• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New code discovered for... Wave Race gamecube?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
YOU'VE CHOSEN POORLY

2ns7337.gif

THAT TURBO'S WASTED ON YOU

miserable

This is awesome! I love stuff like this.
Slightly OT:i am still waiting for somebody to find the code for the Megaman 8 trailer in Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo on PS1 (i did it once by accident, never managed to do it again: i think it was a combination of holding some of the trigger buttons and start or select at the Capcom logo :/ )

Domstercool

Ah man, this is amusing. I really love Blue Storm as well, played the hell out of that game when I was doing time trials with people off other forums.

Where is my sequel Nintendo!!!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Oh wow, this is pretty great.

jufonuk said:
imagine this kind of cheat in a game like dead space or streat fighter, you coudl have a die going "you should give up now you will die" and SF he could just insult your moves and combos
Somebody needs to make a mod for SF4 PC that replaces the announcer with darksydephil.

Veal

I love what he says if you lose the circuit before the last race:

"You've given me something to live for: revenge."

"Give me time; I'll find a way of ignoring you."
"If I say anything to offend you, please let me know. I might want to do it again."
(after I hit a pillar) "That thing's thicker than your head. Hit it harder."
"I don't know what I'd do without you. But it's fun thinking about it."
"I think you're wonderful. But what's my opinion against millions of others?"
(when a stage hazard fell in front of me) "Something's falling faster than your rank."

Damn, this guy is fucking ice cold! :lol

This is fantastic; I can't believe it's only just now been found. And this comes not too long after a way of playing as Master Hand in Smash Bros. Melee without any cheat discs was found (though that's more of an exploit of a shortcut for the developers, rather than an Easter Egg).

Oh, and I forgot just how good this game is. The graphics have aged, but the gameplay and music are still incredible.

Boerseun

Banned
One of my favourite racers ever. :D Can't wait to try out this code.

Drkirby said:
Well, might as well post something I found in THPS3 years ago. Its most likely a glitch, but it may be an Easter Egg. Now, this is off memory, so I may get some things wrong. I got this to work repeatly in the Gamecube version

First, you need to have cheat codes active, enable all the ones that have to do with performance, like perfect grind and such. Go into 2 player, and pick 2 characters with maxed out stats, goto what I think was the last stage (I want to say it was Tokyo? It was a night stage and had a decent amount of Neon). To the right side of the stage, there are 2 or 3 small cirular things you can grind, have one of the players gain a good speed and start grinding on it. Soon, your character will start gravitating out grinding in bigger and bigger circles, passing though all objects (except the other player, so try to keep him out of the way), until you are outside of the bounderies to the normal stage. You will soon realize though that there is something beyound the area you can normally get to, outside of the stage. Keep going in circles at your super fast rate till you are passing though it. Time it right, jump off, and you will be skating in an area that I do no think there is any other way to access. Most likely it was a test area of sorts, but it is a cool little area with some nice ramps.

Now I shale wait till someone points out there is a normal way to get to this area.

Also, posting on GAF with a computer that doesn't have a mouse is annoying. Welp, break is over, BACK TO CLASS!

Thanks but that sounds like too much effort. :p I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time. Also, I have the PC version and no saves.

farnham

Banned
DonMigs85 said:
IS NST even still around? We should contact them and see who did this, bet it was one of the staff members.
they are making the mario vs. donkey kong games i believe

its kinda said. they made great games on n64, gamecube and DS yet Nintendo wont let them make a wii game.

Nishastra

Banned
Dwayne said:
Awesome :) Reminds me of the alternate script for Rebel Assault 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdgWV5uW4jE&p=1151F4DD9189C803&index=3

I swear this had audio, but it's been so long.
That reminds me of the Tenchu 3 "B Side" language option, which replaced most of the cutscene dialogue with... strange stuff. I absolutely love all of Onikage's lines. Especially when he uses the sword to call Mei-Oh :p

The subtitles don't change, so you can see what it's supposed to be.

Top Bottom