• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I took everyone I have a burst or otherwise particularly useful SB for to 99.

There are a few who are worth using an MC3 on just for the RM (Echo, Luneth, Golbez, Cloud, Vaan), but not many.

I go to 99 for anyone with an RM that has a 30-40% damage buff for anything. Truthseeker, Spear of Gran Pulse, Love's Wake, the Ninja one from Edge, Witch's Cackle, I use those things like every single fight practically. They are my go-to RMs when I'm not using Mako Might.

friz898

Hello Folks.

I have 40 99's, so not going to write it out. On the reverse, I have very little or no eggs. I usually level them up on Sundays by themselves, where every 120 stamina is like 2-3 levels for them.

Unfortunately, we don't get some kind of buff based on how many 99's we have, so I don't win anything having so many.

My initial strategy was like one poster above, I had a balance for all realms. After having 3 in most realms I started paying more attention to what relics they could offer.

Oh and screw Tyro. :) (he's 99, sigh)

friz898

So I think I have 30 mythril and not looking to waste real money, so I probably won't do anything other than a 100gem pull.

But what are the top prizes tomorrow?

Glad so many people like Kain, as a kid when FFIV(2) came out on Snes, i couldn't buy it, but rented it like every weekend and i did the Decil/Kain and Rydia-child bit so many times. I thought Kain was such a bad ass. I never really trusted him at the end. Years later when I played the new translation on the NDS I paid a lot of attention to the whole Golbez/Kain stuff changes.

Uh late spoiler alert!

Balphon

The +30% weapon damage RMs are good in general, but the usefulness of each will depend on the weapons you have. For most, the best are the ones for Cloud (sword) and Vaan (dagger). The +ATK ones are less valuable since (a) the ATK softcap is easier to hit and (b) the best one is still Dragoon's Determination.

The +35%/40% ability school ones are even better, but more restrictive, and there isn't one for Combat. The best of them are probably ninja (Edge) due to the low stat cap on ninja magic and darkness (D. Cecil) since it also works for magic darkness abilities.

The mage RMs are different since the ability school ones are smaller and/or more restrictive. The +30% black magic ones (Shantotto/Matoya) require a staff, and the summoning (Yuna), darkness (D. Cecil), and witch (Rapha) ability schools are pretty small compared to black magic. The general black magic one (Rinoa) is also weaker at +25%. As noted above, though, darkness is +40%, which is nice.

Moreover, given the fact that the magic softcap is high enough that you're likely to only edge up to it with a well-geared mage who is also nearing the buff cap, the +MAG RMs tend to be pretty good. The best of these is still Devotion, but its downsides are much worse than that of Dragoon's Determination. As such, the most broadly useful RMs are the ones for Echo (+15% MAG, auto-blind), Golbez (+13% MAG/DEF with rod), Seymour (+13% MAG/DEF with staff), and Papalymo (+13% MAG/RES with rod). All of those put you basically right at the buff cap when combined with three +30% MAG buffs, so they fit in pretty nicely and lack Devotion's big downsides.

Mastered FFVII 250 torment! Getting OK support unlocked and Irvine up to 99 was difference from previous runs. Cant do CM til I get a mass heal for the realm.

Syntsui

Damn 220 is hard, I tried without MBlink nor Last Stand and Ixion wiped me when he was around 20% HP. That Yuna USB might be the most important relic from now on, I'm thinking about pulling for it...

Edit: Got it, L-O-L.

Damn 220 is hard, I tried without MBlink nor Last Stand and Ixion wiped me when he was around 20% HP. That Yuna USB might be the most important relic from now on, I'm thinking about pulling for it...

Edit: Got it, L-O-L.

The relic or the boss? :)

I used Tidus, Kimahri, Tyro, Onion Knight, and Ysh'tola with Ramza RW. I saved my first Shout until Valefor was almost dead, using Tidus and Kimahri's BSB to erase slow. Once he was almost dead I hit Shout to erase Slow from everyone else.

For Ifrit I hit VoF as well, and just chain Blizzaga'ed / Lifesiphoned him down while building up SB gauges.

For Ixion I had Heathen Frolic already casting when we transitioned so it hit him immediately, recast shell, VoF, Wall, and RW Shout, and then hit Tidus's chain. At this point Tidus and Kimahri both had 2 full gauges, so I opened with Tidus' water chain, which was followed up by Kimahri's BSB, and on the next turn I hit Tidus' BSB and Kimahri's BSB again (this gave 2 stacks of Imperil Water), and not too long before they were doing 9999 / hit and Ixion kinda melted.

Took me a few attempts of dying before I got it down.

Syntsui

The relic or the boss? :)

I used Tidus, Kimahri, Tyro, Onion Knight, and Ysh'tola with Ramza RW. I saved my first Shout until Valefor was almost dead, using Tidus and Kimahri's BSB to erase slow. Once he was almost dead I hit Shout to erase Slow from everyone else.

For Ifrit I hit VoF as well, and just chain Blizzaga'ed / Lifesiphoned him down while building up SB gauges.

For Ixion I had Heathen Frolic already casting when we transitioned so it hit him immediately, recast shell, VoF, Wall, and RW Shout, and then hit Tidus's chain. At this point Tidus and Kimahri both had 2 full gauges, so I opened with Tidus' water chain, which was followed up by Kimahri's BSB, and on the next turn I hit Tidus' BSB and Kimahri's BSB again (this gave 2 stacks of Imperil Water), and not too long before they were doing 9999 / hit and Ixion kinda melted.

Took me a few attempts of dying before I got it down.

Got the relic, I'm building another team for the challenge right now. I'll focus on PHY dps and I'll go with 2 healers, let's see what happens.

friz898

I beat it yesterday, made a post about it, if it can be of any use.

Not having Native wall, I had no choice for my RW, and my strategy was Kill all 3 before they somehow get through Edge blink, Firion Blink, and Relm Last stand. Also deployment tactics did a TON of damage. I used Alphi as a second healer as well. Used up a fully honed curaise and Relm stayed in BSB mode the entire fight because I would have to recast Last stand the very moment it was available.

Edit: And ya, I would love to have Yuna's relic. I saw it in MP and it turned a probable death at about 30% of boss's life to everybody being healed, rez'ed etc. Everybody went nuts with the stamps, it was a major game changer. I was like 'whoa'.

Syntsui

Dude, Yuna is the best character in the game bar none, holy shit that relic completely removed the difficulty of the fight. I'm in love with her lol.

I did it with Orlandu (BSB and OSB), Agrias (BSB and breakdown SSB), Yuna (USB), Vanille (USB and BSB) and Vaan (BSB).

Someone died? Yuna will ressurect. Oh no they have low HP and will die in the next attack!!! Doesn't matter they have Last Stand. But their HP is very low after the attack!!! Fuck that noise, Vanille has instant Curaja.

Vaan BSB + Orlandu Breakdown C1 + Agrias Breakdown SSB made sure they wouldn't hit too hard and believe it or not, RW Wall was important and will keep being important until every single attack ignores it.

WarAdept

Fuck I should've checked the missions list before completing the current X event.

Kimahri CM vs Biran and Yenke.

Wasted 15 stammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Credo

I don't follow this game closely anymore, so I would really appreciate if someone could answer a question for me. What are some of the best upcoming banners to pull on? I've built back up to about 270 mythril now since the end of the Orbfest, and I'm getting the itch to pull at least once sometime soon I think. Thanks in advance!

Rubenov

I don't follow this game closely anymore, so I would really appreciate if someone could answer a question for me. What are some of the best upcoming banners to pull on? I've built back up to about 270 mythril now since the end of the Orbfest, and I'm getting the itch to pull at least once sometime soon I think. Thanks in advance!

That's always a hard question to answer because with gacha, no one wants to recommend you pull somewhere and then get a crappy SB/11. Best is to look at the upcoming banners and decide for yourself. You can use this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/689kiq/upcoming_event_banners/

That said, the recommendation for F2P players is to hoard mythril for Lucky Draws and Fests (of which Extreme Fest is the next one coming in a few weeks), due to 1) your mythril getting a better bang for the buck in the case of lucky draws and 2) a better chance of pulling BSB+ relics on fests.

friz898

it also depends on what you have/need.

I have a ton of holy, medicas, and debuff/buff type soulbreak.

There are some here who cant get a holy relic to save their life.

An easy answer would be to pull on this FF10 banner and chase Yuna USB...that being said the would 'chase' and 'banner' in the same sentence is asking for disappointment.

Edge had last Stand with dismissal and a water sharpshooter ability.

Tidus had lifesiphon and powerchain. Had his bsb.

Last Stand was super critical.

Ramza came in wit shout and occasionally tailwind.

Tg cid osb for the first two aeons.

Yuna healed.

Xetherion

Spherimorph CM and Apoc Aeons both down on first attempt.

Copied the mage team from War Adept for the CM, since i have Braska's Summoner's Dream. I used a RW VoF though, don't know why War used Ley Lines when the faithga and quickcast parts of it are redundant with Summoner's Dream. The extra damage from VoF's Swiftspell was also probably necessary since I don't have Tiny Bee. I also used R4 Leviathan on Seymour instead of Watera, 20k dmg per cast>10k dmg. Finished with 3 dead due to horribly timed counters from the boss, but still got Mastery (barely).

For the Apoc fight, my main team of

Raines bsb
Fujin enWind ssb>bsb
Tyro Wall
Vanille bsb
OK bsb

continues to melt everything with ease. I had everyone equipped with Slow resist and hit Valefor with Affliction Break, fuck your Sonic Wings. Ixion was a bit of pain since he kept removing Haste, but still took him down with everyone alive thanks to a last second insta-cast bsb from Fujin.

Anustart

This god damn slow this guy puts on you is fucking ridiculous. Procs constantly, and slow seems to bring you to 1/1024 of your normal speed so it's pretty much a fucking death sentence.

With how shaky my relation with the game currently is, going on a super shit streak of 100 gems is not helping. Fuck gachas right now, they all fuck me over real good these past weeks.

friz898

This god damn slow this guy puts on you is fucking ridiculous. Procs constantly, and slow seems to bring you to 1/1024 of your normal speed so it's pretty much a fucking death sentence.

I didn't have much trouble with the Slow that you and one or two above you mentioned.

It's probably because he killed himself on me with Deployment Tactics, and since I RW wall, he was simple compared to when I beat Ixion with no wall.

Also, Rad, I used Edge the exact same way. I broght him for the SSB, but I gave him Dismissal (which landed on Valefor a few times) and Ifrit, and then for the medal and no other reason, I landed Hydroburst for about 6k dmg a turn. I think I was using the Water RM as well.

MrDaravon

Got Rosa's Unique Elven Bow on my 100-gem pull. I already have her SSB but it's something and it's a raise medica so whatever, I'll take it for a dollar.

Have enough for one mythril 11-pull, been planning on pulling on this for MONTHS as I have literally nothing for physical SBs in FF4 other than some shitty D.Cecil SSB (and Edward's Imperil Holy if that counts).

I get 1/11 Elven Bow.

I think this the first time the game has actually legitimately made me angry.

Pulled one time cause I really wanted Ceodore's BSB to complement my already ridiculous holy team. Was bummed when i saw 2/11 with 1 being disco ball OSB because it seemed kinda generic for an OSB and it meant i was probably SoL on Ceodore, but much to my surprise it was the other item!

Whiff on 3-pull. Time to save for 1 pull each on next VI event. Wont have anything for fest. Gotta do a better job saving for next fest.

Sorry about your Elven Bow dude.

Got Yang's SSB and BSB with my 11 pull. This game loves giving me Monk stuff. I love Monks though, so I'm happy with them. (Yang is cool too.) I really needed physical synergy for FFIV too, so this will definitely help.

I did want some stuff for Kain, but both his relics from this event are in the next FFIV event, on an even better banner, so I'll wait to try again until then.

Rubenov

Pulled one time cause I really wanted Ceodore's BSB to complement my already ridiculous holy team. Was bummed when i saw 2/11 with 1 being disco ball OSB because it seemed kinda generic for an OSB and it meant i was probably SoL on Ceodore, but much to my surprise it was the other item!

Have you seen the stats on Kain OSB (the actual armor)? Highest DEF in the game, decent magic resistance, and fire and ice (with synergy) resistance. Will be more than useful for the CM and Torment.

Also, if you have his BSB, the attacks count as dragon abilities for the purpose of the OSB and with enlightning, you should be seeing 99,999 easily.

Xetherion

100 gems: 3* trash

11 pull: 2/11, Yang's burst and Ceodore's burst! Kain's burst continues to elude me, but not complaining about that pull!

Anustart

Lol. 220 is just stupid. There's no way I'm beating it. We got the slow to start then ixion with constant full party dispel. Boosted weakness hits on ixion do 6k damage and he has 40000000000000000 life.

Game just went from fun to fuck you, whale to continue playing. Cya dena.

Lol. 220 is just stupid. There's no way I'm beating it. We got the slow to start then ixion with constant full party dispel. Boosted weakness hits on ixion do 6k damage and he has 40000000000000000 life.

I havent spent a cent on this game. Quit for over a year and mastered it. :/

friz898

Dunno why I pull on banners that have kain lance. Game will not give me lightning or holy relics. I'm about to quit.

No you're not Cuthb...er. Anustart.

I had both blinks going, but I didn't necssarily pay attention to what was doing it, since I got it.

I have both Arc and Edge as my Phys Blinks, you don't have either? I think you have more relics than me.

For Ixion, you REALLY need a physical blink. I was struggling too, and avoiding that AOE dispel plus stop really makes a difference in this fight. I could have mastered it, but I had two chars fall in the end. I don't care to go back.

friz898

100gem was 4star trash/dupe (it was already a 4+++ Crystal Sword)

The event was just whatever. Love FFIV and Red Wings music, but did not enjoy TAY at all and quit after about 10 hours in on PSP version.

I'll do the raids this morning, I'm almost to 50 mythril.

Do I go for Kain/Ceodore whatever on these two banners? Or do I go risk my luck on Yuna's USB?

I have about the same synergy on both.

Anustart

For Ixion, you REALLY need a physical blink. I was struggling too, and avoiding that AOE dispel plus stop really makes a difference in this fight. I could have mastered it, but I had two chars fall in the end. I don't care to go back.

Only physical blink I have is arc medica and he's level 65 and i need wall as well because I need to rw wall as well as native wall with yshtola and even then I can't keep wall up past ifrit.

friz898

Only physical blink I have is arc medica and he's level 65 and i need wall as well because I need to rw wall as well as native wall with yshtola and even then I can't keep wall up past ifrit.

Any last stand? I mean, I know you know to play and know your options, but if I did it, I'm sure you can easier than me.

I RW wall, and used it 1 time on Valefor, and 1 time on Ifrit. I didn't use any special resists. Just def/atk/mag/mnd rings.

Firion did decent dmg with his burst and breakdowns.
Edge did water, and his blink/last stand.

Maybe Arc, Wall, and RW deployment Tactics or Yuna USB?

I did Firion/Relm/O Knight/Alphi/Edge. I used Full Break, Magic Breakdown, LifeSiphon, and Power Breakdown between my two physical. Also I used Onion Slice for dmg and def/res debuff since Alphi was already doing the group buff that OK BSB is.

I also took Shellga, didn't always use it. Protectga I left at home.

I doubt anything in here is of use to you, but here's the post where I did it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237041427&postcount=5725

WarAdept

Post us a pic of your party setup. We can help.

Anustart

Lot of mythril coming up. Now I can pull on ff8 banner and not get squall.
vJVZtY1.png

Anyway, can see most of my 99s in this shot.

Have most skills honed to r2 or higher so if I need it I probably have it.

Notable bursts:

Snow, ok, ysh that I've been using for the fight.

Have squall enice and osb, bunch of ssbs. If I have a character to 99 I either have their burst or good ssb.

That is ALOT of wall usage. I have native wall, but I ended up only using it as a RW. I think you are not killing the Aeons fast enough. I went with Ramza on my team, so I had an attack boost and haste on command, I used it three times. I think this fight is designed around OSB usage. I had squall and cloud on my team, so I used Clouds BSB2 to finish off the first one, and I used Squall OSB to nearly finish Ifrit in a few rounds.

Final got Kain's burst!

Along with Ceodore burst, yangs burst

Ceodore's armor and rosa bow.

3 pulls. Couple of dupes mixed in.

I'm ok with this.

Rubenov

Final got Kain's burst!

Along with Ceodore burst, yangs burst

Ceodore's armor and rosa bow.

3 pulls. Couple of dupes mixed in.

I'm ok with this.

Nice bursts. I'm a little afraid of Yang's suicidal burst but it seems it can do crazy DPS, with its enEarth and coupled with Meteor strike.

And that 'complete' Ceodore should be good as well... enHoly - then Burst. Good thing he can Wrath.

I'm like "huh what issues?" But hey I'm not complaining about free mythril. :)

The issues they are talking about came from a few weeks ago during the Multiplayer campaign and the FFT event. Many users could not log into the game at all for days (I was effected). During that time I used android emulators so I would not miss out on the stuff, but this mytril does make things better :)

friz898

Out in car and on phone now so can't really focus on your setup Anustart, but I am still under the impressions you can do anything my non-leet ass can do.

Holy shit like 17 mythril to logon today.

Rubenov (or any banner experts). If you were to assume I have a little of everything (except only 1 water relic, and no wall) would you suggest a 50myth for one of these two banners or try my chances at Yuna's USB? My synergy is same on bob and I have a ton of medica but that Yuna stuff is big.

I have a lot of holy to include all of Agrias and Cecil stuff so I don't know that Ceodore is a big deal. I don't have but like 4 lighting relics but everybody here makes it sound like Kain gear is hard to get.

Top Bottom