• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I remember when people said Blizzard should rotate Naxx and Goblins to ensure power creep doesn't happen.

Then they released Pirate Warrior.

Tacitus_

Reverse Power creep is exactly what this game needs to stay fresh! LOL

35238.png

Blizzard

Banned
What if the cards we've seen thus far are some of the best Knights of the Frozen Throne has to offer.

Designers at Blizzard are just reading the reactions sadly, wondering why people are so disappointed with these excellent options.

*edit* Remember when Un'goro released and everyone got a free gold Arcanosaur that was fun putting in random decks? That was good fun and I wish something like that would happen again. Unfortunately since the preorder is already up I'm assuming it won't.

TankUP

Love watching all the reddit crybabies melting down.

We will know every card soon enough. Saying you're quitting the game because you have to wait a little longer to be spoiled?

Fucking lol

wiibomb

*edit* Remember when Un'goro released and everyone got a free gold Arcanosaur that was fun putting in random decks? That was good fun and I wish something like that would happen again. Unfortunately since the preorder is already up I'm assuming it won't.

that happened about 2 or 3 days before the expansion release, it was fun and I hope they do it again, there is still time for a reveal like that.

Love watching all the reddit crybabies melting down.

We will know every card soon enough. Saying you're quitting the game because you have to wait a little longer to be spoiled?

Fucking lol

I usually upvote those threads, there is a part of me that just wants to see reddit on fire lol.

Nice of blizzard to get the arena cards out of the way

It's also a nerf to cards that generate deathrattles, which we know 1 of already. You'll actually see this card in constructed for that reason.

Also, it's not the worst card ever tbh. You probably do want to kill it off in a single turn which can make things a bit awkward if no 6 attack minions are being played. But if you do trade up before playing a minion it's not bad. Also maybe you're playing a minion lite deck and a 5/6 for 4 mana isn't bad.

I JUST BEAT A PIRATE WARRIOR WITH DREADLOCK! YEAH!

Actually, if the rumors about us getting "Auras" to play on the board are true, then Dreadlock might become a legitimate archetype. It just needs something to make the Dreadsteeds better than 1/1s, because right now I get a full board, my opponent plays N'Zoth or a Kazakus Potion, and it doesn't even matter - lol!

It's also a nerf to cards that generate deathrattles, which we know 1 of already. You'll actually see this card in constructed for that reason.

Gotta love playing Wild and not having to deal with the shitty ones. :-D

TankUP

Finally get a decent arena deck and go 8-0. Then I face a Jade Druid (Jade Idol into coin Blossom into Jade Spirit into Jade Spirit, in arena WTF) and two insanely spell heavy mage decks. Every time I get ahead it's time for them to bust out their unlimited AOE.

What a waste of a couple of hours.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Finally a new card
rlpYzIk.jpg

I was wondering when we would finally get the ability to summon cards onto the opponent's side.

sibarraz

Banned

So I somehow ended with this deck in Arena.

I don't feel like I will reach 12 wins with this, but at least I lived the dream of playing medivh, then antonidas, and seeing my opponent waste all his removales before I played Archimage.

He even played an elise who gave him a kalimos and still lost

Kind of hard to believe just how upset people are about the reveal today. It's not like it hasn't been a slow trickle in the past. It's not like we aren't going to be getting new cards every single day until release.

Just doesn't seem worth getting upset about.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Kind of hard to believe just how upset people are about the reveal today. It's not like it hasn't been a slow trickle in the past. It's not like we aren't going to be getting new cards every single day until release.

Just doesn't seem worth getting upset about.

I mean getting upset about it is silly but it's a surprisingly awful reveal after waiting a few weeks after announcement.

Well, for people that are upset with Blizzard, this should appease you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6pcuig/suggestions_for_how_to_reveal_an_expansion/dkod26x/

Thanks for post! I just posted this response in another thread, but reposting here:

We originally had a few more card reveals for today, but the card reveals were all with partners and they unfortunately couldn't happen today due to a variety of issues. But good news! There will be two more card reveals tonight, so please look forward to them. There will also be more card reveals happening every day this week!

Blizzard

Banned
It'd be nice if they said WHERE these would be revealed, so when people post screenshots of a card they can also include the source link so we have a better chance of telling if it's fake. :p

Blizzard

Banned
6 arena runs in a row, still offered mage 0 times. That's down to a 9% chance of happening.

My latest run, 2 of the first 4 opponents were mages, and they were back to back. :(

Note that I KNOW you can do well with other classes such as paladin (which I wasn't offered in my previous run), but I just want the choice sometimes, darnit.

Blizzard

Banned
I figured I might as well play shaman since I sort of know shaman, since the game is preventing me from playing arena mage 6 times in a row.

Second game in, I face yet another mage. Blizzard, firelands portal, primordial glyph.

Meanwhile my shaman deck was offered 0 evolves and 0 bloodlusts. But hey, at least I managed to pick up a maelstrom portal. >_>

Tagyhag

I feel like they would never make a card like that for something that's not a brawl or adventure.

They already don't want to mess with card destruction.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
I've never seen so many bad players at rank 4/5 before. The amount of misplays and missed lethals is honestly surprising. I'm just having fun with my inconsistent elemental priest deck but I've been gifted some wins due to terrible play and also lost games despite terrible play (see pirate warrior who can win despite numerous misplays).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
soooo, just ran into a bug where the opponent's hero portrait just never showed up

there was just an empty space on the board where it was supposed to be

if I wasn't getting stomped that game anyway, I probably would have been pissed because that meant his face was untargetable

Seems solid to me. 3 mana 2/3 that destroys a minion provided you have something on the board.

Rogue is quickly approaching absurd levels of removal.

Edit: Oh, it's Combo not Battlecry. Probably a bit less solid then.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm going to throw out a wild guess that maybe the Frost Knight Rogue power makes combo powers activate no matter whether they're a combo or not.

soooo, just ran into a bug where the opponent's hero portrait just never showed up

there was just an empty space on the board where it was supposed to be

if I wasn't getting stomped that game anyway, I probably would have been pissed because that meant his face was untargetable
That is kind of hilarious and I've never even heard of that bug. YOU CANNOT HIT WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE

Seems solid to me. 3 mana 2/3 that destroys a minion provided you have something on the board.

Rogue is quickly approaching absurd levels of removal.

Edit: Oh, it's Combo not Battlecry. Probably a bit less solid then.
You don't need something on the board. Have you heard about the cool minions Patches and stonetusk boar? ;p

wiibomb

IpoSv2F_d.jpg

Plague Scientist: (3) 2/3
Combo: Give a friendly minion Poisonous
Making the poisonous keyword is already making work on the design space, I'm glad. Good card, i like it, it can put serious work with a cheap token like swashburglar, patches, etc.

Edit: damn, its combo... hmmm, not so good, expensive and needs another card

Top Bottom