• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton: Halo 3 4 player coop online. Confirmed! Believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karg

Thermite said:
4 player online co-op....FOUR PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP?!?

4xyk95g.gif

I second that motion with dance.

moshing.gif

If this turns out to be true that is.

Uncle

Doodis said:
Um, you can play four-player with or against each other in multiplayer. Unless they specifically say CO-OP, I'm not buying. Not saying it won't happen, but this isn't a confirmation.

I don't speak dutch, but I have a pretty good idea what coöperatief means. And if two different sites are reporting this, it seems less likely that it's just a misunderstanding (assuming one isn't referencing the other one).

I really thought that if they did get the online co-op working they'd pull the ol' microtransaction move and sell it. If this is true then I may buy Halo 3 afterall. Yes, that's right.... I was considering NOT buying it! :D
SMALL MAPS! :(

GhaleonEB

Vinterbird said:
Just got of the phone with my editor who is at the Amsterdam event. Frankie just confirmed to him that it is indeed 4 player online co-op. Wuuh!
I trust you, but I still gotta hear this from Bungie themselves. If they announced it at press conference, we should be hearing from them directly.

Doodis

Uncle said:
I don't speak dutch, but I have a pretty good idea what coöperatief means. And if two different sites are reporting this, it seems less likely that it's just a misunderstanding (assuming one isn't referencing the other one).
Fair enough. I'm just saying, there's been tons of rumor and speculation on this subject, and I'll wait for an official confirmation (preferably in English).

GhaleonEB said:
I trust you, but I still gotta hear this from Bungie themselves. If they announced it a press conference, we should be hearing from them directly.

Isnt the podcast soon? Would be a nice suprise to get a confirmation on that.

traveler

Not Wario
I know Luke is lurking around here somewhere...

What's the deal? Can't comment till you've got a article ready for Bungie.net first? :D

Havok

Most excellent news. I would have been ecstatic if it was even just 2-player, but 4 is icing on a deliciously mouthwatering cake.

Proelite

If campaign is somehow compensated because of online co-op I am going to kill you ****ers who whined for it in the first place.

Teen Ape

JB1981 said:
If true, this game is going to have it all. I fear for 3rd parties. No one is going to stop playing Halo :lol
If this is true then it really raises the bar not just for 3rd parties but for 1st party studios as well

GhaleonEB

Chinner said:
Isn't the rule of thumb that if Frankie (Or Luke) don't deny it then its to be considered to be true?
Nope. They don't comment on most things, accurate or not. I'm not buying this until they do, though. I refuse to have my emotions toyed with so.

*rocks back and forth*

Orlics

Zonar said:
Hold on Hold on..

I rer-ead it and they mean 4 player coop multi player on XBL with ONE SYSTEM. not coop. they mean you can play on the same team in multi player with one system.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spudbo said:
stinkles isn't online...but luke smith is...

If it's true then he's probably having a blast reading these replies.

I'm just waiting for either a dissapointing "uhh...not quite" or a picture of a champaigne bottle being uncorked or something.

EDIT -
WOOOOOO!!!!

madmook

Proelite said:
Bots are impossible with the amount of equipments and customizability of the multiplayer.
What, you mean impossible like bandwidth/technical requirements of online co-op, much less FOUR PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP?

Proelite

Zonar said:
Hold on Hold on..

I rer-ead it and they mean 4 player coop multi player on XBL with ONE SYSTEM. not coop. they mean you can play on the same team in multi player with one system.

FALSE ALARM FALSE ALARM. Go back to work people. Drill is over.

Zonar said:
Hold on Hold on..

why would the announce something that was there in halo 2?

GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB said:
Nope. They don't comment on most things, accurate or not. I'm not buying this until they do, though. I refuse to have my emotions toyed with so.

*rocks back and forth*

LukeSmith said:

*falls out of chair*

Game of the Year Eternity, confirmed.

Holy shit, Bungie. Holy. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom