• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Do it! Can't be a sneakerhead and not own a pair of Jordan 1s!

On a more serious note, you can go TTS. Half size down for a snug fit and going half a size up doesn't hurt either

I've owned a few pairs, but never that one. I guess that's about to change.

J1's are pretty dope. I might try to get that same pair this weekend. Download the SNKRS app if you haven't already.

Already got it! If not those, I might get these:

air-jordan-1-premium-essentials-yin-yang-pack-1.jpg

Fjordson

Adidas EU had 10k pairs online. No official numbers for Adidas US but a couple people have said between 20-21k. Plus a lot of other sites sold them as well, in much smaller quantities.

Adidas used some kind of counter to a lot of the bots this time around, and so did Yeezy Supply, so that freed up quite a few pairs for people who aren't buying them to just resell. ��

I've seen the eqt boost get restocked on other sites, can't recall if adidas restocked their main site it not, but I haven't really been paying attention to that one as closely as nmd restocks.
This is what I've been reading on Niketalk and twitter so it could be wrong, but apparently on Yeezy Supply when you clicked on the shoe it went to a new URL entirely. Like "purchase.yeezysupply.com" or something like that. So no bots picked up on them.

I was in such shock that I was checking out manually that I can't remember the URL. I just know that it was the easiest Adidas cop I've had in a while.

edit: the fuck...Yeezy Mafia is saying on twitter that 13 US is going to be the biggest size made for the Zebras. Goddamnit, what the fuck is the point of that. Even if I miss out and wanted to pay resell I literally won't be able to wear them. Smh.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
How much do you go up to fit? Size and a half?

Size and a half is typical, yes. Obviously will vary a little from brand to brand.

Not sure why y'all would skip on something just because it's a women's shoe, not like there's much real difference in design when it comes to sneakers. I think half my shoes are women's, heh.. but I also have small feet.

see5harp

I would never skip. Those pink nmds tri colors look dope ass fuck to me. I'd cop those over the black ones. I tend to prefer powder pink over whatever the pink pink that camron uses.

Fjordson

There are definitely some women's models that are straight fire, but sadly they're never made in big enough sizes for sasquatch feet.

Like these Wood Wood ultra boosts are so dope. I'd pay resell for them in a second if they made them big enough for me to wear:

Wood-Wood-x-adidas-Ultra-Boost-.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Possible restock at Yeezy Supply on the 350 v2 Breds. Seems they are cancelling multiple orders.

Just a heads up for anyone who didn't get a win on them.

Glad I only got the one pair now. My problem is with sizing.

Fjordson

Possible restock at Yeezy Supply on the 350 v2 Breds. Seems they are cancelling multiple orders.

Yeezy Supply will definitely cancel multiples.

Bii

Oh, good to hear. Maybe I have a chance at getting one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm considering spending money on something I don't need. I've NEVER bought shoes like this, but after seeing that Jordan thread, these suckers caught my eye (credit to dskillzhtown for posting them):

air-jordan-31-all-star-t.jpg

How and where do I get me a pair of these when they release? I am 100% a shoe virgin on this shit. The only nice shoes I've bought have been my Johnston & Murphy shoes for work.

So I'm considering spending money on something I don't need. I've NEVER bought shoes like this, but after seeing that Jordan thread, these suckers caught my eye (credit to dskillzhtown for posting them):

How and where do I get me a pair of these when they release? I am 100% a shoe virgin on this shit. The only nice shoes I've bought have been my Johnston & Murphy shoes for work.
Nike.com, Saturday morning. They're 31s so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting them.

Can also try Footlocker, Champs, Finishline etc.

Acrylic7

The massive Jordan logo ruins this entire shoe not matter what the colors are.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

If the logo were black or non-existent, I think I'd be even more inclined to buy the shoe. I don't LOVE the giant white Jordan logo, but I love everything else about the shoe. :/

I always thought that too but when I saw them in person, they look great. I think the 31s are the best Jordans in a long time.

I really don't want to cop the 13s and the 1s this weekend but I know I will -_-

Hmm...

I should check if the employee store still has the Black Cat 13s sitting...some less than normal sizes are still available on NDC.

I'm still hoping for a restock on the Space Jams after Eastbay fucked me.

see5harp

I just bought a pair of those NB 247 Luxe in white since someone said they'd never ever get a restock. They look super clean even though they've been worn but I only had to pay $140 shipped.

Bii

Took a while for them to show up, but my R1s have finally arrived. I really do love the lighter grey color over the darker one.

64CB2E4F-7789-4CC6-9E28-F3DAA3E8BBE1_zps96yv5mx5.jpg

5EBF6350-C120-4248-A577-805033C61634_zpsq7c3egbd.jpg

Nice pickup!

R1 mesh (not pk) triple white, triple black and triple reds getting restocks on Saturday, Feb 25th. Not sure what sites though.

I think mesh is okay; not sure why many people (not on this forum) think they're bad. I might try and get the Solar Reds and the Triple White. Too many shoe purchases for me this year already. haha

I think mesh is okay; not sure why many people (not on this forum) think they're bad. I might try and get the Solar Reds and the Triple White. Too many shoe purchases for me this year already. haha
I love my mesh solar reds. I'll probably try to grab a pair of the triple blacks if I can, though the upcoming triple black pk is also something I want lol...

see5harp

Pk is def more comfy to me especially if you wear shows fully fitted and snug. If you like to wear your shoes larger it's not that important. Plus that mesh is way easier to clean.

Fjordson

No PK no buy for me. Which isn't to say mesh is bad, it's just that there's already too many PK shoes that I want and they're way more comfortable than mesh.

see5harp

I feel that. PK is def nicer. I just think that the $40 difference in price is kinda ridiculous sometimes.

Edit: why is there a new balance boycott again? A lot of the 247 colorways I'm seeing look really nice.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Fell in love with a pair of Rick Owens Mastodons in LA this afternoon, too bad even at 60% off they're way outta my league. 😭💸

R1 mesh (not pk) triple white, triple black and triple reds getting restocks on Saturday, Feb 25th. Not sure what sites though.

EU Sites only. According to Hypebeast:

Adidas NMD R1 “Tonal Pack”:

43einhalb
AFEW
Allike
Asphalt Gold
ASOS
Caliroots
END.
Footdistrict
Foot Patrol
Inflammable
JD Sports
MATE
Overkill
Save Our Sole
Schuhdealer
slam jam
Sneak Avenue
Sneakers N Stuff
TheGoodWillOut​

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
they're nice

31s are one of my favorite modern jordans

So I've made the decision that I'm buying these damn shoes on Saturday. I'm going to hit up the nearby Dick's Sporting Goods to try on a few pairs to get an idea on the fit...Do most of these shoes run normal size or do they tend to run large/small?

Again, never bought shoes like this, so sorry if my inquiries seem dumb.

Speaking of dumb, is it legit to wear nice sneakers to work? I mean, I know it's case by case, but just curious if anyone here does that. I hate the idea of buying shoes and never wearing them, and since my work is super casual, I don't imagine it will be an issue. But I figured I'd ask.

So I've made the decision that I'm buying these damn shoes on Saturday. I'm going to hit up the nearby Dick's Sporting Goods to try on a few pairs to get an idea on the fit...Do most of these shoes run normal size or do they tend to run large/small?

Again, never bought shoes like this, so sorry if my inquiries seem dumb.

Speaking of dumb, is it legit to wear nice sneakers to work? I mean, I know it's case by case, but just curious if anyone here does that. I hate the idea of buying shoes and never wearing them, and since my work is super casual, I don't imagine it will be an issue. But I figured I'd ask.
I wear air max, Js, forces, dunks, asics, boost to work all the time and I work in corporate

Top Bottom