• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait until the inevitable cancellation of the Wii U version so that we can start posting "Wii U version is the best version" after the game bombs horribly.

rvy

Banned
You guys don't get it, it's because of different weather conditions and time of day, lol.

pls guys, understand

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Preorde%20canned.gif

You do realize those are bullshots and won't be reflective of what you actually get in the upcoming Batman game?

It's likely going to be far closer than this bullshit.
For reference

What I don't get is how the UI in the actual game footage looks like shit. Easily could have kept the UI here, as weird as it would have looked popping out from the rest of the game. Think Dead Rising 3 had a 1080p, clean overlay while the game wasn't as up to snuff.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yo. You. Yeah, you. The guy who just said this looks like 360 graphics right, that's you? Shut the fuck up.
I just think you need some glasses, man. That shit looks legitimately poor.

I mean, if you guys cant see it, then I'd suggest just refraining from ever entering threads about graphics. Just play the games and be happy that you cant tell the difference. Its really not an awful thing, so long as you're not coming in here to tell people that a shit looking gif looks just fine and that we should shut up.

Einbroch

Banned
Yes PC is the master platform for supreme visuals and framerate but considering these new systems are supposed to be a generation leap over 360/PS3 you expect better than that, fuck sake, what's happened ? So disappointed right now.

It's a cross gen game. The PC version will likely look almost identical to the PS4 version except maybe slightly sharper and, of course, at 60 FPS.

This game has to be made with the PS3/360 in mind. They can't use an engine or use gameplay mechanics that don't work on those older consoles. They can, but that would be incredibly expensive.

daveo42

Banned
That just looks awful. We knew a downgrade was incoming, but not that big of a downgrade. Now I've very afraid at what The Division is going to look like when they are finished with it.

Damaniel

Banned
At the rate this game is getting downgraded over time, let's hope it doesn't get delayed any further...

_44198444_nightdriver203.jpg

(Eh, it doesn't look that bad. But it certainly looks worse than the earlier trailers let on. Thanks, Ubisoft.)

MormaPope

Banned
you don't have to wait that long...inFamous:SS has showed us already what a next gen open world game should look like and has set the bar. It makes me feel dirty even to bring up inFamous in this thread.

inFamous is also a purty game, incredible effects as well.

You do realize those are bullshots and won't be reflective of what you actually get in the upcoming Batman game?

You do realize Arkham Knight is supposed to come out in less than 10 months? Rocksteady doesn't have the luxury of people forgetting what their game looks like, there is no reason or room for them to release bullshotty bullshots.

Looks like FCK. Anyone remember that?

Holy shit. I actually made a project for school about Frame City Killer, I was so stoked for it. Made box art, disc & manual. Got an A.

The gif in the OP is really pushing me to not get this game. It also gives me worry for The Division, because I DEFINITELY want that game in my life.

OMG! The first reveal made me go "DAMN, that's next gen." It really looked far above anything I'd seen previously in a lot of ways. What I'm seeing now, just looks like another open world game. I'm not saying the game will suck, but holy shit, what a downgrade!

Irobot82

inFamous is also a purty game, incredible effects as well.

You do realize Arkham Knight is supposed to come out in less than 10 months? Rocksteady doesn't have the luxury of people forgetting what their game looks like, there is no reason or room for them to release bullshotty bullshots.

It's marketing man. I'm sure the game will look great, but it won't look like those shots, esp not on a console. Quote that on release day. Still getting the game day 1.

Still doesn't look bad, all things considered, and I never thought that the final game would look exactly the way it did.

Yo. You. Yeah, you. The guy who just said this looks like 360 graphics right, that's you? Shut the fuck up.

Of course a Wii U fan wouldn't consider this bad

and with a passive-aggressive comment towards PS4/XB1 owners too

EBE

downgrade is pretty noticeable.
never understood the hype for the game, though. was it just visuals? it just seemed like another open world game to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I still don't know how it looks worse than it did at E3 last year.

Thankfully it sounds like they polished up the gameplay after the delay but I was hoping this would get some next gen shine on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom