• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do you guys see those 75% off platinum daily offers? I need to buy some platinum so bad but knowing that those exist is making me want to just tough it out and wait.

I've noticed if I don't play for a while and come back, it always starts me off with a discount coupon. The 75%'s are definitely worth the wait!

Truant

Been playing for a few hours. It's a decent podcast game, for sure. Don't really have any idea what I should be doing / pursuing. Built a weird organic looking burst rifle that fires 5 shots at a time, feels kinda useless.

So is it just me or is the Archwing stuff pure ass? It takes forever to level up to the higher missions because the aren't enough lower-level missions (not that I want any more of them), the rush mission was 100% controller-throwing frustration and now there's a big fat level 20-something archcrap mission blocking Uranus. My Odonata (no idea where to even find others, haven't checked) is 10+ and I have no absolutely no desire to level it up. And Limbo Theorem starts with an archwing _interception_... I haven't even tried to check if other people bother to play it.

On a more positive note, I didn't remember how disgustingly hard Tigris hits. I want to love and cherish it, but I think I'll save that for Sancti.

So is it just me or is the Archwing stuff pure ass? It takes forever to level up to the higher missions because the aren't enough lower-level missions (not that I want any more of them), the rush mission was 100% controller-throwing frustration and now there's a big fat level 20-something archcrap mission blocking Uranus. My Odonata (no idea where to even find others, haven't checked) is 10+ and I have no absolutely no desire to level it up. And Limbo Theorem starts with an archwing _interception_... I haven't even tried to check if other people bother to play it.

On a more positive note, I didn't remember how disgustingly hard Tigris hits. I want to love and cherish it, but I think I'll save that for Sancti.

Supposedly the best place to level is the Neptune mobile defense, though I dont know if you can get there. Yeah, it seems like archwing is another one of those "hey here is this thing we think will be cool" that is never revisited. For example, the mods seem to have not went through the same redux that the warframe mods did. As for the other archwings, I believe they are clan research based? And the weapons come from the different factions. Farming for mods for them is even more fun, especially the +% health one for the archwing itself (though I think they added it to a junction after I completed that junction). Again, it feels like it could be something cool/fun if they rebalanced the mods, fixed some of the gameplay and added in more content. Like it would be nice if there was something like the powerleveling places for the main frames/weapons/companions.

VandalD

I think archwing's okay. Like the game as a whole, they do a terrible job at preparing you for it. They assign mission levels to nodes as if they expect you to have a full set of mods collected and leveled as you progress through the planets. To top it off, maxing out your archwing gear does almost nothing to help you in the main game.

You can get other archwings from the Tenno Lab in the dojo. Amesha and Itzal are the two worth grabbing, if you get any of them. Itzal makes looting during archwing easy, and it can move fast, while Amesha pretty much gives you god mode.

If you or anyone else needs help with archwing stuff, I usually won't mind helping if I'm around in game.

Supposedly the best place to level is the Neptune mobile defense, though I dont know if you can get there. Yeah, it seems like archwing is another one of those "hey here is this thing we think will be cool" that is never revisited.

Yeah, Neptune seems to be the hot spot but that's still out of reach. I'll just skip everything archwing-related for now and grind it out later.

You can get other archwings from the Tenno Lab in the dojo. Amesha and Itzal are the two worth grabbing, if you get any of them. Itzal makes looting during archwing easy, and it can move fast, while Amesha pretty much gives you god mode.

Good to know, thanks. I'll set up some research at some point (making a dirty solo basement lab dojo just for fun), but I'll probably avoid most archwing content. The progression curve in general has actually been pretty good so far and the new way of unlocking stuff is working pretty nicely, but the AW mission placement feels really half-assed. I can see it being really fun and useful with the Plains of Eidolon, though.

It turns out the Mastery test I failed was the eighth, not the ninth. Ah well.

I finally learned how to high jump thanks to it, so I guess it did its job. I'm a better Tenno now.

Hedge

Zipping around with Itzal in the new Fields of Eidolon could be so much fun. I'm excited for a more wholesome archwing experience.

I think archwing's okay. Like the game as a whole, they do a terrible job at preparing you for it. They assign mission levels to nodes as if they expect you to have a full set of mods collected and leveled as you progress through the planets. To top it off, maxing out your archwing gear does almost nothing to help you in the main game.

If you or anyone else needs help with archwing stuff, I usually won't mind helping if I'm around in game.

I also think leveling up Archwing is always slow as fuck, even with boosters.

Rolfgang

Anyone seeing a big decrease in performance? I used to be able to run this game in downsampled 4k, now at 1080p I'm getting dips into the 50s.

Nope, still and excellent performance. The only thing that bugs me is that at 1440p and max settings, the text of a lot of things is still blurry and jaggy. Anyone got a solution for that?

The amount of cryotics I need is upwards of 50k. Please kill me.

Also, hopefully my support ticket will be able to resolve why I can't play online with anyone anymore... If I have to solo farm, I'm out until PoE update, haha.

keep the nikana prime because it's another one of those weird DE things where the superior weapon has a lower MR than the other ones. Also the regular Nikana is required to make the Dragon Nikana.

I still love my Dragon Nikana even with Nikana Prime replacing it :D

iirc it's my most used melee weapon.

While not a weapon they did a similar thing to Vauban where his Prime is potentially easier to get than his base.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After a couple weeks of this game I still totally love it and am totally lost in the grind/gameplay loop. I'm starting to get a little jaded by constantly switching out weapons tho. I'm always using lower ranked weapons to keep my MR bar moving which means I never get to settle into a weapon or gameplay style that I like. Some of my favorite feeling melee weapons so far have been Orthos and Scindo, but I just maxed them both and then sold them because they're essentially MR fodder. Eventually I'll get the Prime versions, that will be "keepers" and they'll finally be worth sinking a catalyst into and maxing out, but for the early/mid game it has been a lot of hump em and dump em with weapons and that's been a pretty crappy feeling.

Another thing that's bumming me out is all the ways the game is nickle and diming with f2p stuff. Like I can't collect frames without slots. And then on top of that collecting and even maxing them out is essentially pointless because a reactor is mandatory to make them even come close to comparing to my Frost Prime (it's probably unfair to compare them to a free prime/reactor'd frame, but it's their fault for giving it to me!).

That last part will easily be remedied once I get a plat discount, but I'm starting to get convinced that the more hours you sink into this game, the shittier your daily bonuses are because they know they already got you. I'm eventually going to have to break and get some plat, I just won't be able to go nuts and get the whale-tier package until they give me a fat discount.

VandalD

That last part will easily be remedied once I get a plat discount, but I'm starting to get convinced that the more hours you sink into this game, the shittier your daily bonuses are because they know they already got you. I'm eventually going to have to break and get some plat, I just won't be able to go nuts and get the whale-tier package until they give me a fat discount.
It's just random. I've got a ton of hours clocked in game, and I still feel like I get a 75% off every month or two.
Also, hopefully my support ticket will be able to resolve why I can't play online with anyone anymore... If I have to solo farm, I'm out until PoE update, haha.
It just flat out doesn't work for you anymore? That sucks, man. I know we played together and it hated you hosting, but it seemed to work with you as a client. Hope that gets sorted out.

It just flat out doesn't work for you anymore? That sucks, man. I know we played together and it hated you hosting, but it seemed to work with you as a client. Hope that gets sorted out.

Yeah... 99% of public missions I launch is met with "session unavailable" now. :\

Somehow Rapid joined me mid mission the other day though. So I've no clue what's going on.

Shengar

Am I the only one who absolutely hate Ember/Banshee in defense mission? I want to play goddammit, not to watch the screen like an idiot then collect the loot from every corner of map.

Am I the only one who absolutely hate Ember/Banshee in defense mission? I want to play goddammit, not to watch the screen like an idiot then collect the loot from every corner of map.
It can be pretty annoying, but this mostly applies to low-mid level stuff. As things get higher level, these abilities fall off a lot as anything other than crowd control.

Limbo, on the other hand... Ultimate troll frame.

Arrrammis

Just matchmade into a fissure survival mission, bringing my lvl. 14 Wukong, lvl. 16 melee weapon and lvl. 10 latron because I might as well grind out those levels while going for primes, but we ended up going for 1 hour, I wasn't able to do much by the time we extracted! Still, plenty of good loot to go around, Got my Carrier prime started and only need one more part for Trinity Prime!

Hey Guys does there happen to be any room in the GAF clan?

Finally got back into this game and man how has so much changed since I last played in 2013, it's amazing. I been playing these past few weeks and been addicted to it. I'm on mastery rank 5 right now and just working my way up.

Would love to join up with other people and also help contribute to the clan.

Name - Aspirations

Naite

If it's doing anything other than sound quake I'd be okay with but if they intend to constantly sound quake I would instantly leave the group.

That said, I'm usually the sound quaking Banshee on interception sorties. Can't stand that mode and teammates who cant capture a point so I might as well cover all of them.

If they are doing its usually to farm so you can either stay or leave if you not in that mood. I will usually indicate whats going on here if some pugs joined a farming game i'm in

It can be pretty annoying, but this mostly applies to low-mid level stuff. As things get higher level, these abilities fall off a lot as anything other than crowd control.

Limbo, on the other hand... Ultimate troll frame.

Was doing a sortie defense and a Limbo player actually asked another player permission to place them in the rift

Cue the rest of the team being fucking shocked LOL

Just saw the Tonkor nerf second hand with a dude constantly downing himself during a excavation mission and it was sad

RIP Tonkor

*pours 40*

HooYaH

Nope, still and excellent performance. The only thing that bugs me is that at 1440p and max settings, the text of a lot of things is still blurry and jaggy. Anyone got a solution for that?

Well, they still haven't updated some parts of the UI/fonts which were designed for 1600x900.

Alienups

Just saw the Tonkor nerf second hand with a dude constantly downing himself during a excavation mission and it was sad

RIP Tonkor

*pours 40*

The Tonkor used to be my favorite weapon and when i came back last week after 1.5 years or so of inactivity it took me a couple of minutes to realize what kept killing me, good lord

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sold my first prime part for cash money! I feel like a millionaire with my 40 plat right now! Was going to buy a couple frame slots but since my non-Frost frames are basically useless without reactors in them I was thinking maybe platting a reactor into one or two of them would be worthwhile to give me some other frame options to play without feeling gimped.

Anybody got a suggestion for a primary weapon I can build or farm that isn't too hard to get? I've got my Dread with a catalyst in it and it's pretty tricked out considering the mods I have, but I would like something automatic for run and gun missions and drawing and releasing a bow for hours on end makes my finger sore. I heard the base Boltor is good and I like the way the gun feels but without a catalyst and forma I can't mod it worth a shit. Is that a worthy gun to sink resources into or is there something better I should shoot for? I don't want to invest and have it replaced by something better or a Prime within a few weeks.

I really hope the Jordas Golem assassination is easier than the quest version, because sheesh. Getting through that was legitimate hell.

The things I do for an Atlas.

maaaang
ember
sub 40 defense
pop world on fire

i legit just alt-tab and check the screen every minute or so until wave 10
*sogood*

Primus

The Tonkor used to be my favorite weapon and when i came back last week after 1.5 years or so of inactivity it took me a couple of minutes to realize what kept killing me, good lord

I've got a 6-Forma'd Tonkor, that thing was my right hand for a long time. Now I only pull it out when I need to clear one of the Junctions, 'cause the Specter is far enough away that I can pop it without fragging myself.

RIP, Tonkor.

Shengar

It just on defense though, Ember on Exterminate is fine (if not godsend). I was on Io trying to farm oxium farm and Meso relic. The former is what makes me groan with AFK Ember/Banshee since I can't really alt-tab and have to stupidly watch the screen on every wave.

I've got a 6-Forma'd Tonkor, that thing was my right hand for a long time. Now I only pull it out when I need to clear one of the Junctions, 'cause the Specter is far enough away that I can pop it without fragging myself.

RIP, Tonkor.

Tonkor is still usable on Loki I think, since his invis allows to more carefully aim without being shot in your face.
If you're too close though, you'll just evaporated.

Inskipp

Defection is such BS gamemode if you can't get full team for it. With 4 people you can cover all approaches well enough, but alone? Fuuu....
You can complete it with less people, if one of the players is specced as a low-duration EV Trinity. Trin's Bless-ability applies to followers as well, which means you can constantly heal the defectors, and not worry about supplying the med boosters.

Defection is bad because it's sloooooow and demands backtracking. Cant GOTTA GO FAST'T. Is almost like a prisoner rescue mission where the prisoners don't teleport to you. Ew.

Also noticed that i'd picked scattered justice as the faction mod reward for the Goodneer guys. Equipped on a standard, unpotatoed hek. point blank and blaze to go along. Holy freaking hell does that thing hit even harder now. Only reason i wont potato is because so close to tigris prime and vaykor hek.

Also Nezha completely breaks a whole lotta infection hitboxes wot with her bubble shield. Also #bestmovement since so slippery. Captain Shield tho...eh.

Defection is bad because it's sloooooow and demands backtracking. Cant GOTTA GO FAST'T. Is almost like a prisoner rescue mission where the prisoners don't teleport to you. Ew.

Also noticed that i'd picked scattered justice as the faction mod reward for the Goodneer guys. Equipped on a standard, unpotatoed hek. point blank and blaze to go along. Holy freaking hell does that thing hit even harder now. Only reason i wont potato is because so close to tigris prime and vaykor hek.

Also Nezha completely breaks a whole lotta infection hitboxes wot with her bubble shield. Also #bestmovement since so slippery. Captain Shield tho...eh.

What I found out is, is that Defection is best with multiple people, because when you get multiple squads coming at once, it means the mission will be over quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom