• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

They also confirmed that Yoruichi, White Ichigo, and Tensa Zangetsu will be coming in Step Ups Vol 2 for Global. Makes me wonder what characters JP will be getting.

Hmmm more tag team summons is the last thing I wanted to see. That plus a lame step up summons means I won't be spending my orbs anytime soon.

Also, MANGA CHARACTERS CONFIRMED. This is what I've been waiting for, so I'm gonna be saving up orbs like crazy for a while.

KHZkxDi.gif

I started logging back in 2 days ago. I overacted, I just needed a break. Salt was too much.

Oh wow, I didn't notice I stopped checking after 2 weeks. Glad to have you back, welcome back!

Wish everyone luck with the free multi since I don't think a lot of people are going to do all the steps

Edit: Maintenance just as I was about to use my tickets up in the Inheritance Zone :(

chrono01

Yeah, definitely sticking with the free multi per day and not going more than that, unless there's confusion and we actually do get a doubled 6% (12% total) rate for the 7th step, in which case I'll go all-in. I doubt it, though.

Not going to lie, the anniversary this year seems to be pretty underwhelming. We get a 5* ticket on Day 15, but I'm guessing it'll be like all other 5* tickets and manage to give me a dupe anyway. I just hope I can get someone new with my attribute pick...

Milr

I agree with it feeling underwhelming, especially after Dokkan's anniversary. I am hopeful about the attribute summons though, I'm sorely lacking on power chars. Good luck with your pull(s) tomorrow everyone!

Kakaroach

Attribute pick is gonna be a little tough for me. I don't have any top tier mind units but I have 3 chappies for power, including a 30% attack gold one. My best power unit is probably Kazeshini haha.

chrono01

Wow, step-up's don't reset? Welp, there goes my hope to do the free daily multi and move on. This anniversary just keeps getting worse. :/

Anyway, free multi, gold light. Not surprised.

Kakaroach

Waiiiiiiit the random character pack is 24 bucks?! That's incredibly disappointing, I was expecting the usual 5 bucks. Not so sure if I'm gonna get it now.

Also got nothing from the summons. Now I gotta think about when to use that attribute summon.

chrono01

Waiiiiiiit the random character pack is 24 bucks?! That's incredibly disappointing, I was expecting the usual 5 bucks. Not so sure if I'm gonna get it now.

Also got nothing from the summons. Now I gotta think about when to use that attribute summon.
Of course it is.

What? Were you expecting a discount? It's like it's the game's second anniversary or anythi-

...Oh. :(

Spent around 2900 orbs on the step ups and the only new character I got was Aizen, I got 2 dupe Ulquiorra and 1 dupe TLA Ichigo. This wasn't worth it at all.

On JP I did all the steps and got a new Toshiro, dupe Tensa, and 2 dupe TLA Ichigo.

Wow, step-up's don't reset? Welp, there goes my hope to do the free daily multi and move on. This anniversary just keeps getting worse. :/

Anyway, free multi, gold light. Not surprised.

I can't say that I expected step ups not resetting. This is not the kind of surprise that I expected from the anniversary.

Uthred

Got Yammy, brother got the new Ichigo. My bad gacha luck is annoying enough without his sublime luck as a counterpoint. Dont really get the step up gacha as I was taking a break through the last one. Is it bad that it doesnt reset because you only get the guaranteed 5* step once?

Kakaroach

Of course it is.

What? Were you expecting a discount? It's like it's the game's second anniversary or anythi-

...Oh. :(
Haha not even a discount. The last 2 packs they did like this were just 5 dollars. Not sure what Klab is thinking for this one. Guess I'm saving everything for manga characters. That first round with Hitsugaya and Komammura is gonna be nuts for me.

chrono01

People on Reddit (and other websites, I'm sure) definitely aren't happy with the anniversary. I can understand why.

In a lot of ways, the step-up gacha is actually worse than our usual end-of-the-month gacha, since the 6% rate for the latter is unlocked from the start where you need to spend 400 orbs before that rate is available on the step-up gacha (and it goes no higher than that). Sure, Step 6 gives a guaranteed 5*, but with the pool as full as it is, you're not likely to get the character you're after (i.e., Anniversary Ichigo). After that's, it's just spending the standard 250 orbs for a 6% chance. BUT WAIT! We get Hogyoku + Power Hearts with that Step 7 summon, and you can do it as many times as you want. YAY! (Said no one ever.)

You're telling me Klab couldn't have made Step 7 a 10% chance for a 5*? Hell, I would have taken 8%. Some guy on Reddit did the math, but with the previous year, we got a daily multi-summon for 50 orbs at a 6% rate. If you pulled that every day over the course of 16 days (the entirety of the event), it would cost you 800 orbs. Now, if you want to do the same for the current event, it would cost us 4000 orbs. Yeah, not exactly an upgrade.

When the game comes out of maintenance, I'll probably just do a full-step up for the current banner, and another for Vol. 2 when it arrives. I'm getting really fatigued with the game and need someone new to play with. I was hoping the anniversary would give me a great opportunity for that, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Of course I'll probably get a dupe and nothing else, as has been my luck in the last several months, but I need to try anyway. :/

Edit:

Wait, our filler pool is different than the Japanese one? I expected us not to get Yoruichi, since we didn't receive her yet, but no Toshiro/Speed Kenpachi/etc.? Well, there goes my idea of spending anything more on this step up. I did my free multi, that's all I'm doing. I'll wait until Vol. 2 to see if we get anything, as going specifically for Anniversary Ichigo just isn't worth it (I really don't want a FH Ichigo/Hogyoku Aizen/SE Ulquiorra/etc. dupe :/).

chrono01

Maintenance didn't do anything, still so many network errors.
Yeah, really not a good impression to those just starting this game, and not exactly encouraging to long-time players (the awful step-up gacha doesn't help things).

I'm not sure this anniversary could have gone worse, personally.

I did my Tech summon, since I really wanted FB Ichigo or Riruka. Of course, it have me Yama, Zanpakto Twins, TT Rukia and Christmas Kisuke (had both of these), and Retsu. I went with Retsu since another healing link is nice, but I'll never use her as a character. Of course I would have this luck.

Pissed, I started doing step-up summons. Probably not a good idea, but I really didn't care. This game literally had no reason for me to continue playing as I needed someone new to play with. Second multi gave me hold light, not surprising. Third gave me a rainbow light and got Riruka out of it. I'm glad, since she was one of the two Tech characters I wanted (still no FB Ichigo though). At least it wasn't a dupe. I'm here on Step 4 now, with a guaranteed 5* at Step 5. I'm cutting my losses here and will likely summon more on Vol. 2 where HOPEFULLY they have better rates, along with Tensa/Yoruichi/White Ichigo. I mean, it'd be shitty if it didn't, since we always got 6% rates at the end of the month anyway (I'm treating Vol. 1 as a "mid-month" gacha where we usually received 3% rates instead).

This anniversary though. :/

Yeah, really not a good impression to those just starting this game, and not exactly encouraging to long-time players (the awful step-up gacha doesn't help things).

I'm not sure this anniversary could have gone worse, personally.

I did my Tech summon, since I really wanted FB Ichigo or Riruka. Of course, it have me Yama, Zanpakto Twins, TT Rukia and Christmas Kisuke (had both of these), and Retsu. I went with Retsu since another healing link is nice, but I'll never use her as a character. Of course I would have this luck.

Pissed, I started doing step-up summons. Probably not a good idea, but I really didn't care. This game literally had no reason for me to continue playing as I needed someone new to play with. Second multi gave me hold light, not surprising. Third gave me a rainbow light and got Riruka out of it. I'm glad, since she was one of the two Tech characters I wanted (still no FB Ichigo though). At least it wasn't a dupe. I'm here on Step 4 now, with a guaranteed 5* at Step 5. I'm cutting my losses here and will likely summon more on Vol. 2 where HOPEFULLY they have better rates, along with Tensa/Yoruichi/White Ichigo. I mean, it'd be shitty if it didn't, since we always got 6% rates at the end of the month anyway (I'm treating Vol. 1 as a "mid-month" gacha where we usually received 3% rates instead).

This anniversary though. :/

It's been pretty bad so far, I miss single step ups.

Wow congrats on the Riruka, I've been chasing her since her release and I still haven't gotten her. Was hoping to get her from this Step Ups but no luck on that. The Tech Attribute gave me NY Byakuya (dupe), Love, Senbonzakura, Halloween Rukia, and Tech Uryu. I went with Senbonzakura due to peer pressure, but it didn't really matter. I bought the ticket and got Iba out of it, was hoping for any other Fullbringer but he's new so at least I get some orbs.

Yeah, I'm willing myself to just stop and hope Vol 2 has a better filler pool. I'll most likely get to Step 6 if I get shafted on the previous steps.

chrono01

It's been pretty bad so far, I miss single step ups.

Wow congrats on the Riruka, I've been chasing her since her release and I still haven't gotten her. Was hoping to get her from this Step Ups but no luck on that. The Tech Attribute gave me NY Byakuya (dupe), Love, Senbonzakura, Halloween Rukia, and Tech Uryu. I went with Senbonzakura due to peer pressure, but it didn't really matter. I bought the ticket and got Iba out of it, was hoping for any other Fullbringer but he's new so at least I get some orbs.

Yeah, I'm willing myself to just stop and hope Vol 2 has a better filler pool. I'll most likely get to Step 6 if I get shafted on the previous steps.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy to have her. As I said, she was one of the two I was hoping to get out of the attribute summons, and while she didn't come to me then, at least I got her via the step-up's. Congrats to your on your Senbonzakura, but I know that feeling when you get non-dupes with the pull but none you were really after/wanting. It was between Yama, Sogyo no Kotowari, or Retsu (since TT Rukia and Christmas Kisuke were dupes). I didn't particular want any of them, so I went with the one with the more ideal link (Retsu).

I'm really hoping Vol. 2 is better and that Anniversary Ichigo is still included in the pool. As I mentioned, if we don't get anything more than a 6% rate-up it'll be a shame, since we always get 6% at the end of the month anyway. Wouldn't seem like anything special if it's just another 6% increase, with a few free items thrown in.

Surprised to see maintenance do nothing about the connection errors. We didn't even get compensation orbs or anything out of it, but then that might come later (when Klab are confident the issues are fixed). Not a good start for them, that's for sure.

chrono01

Scraped together enough to get to step 4, saw a rainbow and foolishly got excited, why hello FH Ichigo No 4.
It's extra upsetting since he wasn't even supposed to be in our pool. Japan received a lot of the newer characters in theirs, but then we might have those when we get Vol. 2. I can imagine your frustration though, even if he is a strong Mind character. :/

Completing the co-op daily is the hardest challenge yet
Trying to do anything right now is a struggle. Fun times.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy to have her. As I said, she was one of the two I was hoping to get out of the attribute summons, and while she didn't come to me then, at least I got her via the step-up's. Congrats to your on your Senbonzakura, but I know that feeling when you get non-dupes with the pull but none you were really after/wanting. It was between Yama, Sogyo no Kotowari, or Retsu (since TT Rukia and Christmas Kisuke were dupes). I didn't particular want any of them, so I went with the one with the more ideal link (Retsu).

I'm really hoping Vol. 2 is better and that Anniversary Ichigo is still included in the pool. As I mentioned, if we don't get anything more than a 6% rate-up it'll be a shame, since we always get 6% at the end of the month anyway. Wouldn't seem like anything special if it's just another 6% increase, with a few free items thrown in.

Surprised to see maintenance do nothing about the connection errors. We didn't even get compensation orbs or anything out of it, but then that might come later (when Klab are confident the issues are fixed). Not a good start for them, that's for sure.

Thanks! At least his animations are really pretty, you can count on that from Byakuyas lol

Yeah I'd rather have the regular double chance just so I could do singles. I had more dupes on JPs filler list but I still would have preferred that to the one Global got.
Scraped together enough to get to step 4, saw a rainbow and foolishly got excited, why hello FH Ichigo No 4.

RIP Sorry to hear that, His Special is surprisingly really good but I guess that doesn't really matter since he's usually chappied.
Completing the co-op daily is the hardest challenge yet
I haven't tried co-op at all, doing solo quests seems to be working well enough. Hopefully they fix these network errors before the daily reset because I still want the 5 daily orbs.

Kakaroach

I knew I wasn't spending orbs the second I saw the step ups. I'd rather save that 1100 or so orbs and go ham for when we eventually get the manga characters. Honestly, that news is the best thing to come out of the anniversary so far.

Uthred

Ha, step 5, another Full Hollow Ichigo, suppose I'll max his special for the craic. I actually don't have many of the filler characters so this smarts even more.

chrono01

I knew I wasn't spending orbs the second I saw the step ups. I'd rather save that 1100 or so orbs and go ham for when we eventually get the manga characters. Honestly, that news is the best thing to come out of the anniversary so far.
I'm excited for the manga characters too.

I still have hopes that the current anniversary turns itself around in the second half. :/

Ha, step 5, another Full Hollow Ichigo, suppose I'll max his special for the craic. I actually don't have many of the filler characters so this smarts even more.
Ugh, so depressing. Sorry man. I'm playing through solo missions and it really burns seeing the Anniversary Ichigo appear on EVERY loading screen. Like, do you really need to constantly remind me that I've yet to pull him, and probably never will. ;_;

Have you thought about maybe keeping the FH Ichigo dupe for his +NAD link? Granted you might already have several of them, so not sure if it's needed or not.

Milr

I personally liked global's fillers. I've been chasing Nnoitora (and was ready to throw some orbs at the power attribute summons if it came before the anniversary) and FH Ichigo but I can understand some of the frustration.

Looks like these "step ups" really were just a glorified double rates banner with some hearts and hogs. Went 3650 orbs deep when I found out that the steps don't reset lol.

Opted for speed on the free 6* hoping for parasol Nanao or Mashiro, ended up getting Jushiro from it. That was much more fun than these 5* tickets that are dupe central lol.

chrono01

I personally liked global's fillers. I've been chasing Nnoitora (and was ready to throw some orbs at the power attribute summons if it came before the anniversary) and FH Ichigo but I can understand some of the frustration.

Looks like these "step ups" really were just a glorified double rates banner with some hearts and hogs. Went 3650 orbs deep when I found out that the steps don't reset lol.

Opted for speed on the free 6* hoping for parasol Nanao or Mashiro, ended up getting Jushiro from it. That was much more fun than these 5* tickets that are dupe central lol.
Wow, 3650 orbs. What did you get out of it, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't like this change to spirit orb collection, I enjoyed leaving them all in the gift box and then collecting them after a summoning session to not feel as guilty for using up orbs. I was hoping they were going to just add a filter to the present box to only collect orbs since they announced a present box overhaul.

Edit: Yay, it's only a temporary measure

Uthred

Did step 6, got another FH Ichigo and a dupe Yammy, at least I got the new Nnoitara, did the free single pull, saw a rainbow, dupe Nnoitara. I think the games sending me a message .

Did step 6, got another FH Ichigo and a dupe Yammy, at least I got the new Nnoitara, did the free single pull, saw a rainbow, dupe Nnoitara. I think the games sending me a message .

Congrats on the Nnoitra! He's so good and he can auto so many raids, makes getting fodder and 2* accessories for fusing so easy

chrono01

Congrats on the Nnoitora, he looks like a lot of fun to play as and it helps that he's pretty amazing as well.

Anyway, after much debating (as to whether I should wait for Vol. 2 to summon more, as I was one Step 4) I figured I'd go ahead and go up to Step 6 for the guaranteed 5* (since my luck isn't the best, any guarantee is appreciated). Step 4 gave me a dupe Haizen (5/5 Special now :/), Step 5 gave me a gold light, and Step 7 gave me FB Ichigo (who's new at least). Of course I'd get FB Ichigo the day after I ascend Riruka to 150+, goodbye Hogyoku Wills I spent on her (but she might be useful for more difficult co-op since she's ranged, so having a melee and ranged Tech character at Level 200 might be helpful. Would have preferred spending those on FB Uryu, since I still need to awaken a Level 150 in Power, since I already have Speed (Dangai Ichigo) and Tech as of yesterday (Riruka, but soon-to-be FB Ichigo as well). Oh well, hopefully I can manage another three of those before too long, since I'm already counting on the ones I get from the login bonus as going towards FB Ichigo.

Milr

Wow, 3650 orbs. What did you get out of it, if you don't mind my asking?
Ginjo, 3x HAizen (first one wasn't a dupe lol), Grimmjow (my 3rd), FB Ichigo, Nnoitora, Tsukishima, FH Ichigo, and Annichigo. That was probably the hottest streak I've ever had, got everything I could've wanted except for Riruka @_@.

Oh and congrats on FB Ichigo, and Nnoitora @ Uthred!

chrono01

Ginjo, 3x HAizen (first one wasn't a dupe lol), Grimmjow (my 3rd), FB Ichigo, Nnoitora, Tsukishima, FH Ichigo, and Annichigo. That was probably the hottest streak I've ever had, got everything I could've wanted except for Riruka @_@.
Yeah, that's a great set of pulls, orbs well-spent. Congrats!

Good luck on Riruka in the future, hope you get her.

I did 2 more multis and got another TLA Ichigo.
3/5 Special here I come I guess...

Awesome pulls Milr.

Did another and got Yammy....

Did another and got Anniversary Ichigo!!!!

Reszo

So i just got back to playing this game after taking months off, and i just got a crap ton of orbs, coins, summoning tickets, etc.

Should I just splurge all the summoning stuff or save it?

So i just got back to playing this game after taking months off, and i just got a crap ton of orbs, coins, summoning tickets, etc.

Should I just splurge all the summoning stuff or save it?

These Step Ups don't have great rates but a lot of the characters are really good (only outlier is Aizen and Yammy) so I'd do the free pull and 150 orb one at least, if you have enough orbs to spare get to Step 6 which is a guaranteed 5*

The tickets? I'd use them on the 31st if you'd like to pull them when Power Yoruichi, Tensa Zangetsu, and FH White Ichigo are in the premium pool

Kakaroach

I decided to go with mind instead of tech and got kinda screwed with swimsuit yoruichi and hitsugaya being the only good 2 options. While I was tempted with the seasonal character, I went with one of my favorite characters initially in Bleach.

He is still good right? I don't have great accessories for him but I'll get them eventually. Also, please Klab give us 3 star immuntable balls. I have all the 3 star accessories to boost up to 4 star.

I decided to go with mind instead of tech and got kinda screwed with swimsuit yoruichi and hitsugaya being the only good 2 options. While I was tempted with the seasonal character, I went with one of my favorite characters initially in Bleach.

He is still good right? I don't have great accessories for him but I'll get them eventually. Also, please Klab give us 3 star immuntable balls. I have all the 3 star accessories to boost up to 4 star.

He's old but still a great boss killer.

You can buy immutable balls in the medal exchange, they're pretty cheap as well.

Dragner

Started this game the othet day after rerolling a bit and got an account with FB Ichigo, Anni Ichigo, Ginjo, 6 arms Nnoitra,Riruka and Grimmjow(the good one). Set to go^^.

Kakaroach

He's old but still a great boss killer.

You can buy immutable balls in the medal exchange, they're pretty cheap as well.
Holy crap you're a life saver! I got all the 3 star stamina accessories where I need them to be now. Thanks!

Book farming is pretty meh. Much better than usual but still pretty terrible for the time invested.

Holy crap you're a life saver! I got all the 3 star stamina accessories where I need them to be now. Thanks!

Book farming is pretty meh. Much better than usual but still pretty terrible for the time invested.

No problem, glad to help! Pretty sure they were added when books and powders were added to the medal exchange so the immutable balls got overshadowed .

Yeah books are still a problem. Have you tried the 2nd anniversary quests? The single player lottery has a chance to give a book and the co-op quests can drop books as well.

Dragner

Wow, your account is stacked! Welcome!

Here's my ID if you want to add me, 32 625 975

Added you.

Yeah I am really lucky. Today I got Haizen also on the freebie pull and still have 2.5k orbs with a lot to farm for the second stage of the anniversary. Tempted to save until powercreep comes.

Added you.

Yeah I am really lucky. Today I got Haizen also on the freebie pull and still have 2.5k orbs with a lot to farm for the second stage of the anniversary. Tempted to save until powercreep comes.

Added! Congrats, I still haven't gotten anything off the free singles, KLAB please.

I see you got Parasol Ukitake from the Heart Attribute Selection, that's a good choice since he's a seasonal

I wasted most of my orbs for Anniversary Ichigo so I'm probably just going to get to Step 6 next round and be done with it.

chrono01

Started this game the othet day after rerolling a bit and got an account with FB Ichigo, Anni Ichigo, Ginjo, 6 arms Nnoitra,Riruka and Grimmjow(the good one). Set to go^^.
Insane start man, congrats!

FB Ichigo - Tech PVE/PVP God.

Anniversary Ichigo - PVE God, that can do decently well in PVP.

Ginjo - Super-useful (rare) link, and an interesting character to play as.

Nnoitora - One of the strongest Power characters at the moment, his only other rival being FB Uryu. Great for PVE as well as PVP.

Riruka - Ranged Tech God, usable for PVE, PVP, as well as Extreme Co-Op (due to her range and weakening).

Grimmjow - One of (if not the) strongest Mind characters in-game, once again with a useful link. Might not see a lot of use in PVP, as people tend to stick with RGB attributes, but you can definitely use him there if you want.

So yeah, excellent start. There are people playing for a year that don't have the well-rounded team you have. Nicely done. I'll be sure to add you next time I log on.

So manga characters are coming.... How do you guys farm for orbs? I'm gonna need a lot ...

Log in for the orbs, do the daily orders (5 orbs), max level characters (including Raid characters), complete Story quests (5 each stage), complete events with their respective orders.

Dragner

Added! Congrats, I still haven't gotten anything off the free singles, KLAB please.

I see you got Parasol Ukitake from the Heart Attribute Selection, that's a good choice since he's a seasonal

I wasted most of my orbs for Anniversary Ichigo so I'm probably just going to get to Step 6 next round and be done with it.

Yeah my other choices werent great, in the end it was between him and sode and went for the rare character. Also Ukitake is one of my favs captains.

Still trying to get a grip on character development and accesories.

Top Bottom