• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Matsukaze

Ultra Despair Girls is... definitely not a good reflection of the series as a whole.

But if that's someone's only exposure to DR, I would not wonder why interest would be low lol.

A.J.

Banned
Silly Liam, you think you can tempt me with that 5 hour Danganronpa V3 stream.

Good thing my willpower will hold out until I play the game myself.

Yup, no temptation here...

None whatsoever...
Yeah, I was tempted too. I'm also disappointed Liam and Woolie aren't doing a secret get together let's play for it.

Fat4all

Banned
DangOleGrandpa 1 and 2 were really good

so good that I started watching Liams stream and then immediately shut it off because I want to play it myself and didn't want spoilers of any sort

gonna pick it up today

A.J.

Banned
DangOleGrandpa 1 and 2 were really good

so good that I started watching Liams stream and then immediately shut it off because I want to play it myself and didn't want spoilers of any sort

gonna pick it up today
How are you getting it early?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Woolie mentions "B Rabbit" in this, and I vaguely recall a mention or two of it in the past too. Anyone able to tell me what he's referring to?

Because the only "B Rabbit" I know is the Chain B-Rabbit in Pandora Hearts and I'm pretty sure he's not referring to that.

He's probably not, but shout out to you for also thinking about that B-Rabbit!

Woolie mentions "B Rabbit" in this, and I vaguely recall a mention or two of it in the past too. Anyone able to tell me what he's referring to?

Because the only "B Rabbit" I know is the Chain B-Rabbit in Pandora Hearts and I'm pretty sure he's not referring to that.

Eminem/8 Mile joke - He went by B Rabbit (Bunny Rabbit) because he was quick in the sheets and hooked up a lot.

Strimei

He's probably not, but shout out to you for also thinking about that B-Rabbit!

Thanks! Love Pandora Hearts (and really enjoying Vanitas now too). Always happy to see others out there that know of it! :)

Eminem/8 Mile joke - He went by B Rabbit (Bunny Rabbit) because he was quick in the sheets and hooked up a lot.

Ahh gotcha.

Strange that 8 Mile has come up twice for me tonight.

Strimei

I had no idea they started another manga! Gonna pick that the fuck up when next time I get a free minute!

Hah, glad I could inform you of it then! Yeah, its called (translated title anyway) Case Study of Vanitas. It involves vampires, which I was worried might be a bit meh since they're so overdone, but I have really enjoyed it thus far. And Mochizuki's artwork just continues to get better and better.

*Best Friends finally play Rabbit

*Expect the comment section to be filled with the best worst jojokes

*Get a bunch of "take that crapcom" comments instead

Anyone ever watch The Mick? It's like Always Sunny if Dee was a nanny (like the Always Sunny episode).

There's an episode where the little kid in the family has an imaginary friend named Omikron. Can't wait to see where this ends up. Hopefully he finds a giant Koopy or whatever they were called, haha.

I keep thinking
needle scene coming any minute now
. Gonna have to look away for that scene...

Would likely be tomorrow's episode. From there it's a quick jaunt to the marker and the final boss.

Actually tomorrow might be the last episode if they make it a slightly longer one.

I kinda hope pat fucks it up intentionally, just holds down the mouse button and let it lower down. It's a great kill.

Oh man they're getting near the end of Dead Space 2 :D

Bye Ellie

Isaac did the right thing though
Honestly, aside from keeping Stross around too long, most of Isaac's decisions were pretty good. And even the Stross one is pretty understandable because the poor psychotic bastard wasn't really conveying "face your inner guilt" - if he had, Isaac and Ellie could've cut him loose way before the eye gouging.

It's consistently hilarious how nonplussed they are by the insanity sections.

Pat was right, the filter warns you that this section isn't real. It's only the actual shock ones before the filter really kicks in (like when you're on the Ishimura and the Brute comes through the window) that get you.

The first spooky "girlfriend" moment in DS2 works because you're not ready. All of them past that you can tell are fake bullshit where nothing bad happens to you.

And yeah, they do it too many times, other than the ending to DS2 that
copies DS1 but is "real" which I feel works too. He found happiness/reality this time.

I think the core problem with the hallucinations is that they aren't really scary, and the player has probably never cared about Nicole enough for them to be emotional. So, they're just sort of there.

They would have been better off just doing something low-key and subtle, the in-your-face stuff just feels overwrought if it doesn't resonate. Like, if she had a few appearances that were unobtrusive enough the player wasn't even sure if they actually saw her or not, suddenly the question of "am I seeing things?" becomes interesting rather than academic ("yes I am").

Disgraced

Like, if she had a few appearances that were unobtrusive enough the player wasn't even sure if they actually saw her or not, suddenly the question of "am I seeing things?" becomes interesting rather than academic ("yes I am").
That could've been pretty damn cool. Nicole actually works for me though. She doesn't scare me, but those scenes engage me, and I credit the perfomances. The audio department in all the Dead Space games is awesome, and the VO is no exception.

The cinematography is really clever for the constraints it works in as well.

What's the Jaguar noise Matt keeps complaining about being used for explosions and fire and stuff? I can only think of one jaguar stock noise and I don't recall it being used for fire and explosions.

Top Bottom