• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Themes coming to PS4 in System Software 2.0?

viveks86

Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.

Thread title change incoming? (Please make it funny. I've had an awful day)

Melchiah

I have no need for themes, rarily used them on the PS3, I prefer my UI as minimalistic as possible. I'd like the background color to subtly change according to the time of day/year, like on the PS3.

Krakn3Dfx

Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.

That's unfortunate.

f211173ab91ffbbcfba5d77d1eda333d9cd1ec2d74167650d8aa40b370b9feb7_:original

Boke1879

Lol it's ok Sid ;)

on another note I know this isn't your area but could you at least mention to someone that there is frustration about the lack of these updates? The competition has things like suspend and resume and other basic features while we are still waiting.

mstevens

Can't you set it as a picture from the PS Mobile app now? I'm not sure how that works, since I assume the controlled avatar store is so people don't put boobs on there. Maybe it's for "real name" sharing users only? I just leave mine as it is since it's a premium one, chibi Histoire.

Did not know this. Changed it to a Cave Story picture I found, thanks. Only place where my actual avatar still shows is under my name (next to my username in the profile screen) but that's no big deal.

Nyoro SF

Well this thread is a pretty clear message. Personalization of our Sony hardware is an important thing. :)

I feel like stuff like folders and themes are obviously coming but they are taking a backseat to the features that were promised at the reveal like share play and system pause / resume. That's my hope anyway. Envious of the monthly updates that the One has bee getting.

Elios83

2.0 should be a pretty significant update.
Hopefully support for themes, folders and mp3 playback is in, among with the already announced features (like game sharing and Youtube upload).
Then the other missing features would be playback for personal videos, DLNA and standby/resume.
Then all the expected main OS features would be in.

Thank you, but I don't believe you. :)

Too much smoke, there has to be fire.

Much love!

This thread is hilarious. Sony peeps suggest a basic OS feature that should have been on PS4 day one, is finally coming.

Sony guy shows up to say "lol, nope".

RexNovis

Banned

That's disappointing. Really hope you guys can ramp up the content updates on PSN it's painfully slow right now.

This thread is hilarious. Sony peeps suggest a basic OS feature that should have been on PS4 day one, is finally coming.

... Wow way to rub salt in the wound dude. Not cool.

Konosuke

Sorry mate, you can't fool us. Both PSP 2.00 and PS3 2.00 introduced custom wallpapers.

On Demand

Banned

Not ready to announce it yet? :)

You need help.

Im still amazed Sony hasn't put a single avatar on the PS4's store yet.
or even give you the option of buying PS3 avatars.

I gave up waiting so I added all my friends real names and use whatever pic I want.

pelican

What a surprise.

Sony's update schedule for the PS4 is lethargic.

There is a probably chance we will hit the anniversary without any form of download pause button or management. One of the most basic features of any digital delivery system.

Mr.Mike

Is the 2.0 firmware going to be delayed now to add themes?

I actually like the current theme. I just really want DLNA support...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So this was interesting to me, I've never seen it happen:

I was playing TLOU and I launched a VIDEO APP (Crackle). And it said: The following application will be suspended...

And I said yes. I watched an episode of Seinfeld. I went back to TLOU and it just popped back to where it was.

Was it always like this?

Amir0x

Banned
But. We were so close.

well now they'll read this topic and maybe he'll go back and go "yo dudes maybe we should do this earlier than we thought"

and then if that works we should make a topic pretending that DLNA and mp3 support and suspend/resume was rumoured to be coming, and then when the Sony rep denies it he can do the same for that >:0

Although this is very positive regarding 2.0:

The announcement was made on Playstation Blog, however no details were shared about the Suspend/resume and DLNA/multimedia and other important features. Playstation 4 owners are not happy with this attitude of Sony and has let their frustration reach Sony via comment section on PS Blog.

Scott McCarthy, Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA has hinted that other fan requested features such as "Suspend/resume and DLNA/multimedia" might also arrive with PS4 firmware v2.00.

When user "Beckerjr" slammed Sony for not caring about Playstation fan feedback and just concentrating on social media features. Scott hinted there are more things coming with PS4 firmware 2.00 and Sony will talk about it closer to launch.

Beckerjr: "Sony asks for feedback all the time and then just ignores it with all of this endless share/Twitch/streaming stuff they are so focused on. Fixing the main UI so it doesn't just become and endlessly growing line of icons. Suspend/resume and DLNA/multimedia features the 8 year old PS3 can do. I could go on for a long time with things the PS4 desperately needs but Sony seems to only care about social media junk."

So...maybe Soony!

icespide

Banned

I was playing TLOU and I launched a VIDEO APP (Crackle). And it said: The following application will be suspended...

And I said yes. I watched an episode of Seinfeld. I went back to TLOU and it just popped back to where it was.

Was it always like this?

yep been that way since launch.

Mr.Mike

Was it always like this?

Netflix has always worked like this for me.

Top Bottom