• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

GeoNeo

I disagree.
You're welcome. :)

Yeah, you could do so. I mean you really don't need the Stance/Throw button.

Edit: I'm crazy. I forgot you need to do L2+R2/LT+RT to X-Ray. :x

I was thinking of making my layout:

1 2 Block
3 4 Stance Change

1+3 to throw

Block + stance change to X-ray

But, I don't know what the button combo is for intractable. 2+4? Could you test it out please.

Sorry I don't keep up with all the gaming side these days, but will I be able to use my Hori Pro 3 stick for PS3 with this game?

I looked around the 'net and it seems like there was a supposed patch (by a small developer) that would allow PS3 sticks for use on the PS4, but I can seem to see if my stick and this game is applicable for that patch.

Can someone let me know?

I want this game but also want to use my stick, which has been collecting dust.

Sorry I don't keep up with all the gaming side these days, but will I be able to use my Hori Pro 3 stick for PS3 with this game?

I looked around the 'net and it seems like there was a supposed patch (by a small developer) that would allow PS3 sticks for use on the PS4, but I can seem to see if my stick and this game is applicable for that patch.

Can someone let me know?

I want this game but also want to use my stick, which has been collecting dust.
All PS3 sticks will work, so yes, you will be able to use your hori.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have the entire game pre loaded on ps4

It should download 3 things: the game, the patch, and Goro's DLC. It showed up for me as downloading the base game at 32+ GB in Notifications, but you can also check Data Management in Settings.

GMG hasn't sent codes yet. I had the PS4 pre-load going all day. It finished a while ago.

Faction War is platform agnostic, so PC, PlayStation and Xbox owners all play together.

What? Wow...

Do PC players have a significant advantage in fighting games like they do in FPS? I would assume not due to the simplicity of the controls, but things like macros may/may not factor in?

Genuine question. I'm legit shocked they're allowing cross-platform play.

Also, do they mean you actually FIGHT the players on the other platforms? Or just that this "points" system in faction wars is tracked cross-platform, because that's a pretty significant difference.

What? Wow...

Do PC players have a significant advantage in fighting games like they do in FPS? I would assume not due to the simplicity of the controls, but things like macros may/may not factor in?

Also, do they mean you actually FIGHT the players on the other platforms? Or just that this "points" system in faction wars is tracked cross-platform, because that's a pretty significant difference.
I doubt you actually playing somebody on psn through xbox live

Nyx

I've played 16 online games so far and have no complaints about the netcode.

Shinnok is my current fav, his 3rd variation rules.

Dremark

Banned
What? Wow...

It's not cross platform play it's cross platform stats. Also this game runs at 60 fps on console so it should be an even playing ground, not counting things like macros which are basically cheating. Iirc SF5 will have that as a feature.

FPS is mainly the result of mouse and keyboard giving more precise controls than a pad. By default I think the advantage in this would be the opposite, although plenty of PC gamers have controllers and plenty on either platform have sticks.

I doubt you actually playing somebody on psn through xbox live

That's kinda what I was thinking. It's likely just a stat-comparison of the "faction points" cross-platform on MK's servers, so the 'winning faction' would be the faction with the highest combined points across all 3 platforms.

But anyway always have to ask because, you know, there have been a few exceptions in the past when games had their own dedis on the publisher/dev side like FF XI and I think Shadowrun...

Also....

There are rooms players can join, this is a good option for new comers as there are rooms dedicated to noobs.

These will be trolled hard by advanced players creating 2nd, 3rd,...... 20th gamertags/PSNids just to troll 'noobs'. Dedicated 'noob' areas are almost always ruined by behaviors like this. Probably a waste of time.

JokerAceX

Anyone picked up one of the MK pads yet? I really want to try them, but not gonna drop 50 on them for it to be a crap product....

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
H8m98k3.gif

I have to wait for the PS3 version to be out though.

I have the Coarse Edition pre-ordred from Amazon but I've never been able to find out how big the figure actually is. If it's less than 5 or 6 inches I may just return it.

Edit: Okay seen an unboxing video for it, fears averted.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait wait wait... easy fatalities? Is that like a option you use or what?

If it's something you can select and just make all fatalities a 1 button deal, I kid you not, that's the thing that will make me buy this day 1. I just don't have the time these days to learn all the different fatalities, it's hard enough to learn all the moves.

Can someone confirm this please?

If it's something you can select and just make all fatalities a 1 button deal, I kid you not, that's the thing that will make me buy this day 1. I just don't have the time these days to learn all the different fatalities, it's hard enough to learn all the moves.

You unlock easy fatalities in the krypt. For example on the ps4 you hold r2 and square to perform a fatality.

DrBo42

I don't know about 1 button but yes, there are easy fatalities. You'll need to unlock the majority of them from what I understand.

I was thinking of making my layout:

1 2 Block
3 4 Stance Change

1+3 to throw

Block + stance change to X-ray

But, I don't know what the button combo is for intractable. 2+4? Could you test it out please.

1+3 for Throws
1+2 for Interactables

That should do the trick for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You unlock easy fatalities in the krypt. For example on the ps4 you hold r2 and square to perform a fatality.

How fast can one unlock this? I'm sorry if it offends series purists but this is actually a game changer for me lol

I don't know about 1 button but yes, there are easy fatalities. You'll need to unlock the majority of them from what I understand.

Oh you have to unlock it for every one seperate? Boo thought it was a overall toggle

Teknoman

Fighting games, always digital.

You'll want to have the game in your console at all times to put in those couple of training rounds whenever you feel like it :D

True, and with Xrd and Smash, I only went physical because of bonus stuff/that cube controller adapter.

Skunkers

Oh you have to unlock it for every one seperate? Boo thought it was a overall toggle

It's actually neither. My understanding from one of the streams was you essentially unlock Easy Fatality "tokens" (whether through the Krypt or other means), then you can spend by doing an Easy Fatality. This uses the token though so you'll need to stock up on them if you want to do easy fatalities all willy nilly. My understanding is they'll unlock with some regularity and there is somewhere in the game where you can buy Easy Fatality tokens with your leftover Krypt Koins. So they are also a gold sink for after you've unlocked everything in the Krypt.

Top Bottom