• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grev |OT| Shooting up the future!

Slermy

I just noticed the following ad from another site:

_3899499_MPU-UDHD-300x250-Final_-_248685.jpg

Did Under Defeat become Amazon Exclusive? I have a pending pre-order with Newegg, and it hasn't been canceled yet, nor have I been notified of any changes.

Yes Boss!

I just noticed the following ad from another site:

_3899499_MPU-UDHD-300x250-Final_-_248685.jpg

Did Under Defeat become Amazon Exclusive? I have a pending pre-order with Newegg, and it hasn't been canceled yet, nor have I been notified of any changes.

I actually got home for lunch hoping to DL it of PSN. Looks like it is Amazon exclusive now. WTH, no digital release for a game like this?

I actually got home for lunch hoping to DL it of PSN. Looks like it is Amazon exclusive now. WTH, no digital release for a game like this?

sadface.

I wish this was on games on demand for 360 but it doesn't look like 360 is getting a release at all in North America.

Yes Boss!

The PSN was the one shot of mine to support the US release. I don't want another hard copy. Lost revenue for Rising Star.

I would have double-dipped on the hard copy for NA 360. Lost revenue again.

Baron

Cheer up Yes Boss, Rising Star just posted on the PS Blog, and Under Defeat is coming to PSN to download next Tuesday!

LINK!

edit: Ah, Jucksalbe. A more spritely man than myself.

Shady859

Had no idea this was an Amazon exclusive, I was going to stroll into GameStop tonight but its not listed on the website... Went ahead and snagged a copy from Amazon instead.

Yes Boss!

Also, I've got my Twin Stick in hand, with my old j-360 version arriving in my household goods on Thursday. Gonna see if it works with the Hori beast.

crosses fingers*

Prophane33

Yeah! My copy arrived today from Amazon (wasn't expecting it so soon). Surprised there's not more comments in this thread. I guess everyone has already played the older or import versions to death. It was certainly some freaky timing. I imported Dodonpachi:Resurrection and got Akai Katana Shin for 360 when it came out in the states, so I was already aware of Rising Star Games. I just picked up a PS3 last week and now Under Defeat is out, great timing. I own (but am not a huge fan) of Senko no Ronde but Border Down was one of my fav Dreamcast games; however, I missed out on the original release of Under Defeat. That's the extent of my Grev experience. I don't have much to say yet about the game as due to this being the end of the semester I'm trying to finish my work rather than bask in some Shmupy goodness.

Prophane33

Check out Strania on XBLA.

Also, my copy of Under Defeat will probably arrive tomorrow.

I have no idea how that one passed under my radar. I don't think I realized it's pedigree thinking it was some sort of doujin game (not that I have a problem with doujin shmups in theory).

Apollyon

Neo Member
My copy of Under Defeat from Amazon arrives tomorrow. Already anticipating being awful at the game and improving to being slightly less awful after about 10 plays.

While I'm still surprised that I'm getting to play a recently released Japanese Shmup on my PS3, I'm much more shocked that this got a US release (particularly on disc).

BOTEC

What the hell? Mine says it hasn't even shipped. Damn amazon jerks. When you guys get your copies, post some pics of the packaging. I'm curious to see what it looks like in detail. The cover art looks shockingly not offensive.

My copy is supposed to get here today... C'mon Ontrac...

Edit: and it never showed up. Fail. I've got Prime. It was supposed to be here by 8pm.

So my copy of Under Defeat HD came yesterday and I think my favorite thing so far is the remixed soundtrack for New Order mode, it's just fantastic.

Apollyon

Neo Member
My copy didn't arrive on Friday as estimated, even with Two-Day Shipping from Prime. The tracking hasn't updated at all from when it apparently shipped. So I contacted customer service about the issue, and the woman on the line is getting me an extra free month of Amazon Prime for the trouble.

Which is nice, so long as I get the game I preordered. Maybe Under Defeat will arrive tomorrow.

Guys did you know G.rev is supposed to be pronounced "Gref"?
Too crazy.

What. I don't know anything anymore.

My copy didn't arrive on Friday as estimated, even with Two-Day Shipping from Prime. The tracking hasn't updated at all from when it apparently shipped. So I contacted customer service about the issue, and the woman on the line is getting me an extra free month of Amazon Prime for the trouble.

I had the EXACT same problem. My copy was supposed to arrive on Friday as well via Prime, but ONTRAC screwed up, I had no delivery update between the 28th and the 1st, but then it arrived mid-day on Saturday. First time I've ever had something not arrive when it was supposed to.

Isn't there supposed to be a letter from Grev pres Maruyama inside the package? If there is can you take a pic of it?

No letter. It's not in the manual, maybe it's on the Enhanced CD?

Shady859

Paid extra to get it friday after realizing Under Defeat HD was an Amazon exclusive. It's awesome, my first time playing it and having a blast. Worth every last penny and it's even tore me away from Call Of Duty finally. Need to check out the bonus disc still.

Akai Katana and now this, I <3 Rising Star Games. :)

NA/EU version cover rocks.

Compare that to the LE cover for the J version which has weird proportion issues:

under_defeat_hd_limited_edition_xbox_360__75677_zoom.jpg

Can't believe people were complaining about this on shmups.

BOTEC

Well, I for one would like to think that Wilhelmina has her hand up Adelle's ass, but maybe that's just me.

Teknoman

I have no idea how that one passed under my radar. I don't think I realized it's pedigree thinking it was some sort of doujin game (not that I have a problem with doujin shmups in theory).

Yeah Strania is amazing. From the soundtrack to everything going on within the game itself.

EDIT: Just ordered my copy. Was just looking into the Dreamcast game the other day, and had no idea a physical release of HD was going to hit.

Isn't there supposed to be a letter from Grev pres Maruyama inside the package? If there is can you take a pic of it?

I don't this was included in the US release. Which sucks because I thought it sounded awesome. It may or may not be included in the EU release, someone there would have to confirm.

BOTEC

Did it arrive after your expected arrival date? Contact CS about the delay, maybe they'll send you a coupon or something as compensation.

They're smarter than that. The latest estimated date was the 10th, and it'll likely still arrive before that. Clever bastards. I also used the free shipping option, so I'm not bitching too hard.

BOTEC

UDHD and The Last Story just came in today. Not bad. It's also interesting since they were packaged together in a single box, but were two separate orders placed on different dates.

UDHD and The Last Story just came in today. Not bad. It's also interesting since they were packaged together in a single box, but were two separate orders placed on different dates.

Amazon trying to save that paper. Things have been rough for them lately.

I still want DC UD. I hope the aftermarket price collapses...

Baron

I think I may just buy both the PSN download and the retail box. That's just silly.

I love on-demand arcade games, though. And I want to use the BR drive in my old fatty PS3 as little as possible in order to prolong its life. I play mostly downloadable games on my PS3 because of just this fact, and mostly disc games on my 360. Because 360s are still sold in stores. My PS2-playing PS3 is not.

Yes Boss!

My problem is that I've already got it on PS3 for Japan and the LE on J-360. But, seeing the limited package on NA PS3 was the clincher. I've not really put much time into the game, or even the DC port.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Under Defeat HD will be on sale on the EU store from today (as soon as the store updates) until January 9th.

Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition
Was €39.99/£29.99/$49.95 Now €19.99/£15.99/$24.95
Additional 40% off for Plus subscribers

Source: PS Blog.

That's quite the discount so soon after release.

Top Bottom