choices were Dino and Big Daddy.

Give it up. You can never make PSASBR look good game. Even if most of the characters are good choices and there are like 6 bad characters at max. PSASBR is shrouded in that much negativity. :(

Smash is opposite. Its shrouded in complete positivity. Honestly, Villager & Wii Fit Trainer are not that good additions. But somehow...... It feels like it works.

Oh and Smash fans are totally overrating some characters when comparing these games. Ice Climbers are really not that popular characters.....

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Give it up. You can never make PSASBR look good game. Even if most of the characters are good choices and there are like 6 bad characters at max. PSASBR is shrouded in that much negativity. :(

Smash is opposite. Its shrouded in complete positivity. Honestly, Villager & Wii Fit Trainer are not that good additions. But somehow...... It feels like it works.

Oh and Smash fans are totally overrating some characters when comparing these games. Ice Climbers are really not that popular characters.....

:lol seriously?

I thought PSASBR was great game but what made me dropped the game that how poorly they handled the patches.

Villager is a great addition to Smash since many people were clamoring for Animal Crossing representative in Brawl. Animal Crossing is one of most popular nintendo franchise at the moment, so his inclusion is well deserved.

Wii Fit Trainer is a wonderful character that would gladly to remind us to remember the quote, "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED." She is a perfect in Smash, and I would like to considered her as one of best WTF character in the history.

Point of Ice Climbers is that they provided a unique aspect of team character and they belong to Retro section, so it's not necessary to be popular characters to get in the game. They become popular with the smash fans. It is like saying same thing about Sir Dan being in PSASBR.

So why is this thread still active or is the one in Gaming going to get locked eventually?

I wonder same thing. I think this thread should be locked since we got new informations.

PSASBR is actually a good game though, BD. The only naff roster choices were Dino and Big Daddy.

Yeah, it was helluva fun. There are few moments that I felt tempted to play the game but too bad that I sold the game :-\

I'm still waiting for that game to release on Playstation Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom