• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers |OT| Steam 19th June

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No more than 4 hours for a gamer. But I imagine getting 100% is going to take a lot of exploration, which I think is the idea behind the game (and most of the achievements)

Thats something I didnt want to hear :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sorry Toma, it's quite a brief game. Enjoyable, but brief.

This seems like one of those Indie platformer games where you'll actually end up wanting MORE after the main course. I was pretty satisfied after Braid, AYIM and the like. Certainly looking forward to the rest, I just hope I won't have to endure as many technical issues anymore. Especially losing progress due to a crash is highly annoying.

Clocked in at 3.5 hours after beating it. Figured I had most of the collectibles, turns out after looking at the achievements I had around half (only missed one of the tapes, but somehow missed some god faces, and TONS of stones, but those are lame anyway). There was some definite stuff that was frustrating (oh was a rock barely moving just a bit and you casually stroll into it? DEAD) for the most part 90% of it was totally fun. When something went wrong it was part of the fun as I then had to figure some other way out. Quick saving would still be welcome though.

Game looked great. Had a good sense of humor (although not why you're coming to this). Controller support was solid.

Whole game was pretty good I'd say. A good ten dollars and night spent.

I would say if you want it to last longer, have a look at the level list, check out what collectibles are on offer on each level and try and 100% each level as you go through.
That's what I will be doing, still didn't managed 100% on first level as I messed up a bit.

I would say if you want it to last longer, have a look at the level list, check out what collectibles are on offer on each level and try and 100% each level as you go through.
That's what I will be doing, still didn't managed 100% on first level as I messed up a bit.

I was trying for all the Tapes, which is what it lists on those pages. It doesn't list where the god faces are though.

Shahadan

Just finished it in 2 hours (more like 2:30 I guess) and I liked it a lot.
Visually creative. Can't really say the same on the gameplay aspect but I had fun and don't regret my purchase at all. Might even try to 100% a few levels.

In the main "path" however you will be mainly doing 3 things :
-Pushing/pulling blocks and cutting some
-Cutting through the boss projectiles and platforms
-"I should use those girders above"

I hope it is better when you go for the collectathon. Should be, obviously.

As I feared, the vast freedom you have to cut everything can just be annoying more than fun but they managed to reduce that problem more than I would have thought.

Still, I would have loved to see more imaginative puzzles in the main quest.

deejay

Finished this in 3 hours. It was really short. And I died A LOT.
Visually it looks amazing, but the gameplay had a lot of trial and error if you ask me.
I really wish it was longer, so it would've balanced things out a bit. Also, the rockets were underpowered (I may have used them maybe twice because of this).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
it's really short, buy it for 5-10$.

it's enjoyable and remember - YOU CAN CUT BOULDERS IN THE AIR. Didn't figure it out until the final boss.

Top Bottom