• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Lineup: Drawn to Death, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, More

xrnzaaas

so PS+ giving us a F2P game as a freebie?

Because Drawn2Death is a F2P... right? because it felt like it during the beta (which was free and offered trophies even!)

That's not really shocking. In the past we got games rushed to make it into PS+ and released in a broken state or a single episode of an adventure game available for free elsewhere.

KiraXD

That's not really shocking. In the past we got games rushed to make it into PS+ and released in a broken state or a single episode of an adventure game available for free elsewhere.

lol oh jesus christ i forgot about Kings Quest Episode 1... i cant believe they offered that as the PS+ game that month... i mean, they gave us TWD season 2 complete... why only the first Kings Quest episode? that was some bullshit.

However... people saying GWG is any better... its... not really. i mean 50% of Aprils GWG games were on PS+ 1-4 years ago (TWD season2 was offered last year, and Darksiders was offered back in 2013 lmao)... so its not better... its about AS shitty as PS+

What a garbage lineup, maybe the worst month of all time. At least last month was good cuz yeesh.

1600 likes vs. 8300 dislikes right now :lol

Yep - normally we have at least that one interesting indie game or mid tier retail game that saves month but this time it's barren wasteland.

Hasney

I wonder when they are going to give Knack and Shadow Of Mordor GOTY Edition. They gonna deplete all the PS4 lineup and not give them.

I think they're finding that they don't need to anymore with the frequent sales. Probably think that if you're not going to buy Knack for single figure dollars, you don't want it.

so PS+ giving us a F2P game as a freebie?

Because Drawn2Death is a F2P... right? because it felt like it during the beta (which was free and offered trophies even!)

No, it's a paid game. Granted, not one that's even slightly worth my time for free, but it has a price nonetheless.

Bishop89

Drawn to death looks like the top game for me this month.

I'm not vomiting at the rest of the selection so wouldn't say it's a bad month, but I've seen much better..

JMY86

Ugh more garbage. I literally do not think that I have downloaded a single PS+ game in the last six months. Microsoft's offerings are world's better than this once again. Come on Sony...

2SeeKU

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is great as a co-op game, but as an Xbox GWG subscriber, this month is a let down.

i'm the guy who is normally always happy with the monthly games

but this time, i can't

for people who don't like multiplayer shooters and co-op games, this is really bad

lol oh jesus christ i forgot about Kings Quest Episode 1... i cant believe they offered that as the PS+ game that month... i mean, they gave us TWD season 2 complete... why only the first Kings Quest episode? that was some bullshit.

yeah that was some real bullshit

but i still can't hate, because that game was AMAZING and i would have missed it if not for plus

Played the beta for D2D. The shooting and abilities feel really good, and it shouldn't be the travesty that some are making it out to be.

My problem with the game was that it was almost impossible for me to find a match during the beta. I hope there are better systems in place now.

Slashlen

As someone who's PS+ expired yesterday, I'm perfectly fine with this lineup and I thank Sony for helping to validate my decision.

SebastianM

Seriously if it weren't for the upcoming PS4 exclusives I would've jumped ship a long time ago. XBL Gold offers such better value it's not even funny, plus I could be able to go online with my 360 again. Sigh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kjXy8v.gif

anddo0

Really questioning why I even pay for PS+ anymore.

-I don't play online anymore
-I'm caught up on most games I wanted to purchase (PC/PS4). So discounts/sales do little for me these days.. Also doesn't help that we're about to be taxed for PSN purchases.

Auto and cloud saves are nice I guess...

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Dont sleep on Lovers! It's a great couch co-op game, been playing through it with some buddies after it was on GWG.

overcast

I mean I'm not really looking forward to any of these games.

But there are just so many games out rn I can't really get up in arms about it.

Terrible line up for me. I usually try to give each game a look and I value just doing that even if I find nothing I like but the line-up this month makes me want to not even waste my data. Maybe I'll try Drawn to Death if I'm bored enough but I know I'm going to play one match and uninstall it next time I need storage.

PulseMC

Neo Member
This lineup is great solely because it will make Kyle Bosman talk about Drawn to Death again.

And maybe another jaffe meltdown

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy that like/dislike ratio is something. Imma stay unsubbed again, which is perfectly fine with me. No games I'm interested in at all.
It's crazy Sony still feeds the Vita/PS3 audience with this instead of finally focussing on PS4 classics and surprises.

Wondering that some seem to actually look forward to DtD, it looks like a borefest to me.

pswii60

I think Drawn to Death looks absolutely awful. So janky and I really hate that art style.

I haven't been interested in the monthly PS Plus games for a long while now. I remember when we used to get stuff like Outlast and Velocity 2X on launch.

Dont sleep on Lovers! It's a great couch co-op game, been playing through it with some buddies after it was on GWG.

It looks like it'll be some good manic fun to play with the kids.

I don't understand why Drawn to Death exists.

"We'll make a death match shooter!"
"But there are already like a million of them..."
"Yeah but ... we'll give it a sort of unique art style!"
"But there are already like a million of those as well, nobody cares"
"Yeah but ... we'll do it anyway!"
"Nobody will care so the multiplayer will be dead in a day"
"Well, we'll put it on PS+, it'll be a crazy, crazy week of people trying it out"
"People will download it, play it for 5 minutes and then go back to forums asking for knack. It'll last less than an hour"
"Sounds great, I'll start coding"

Compared to this month the April line-up is really, REALLY weak. There not being a single good AA game is disappointing. And Alien Rage is a 46 Metascore game, what the heck is that garbage doing in there.

By far the weakest month I can remember since I initially subscribed to PS+ in February 2015.

WITHE1982

Not very impressed by this month's line up TBH. I'll give D2D a try and If I can convince my wife to play Space time I'll give it a blast.

My subscription is up in 7 days and if I renew it'll be solely for the PS+ discounts and so I can play still Rocket League (PS+ version).

Joey Ravn

Banned
It's a heavily multiplayer-focused month. What a pity it just isn't for me. That ninja game is the only one I'm remotely interested in.

GunBR

People always overreact about Plus, but this month really is the worst in a very long time

Well, DtD looks okay so I will give it a shot

Top Bottom