• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

When I get Abby all of you are going to get it

TheSpoiler's phone in 24 hours:

fPiQ3Qw.jpg

SephLuis

GGs Omni.

Not sure why our connection was unstable today, varying between 2 and 4 bars.

That last fight I was sure I had it when I made the input for fuha EX and it came out the light version D=

MCD250

Capcom should retcon Cody's backstory to say that he's actually only been pretending to be in jail all this time and that he just stole the uniform he wears from the set of a 1920s period movie.

Numb

You know, the memes on Kappa that aren't just lazy "fuck sfv" or "dbfz's cocksleeve" pics are actually hilarious.

Speaking of which, the delays have given us a scheduling problem for the characters.

With no further delays, Menat should be out in September (alongside MvCI) and Zeku will be out in November. This means there will only be a month between S2 and S3, assuming Sagat (if he's first) comes out in December. Doesn't something seem wrong with that?

I think Capcom would be better off holding Menat back a month (so MvCI has a bit more room to breathe, because God knows it needs it) and pushing Zeku up one, so that both characters launch simultaneously in October.
Left behind jokes won't make me laugh
One day

Mike M

Nick N
We accept Convict Cody only.

Convict Cody if it's his SF4 second alternate costume that has an actual prison jumpsuit and not... whatever the fuck that outfit was supposed to be.

Capcom should retcon Cody's backstory to say that he's actually only been pretending to be in jail all this time and that he just stole the uniform he wears from the set of a 1920s period movie.

Seriously. I don't think there's a default costume I hate more than that stupid getup.

Did this interview get posted? I thought it was pretty nice
Great interview!!!! Tks for posting. As we've been discussing, just need that defense boosts and for players to earn the 50/50 situations a bit more and not have so many derp CC buttons. Capcom has been silent on balance for a while. They may just knock it out the park for Season 3.

With Evo hype, and old returning favorites like Sagat and Sakura, I think it might be SFV's best year in 2018, which ironically is when the game was pegged to releases without Sony helping with some funding.

It's kinda baffling to see some people complaining on twitter that Capcom is doing maintenance the same day a character is releasing, and that they should do their maintenance the day before instead.

It's kinda baffling to see some people complaining on twitter that Capcom is doing maintenance the same day a character is releasing, and that they should do their maintenance the day before instead.

To be fair, it is kinda disingenuous to do that. I remember Ed technically didn't come out until like two hours after his release date. If I were Capcom, I'd do the maintenance about 8 hours earlier than they normally do.

Edit: Oh shit I'm a member now!
Now I just have to get tagged...

joe2187

Banned
TFW you play for 45 mins on character trials, and then get to the last trial, complete it after so many tries and then your internet goes out before it can register the completion

jrqgO.gif

VariantX

I think it's the length of the maintenances that bug folks more than anything. Most of the games I play online don't have any downtime whatsoever except when something goes horribly wrong. Most likely server congestion being the culprit. Have fond memories of not being able to play FFXIV for several days due to overwhelmed game severs and nightmarish login queues. Capcom shuts it down for 1/4 of a day just to add content.

To be fair, it is kinda disingenuous to do that. I remember Ed technically didn't come out until like two hours after his release date. If I were Capcom, I'd do the maintenance about 8 hours earlier than they normally do.

I think it's the length of the maintenances that bug folks more than anything. Most of the games I play online don't have any downtime whatsoever except when something goes horribly wrong. Most likely server congestion being the culprit. Have fond memories of not being able to play FFXIV for several days due to overwhelmed game severs and nightmarish login queues. Capcom shuts it down for 1/4 of a day just to add content.

I mean, I totally get that the maintenance is always weirdly long, and that for some people it's at really awkward times. Those are totally legit complaints. The baffling one are the ones who are saying things like "Why does Capcom always do maintenance the same day a new character is dropping? They should get their maintenance done earlier in the month." It's just... What do you people think they're doing maintenance for? If they do maintenance every time they drop a new character or stage or whatever, how have you not figured this out yet?

Omni you wanna play SFIV?
not tonight bro, I'm tired as hell...but Tks for reminding me, installing now

What's your PSn btw?

Just noticed that its actually cheaper using FM for characters. Stages are 70K one and done, but getting a character, you get what 50K back by doing their trials, story, easy/normal/hard survival.

Hmmm I might get Abigail maybe.

I really want Zangief's #5 default color (Brock Lesnar black tights), but I just can't do Survival anymore.

For some variety I tried out some Vega and Ed in casuals, for a change of pace from Gief.

I am not very good with Vega or Ed, lmao XD

I need to stop watching LowTierGod compilations.

I can feel my blood pressure rising.
gtab

Top Bottom