• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 trademarks "Lady Layton", "Inazuma Eleven Ares" & more in EU (L5V leaks ahoy)

yoonshik

Level-5 has filed various trademarks such as "Lady Layton" and "Inazuma Eleven Ares" in Europe.

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-20.png

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-25.png

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-31.png

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-37.png

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-42.png

1469476573-captura-de-pantalla-2016-07-25-a-las-21-55-47.png

Source: EUIPO

georly

Lady layton? Uhhhhh

Alright. Wonder if layton is in a mentoring role of if this is an alternate universe where the cast is genderbent?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Lady layton? Uhhhhh

Alright. Wonder if layton is in a mentoring role of if this is an alternate universe where the cast is genderbent?

I'm assuming it's one of his relatives or descendants.

Adventure games are also very popular among women, and Level 5 hasn't had a game with a leading woman in quite some time, so this is a logical avenue to go for that kind of market expansion.

Rymuth

Dammit, I wanted to watch Level-5 vision and be surprised! :p

Imagine seeing the live reaction on GAF when we would've seen female Layton.

georly

I'm assuming it's one of his relatives or descendants.

Adventure games are also very popular among women, and Level 5 hasn't had a game with a leading woman in quite some time, so this is a logical avenue to go for that kind of market expansion.

Yeah i'm all for it, this sounds amazing, just... lady layton is a lazy title, unless lady is her title because she's of some form of nobility.

But to strictly call it 'yeah this is layton but also a girl' is dumb, I think.

Also, i forgot layton apparently had a son and he got an IOS game? How did that work? Who did he end up having a kid with?

It'd be rad if this was about layton's mom or something.

Lady Layton? No Professor Luke? :(

Does anyone know what YO-KAI DAJITEN stands for?

I'm very curious about Otme Hero and Megaton Musashi.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah i'm all for it, this sounds amazing, just... lady layton is a lazy title, unless lady is her title because she's of some form of nobility.

But to strictly call it 'yeah this is layton but also a girl' is dumb, I think.

Also, i forgot layton apparently had a son and he got an IOS game? How did that work? Who did he end up having a kid with?

It'd be rad if this was about layton's mom or something.

Well, I mean, it's a British setting with a historical aristocracy vibe about it.

The name Lady Layton would fit a character quite well in that setup.

Ydelnae

Maybe Inazuma Eleven Ares is the localized name for Galaxy in here, it's weird that we didn't get that even though the anime aired and games sold decently.

Lady Layton sounds like something that'll get Hino's target demographic back again. For Curious Village, the intended audience for Layton was ladies. Not surprised.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gera gera po

Geeera gera po

Gera gera po

Geeeera gera po

Flashbacks to being in Tokyo and listening to this song coming out of every single 7-Eleven.

georly

Well, I mean, it's a British setting with a historical aristocracy vibe about it.

The name Lady Layton would fit a character quite well in that setup.

Hope this is the case, that it's her title. My first reading of it was lazy on my part not considering this option, so it came off as worse than is probably intended.

Lady Layton? No Professor Luke? :(

Does anyone know what YO-KAI DAJITEN stands for?

I'm very curious about Otme Hero and Megaton Musashi.

I've always felt Luke should take up the mystery solving game.

I always hate how some media always gives the mantle of stuff to blood relatives like skills can be passed genetically.

I'm looking at you various Batman media.

GSR

Legitimately curious as to if Lady Layton (LL?) will be mobile or if they're going to keep the "main" games on 3DS.

Of course, they could also release on both.

maxcriden

Lady layton? Uhhhhh

Either would be awesome if it more traditional Layton! (I presume the former, though.)

--

BTW, am I imagining things or did we get the sense from the most recent tidbits about Layton that it will be on 3DS/NX/some kind of Nintendo HH?

Legitimately curious as to if Lady Layton (LL?) will be mobile or if they're going to keep the "main" games on 3DS.

Of course, they could also release on both.

I'm probably way too pessimistic, but I think the Layton series is done on Nintendo hardware. The sales dropped so much with each entry after 3 that I'm just assuming everything is mobile now.

Top Bottom