• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Some guy just gave me $84m.

I don't want to get banned, what do I do with the effin' cash?
Shit. Go on a shopping bonanza. R* likely can see where it came from, and knows that you didn't glitch or anything. On the social club, money given to you shows up as "shared". You could always grab random cars on the street, mod them totally except for the insurance/tracker, and then start giving them to people.
Why did they remove/grayed out Request Personal Vehicle from the Interaction Menu (when holding the Select Button)?

It was my favorite way to get my car or my bike back.

Now it is always saying: Delivery not currently available.

Seriously, wtf Rockstar?
I'm also pretty pissed by this. It was such a great quick alternative to calling your current car to you, no messing with that phone. Give it time, it'll likely be back. This update came outta nowehre, and dropped a ton of stuff. I imagine future hotfixes to be put in place, and then that sweeeet larger DLC coming early 2014 will bring plenty more goodness while also breaking certain things, only to be fixed later.
is the psn crew active since starting over?
I want to say it's active, but I haven't been on much lately due to life. I imagine this update brought some people back. I am chomping at the bit to get back on it though, all other games be danged.

I can rarely get a deathmatch going with more than four people. Whats going to happen with these new modes?

Agreed... Rockstar is too late in getting matchmaking working. User gen content is going to have zero players in it until there is some actual match making. The invite based system never worked and it will work even worse now that there are fewer players and it's going to spread around more.

If you want to play deathmatches or missions (ie, "Hippie Hunting," "Welcoming party," etc missions) you should be able to do a matchmaking session that only plays those play types. If you want to play everything, you should be able to do a match making session that plays everything (ie, races, LTS, DM, missions, parachute, etc). In the rare event that you actually get into a deathmatch or mission that has more than 4 people in it, it either disbands after one session, or it gets hijacked by a tyranny of the majority and you end up doing a race (The Commute) over and over and over again until you just quit.

Prologue

Agreed... Rockstar is too late in getting matchmaking working. User gen content is going to have zero players in it until there is some actual match making. The invite based system never worked and it will work even worse now that there are fewer players and it's going to spread around more.

If you want to play deathmatches or missions (ie, "Hippie Hunting," "Welcoming party," etc missions) you should be able to do a matchmaking session that only plays those play types. If you want to play everything, you should be able to do a match making session that plays everything (ie, races, LTS, DM, missions, parachute, etc). In the rare event that you actually get into a deathmatch or mission that has more than 4 people in it, it either disbands after one session, or it gets hijacked by a tyranny of the majority and you end up doing a race (The Commute) over and over and over again until you just quit.

Are there any plans on improving it or implementing something else? Its only going to get worse.

TheMan

OP, why did you bother with a new OT? The first one was dead and this one isn't exactly lively either. The online game is rightfully becoming a ghost town- rockstar completely botched the launch and they have failed to deliver promised features in a timely manner.

Tawpgun

OP, why did you bother with a new OT? The first one was dead and this one isn't exactly lively either. The online game is rightfully becoming a ghost town- rockstar completely botched the launch and they have failed to deliver promised features in a timely manner.

Because GTAV is still the top most played game, at least as far as Xbox Live activity reports are concerned.

Many people still play it including myself. Ghost town couldn't be further from the truth.

Because GTAV is still the top most played game, at least as far as Xbox Live activity reports are concerned.

Many people still play it including myself. Ghost town couldn't be further from the truth.
This. Plus, the majority of people that wanted to be in the Gaf crew don't play, or they abandoned GTA all together. The new OT was trying to unify everyone back that was still playing, still posting. But the majority of people that play don't post here it seems. I admit I rarely do, but still, a unification in progress. People spent more time glitching, complaining about not being able to level up, complaining about it not being fast enough, complaining about this that or the other. Those people plauged the original OT. I don't know about you, but I could care less about how to glitch the game. If people actually played the game the way it was meant to be played, there wouldn't have been these kind of problems. You can easily make money by doing jobs, selling cars, robbing stores, there are many possibilities! I think too many people were also put off by actually having to work just a little bit for the things that everybody wants.

"No silver platter?? NO THANK YOU!!!"

Mistel

Banned
You can easily make money by doing jobs, selling cars, robbing stores, there are many possibilities! I think too many people were also put off by actually having to work just a little bit for the things that everybody wants.

"No silver platter?? NO THANK YOU!!!"

It's easy to make money for sure but not a decent amount with the over inflated mod shop and property prices and no economy what so ever.

Stores only have have generally low payouts for robbing them it does increase with distanced from the city but not substantially.

Few low ranked jobs have cost effective payouts for the time spent that's why people played violent duct so much before the payout nerf for cash to spend.

Selling cars once every forty eight minutes with the max price being $9500 for a car you can get of the street stock. Modding a car raises profit but for performance improvements cost is not recouped from resale of the vehicle.

I'm fine with earning money its just few methods are cost effective for time spent in game.

Is cash giving now working again then if it is it shouldn't be an issue otherwise invest it in : mods, weapons, ammo max for every thing and a tank if your high enough rank.

I don't think it's working but I'll check tonight. Even if it is working I figure they have a cap on it that's much lower than $84m.

Shit. Go on a shopping bonanza. R* likely can see where it came from, and knows that you didn't glitch or anything. On the social club, money given to you shows up as "shared". You could always grab random cars on the street, mod them totally except for the insurance/tracker, and then start giving them to people.

Yeah I guess I'll just go nuts spending. I don't know about giving people cars though since anymore it seems like people shoot you on sight.

I'll take it.

Would if I could, bro. I was already getting bored with the game but now that I have this much money there's no incentive to do anything. The whole thing revolves around making money and I just got a massive amount that I didn't earn.

All I can really do is spawn tanks or drop grenade launchers for all of the peasants in my room and watch them fight it out.

Yeah I guess I'll just go nuts spending. I don't know about giving people cars though since anymore it seems like people shoot you on sight.
You could always find the lowest rank person in the room, then send them a text message in your phone to let them know you mean no harm. You could also buy every special vehicle online. Every article of clothing. EVERYTHING! That isn't level locked, that is. Good luck!

I was already getting bored with the game but now that I have this much money there's no incentive to do anything. The whole thing revolves around making money and I just got a massive amount that I didn't
A lot of the good stuff is level-locked. I worked long and hard to get the peach Chuck Taylors.

Interfectum

It's far from a ghost town, are you even playing?

That aside, anyone play the fan-made "Hunger Games" death match FFA mode? Shit was hilarious. You start off with no weapons, side by side and it's a mad dash to the guns. Fun as hell.

Tawpgun

It's far from a ghost town, are you even playing?

That aside, anyone play the fan-made "Hunger Games" death match FFA mode? Shit was hilarious. You start off with no weapons, side by side and it's a mad dash to the guns. Fun as hell.

That sounds amazing.

It should be an LTS. Is there a way to play an LTS where the blips are off?

I played something similar where it was in the ghetto, no weapons but 2 knives, 2 pistols, and a shotgun in the middle.

Mistel

Banned
Damn skippy! Matches perfectly with my Los Santos Belle shirt I snagged from a special crate. Money's only half the reward in this game for a reason.
That's where my one came from then at level 56 I get the two tone heeled boots I want yay.

Still dirt poor though...

Rockstar has had a lot of misses with GTA Online, but the Content Creator is a huge knock out of the park. What a great sandbox editor... Truly original and awesome. I really can't wait till they open it up to more modes and play types.

Just made a pretty zaney race called The Ultimate Veldrome. Really shouldn't work but it does. I'm proud. I'd like to drop some weapons in it.. but it's kinda too difficult:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/MichaelBrazell/games/gtav/jobs/job/kl1Iwjghj0SZ_jo1UJ421A

Unfortunately I could only get 6 cars max on there. At one point I had 8, but getting the final checkpoint on to make it long enough jus twasn't possible.

Just browsed in to see any updates to the game, since I got bored of the game 3 months ago & looks like it didn't happen?

So the planned online heists never came through?

Mistel

Banned
Just browsed in to see any updates to the game, since I got bored of the game 3 months ago & looks like it didn't happen?

So the planned online heists never came through?

Last I heard heists are planed for next year but they need serious cash payoff to be worth it.

Is there any decent paying mission I could do I'm level 47 and doing titan of a job as $10,000 payout anything better?

Mistel

Banned
Do a search for mission payouts. The good ones come in the 45-80 range.Usually Martins.

Martin missions are god awful solo a titan of a job takes me a quarter of the time and gets me more money. I don't understand the way payouts are done it's straight up weird.

I usually fish Martin for Defender, Rooftop Rumble, Trash Talk, and Mixed Up With Coke (those last two are a fucking breeze in a Buzzard). Cleaning the Cat House is good, too, but I rarely get it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think I just discovered the weirdest glitch

so I'm chilling outside my luxury apartment and I had one sticky bomb left

I threw it on a moving car and walked inside my garage. I was testing out if you could blow up a sticky from inside the garage now since R* accidently gave us more control.

I press the left on the d-pad and didn't feel the rumble so I figure it didn't work. I walk out the garage and I have a 5 star wanted level with not a cop in sight. I ran back in my garage until it went away but I got a ton of RP for it.

I think I just discovered the weirdest glitch

so I'm chilling outside my luxury apartment and I had one sticky bomb left

I threw it on a moving car and walked inside my garage. I was testing out if you could blow up a sticky from inside the garage now since R* accidently gave us more control.

I press the left on the d-pad and didn't feel the rumble so I figure it didn't work. I walk out the garage and I have a 5 star wanted level with not a cop in sight. I ran back in my garage until it went away but I got a ton of RP for it.
That's crazy, I'd test this myself but I'm away from GTA till late tonight, if I am lucky. The real shame is the inability to detonate the stickies from inside your place :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
That's crazy, I'd test this myself but I'm away from GTA till late tonight, if I am lucky. The real shame is the inability to detonate the stickies from inside your place :(

I'm testing it out again. I bought 10 stickies, I threw 4, walked inside, and nothing happened.

Tried again with 3, walked inside, and I guess they went off cause I got a 1 star level inside without walking out.

I play with a small crew. Never looked to join neogafs crew since I know very few gaffers nowadays. I met a good number of people in this game and always have someone to team up with if I'm not rogue. It's not that hard either. Just be kind to a single stranger and help them out and you might meet someone cool.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I played yesterday for about 2 hours and realized that I'm done with the online mode

I can't just plug away at the jobs over and over since they take forever to start and are most of the time really hard for me

There's also no new content or features coming soon enough. Content creators are always shitty to me and I have no interest in community content.

Oh well. It was nice while I cared. Maybe they'll add something worthwhile later but in pretty much done.

Grinchy

Banned
I played yesterday for about 2 hours and realized that I'm done with the online mode

I can't just plug away at the jobs over and over since they take forever to start and are most of the time really hard for me

There's also no new content or features coming soon enough. Content creators are always shitty to me and I have no interest in community content.

Oh well. It was nice while I cared. Maybe they'll add something worthwhile later but in pretty much done.

I really wanted to like the online, but it's just too sluggish and too serious. Everything is slow, and if you have the immense patience it takes to get a room together playing something, everyone just leaves when it's over anyway and you're back to square shit.

Mistel

Banned
I really wanted to like the online, but it's just too sluggish and too serious. Everything is slow, and if you have the immense patience it takes to get a room together playing something, everyone just leaves when it's over anyway and you're back to square shit.

I'm at this point, randomly murdering entire lobbies isn't as enjoyable as I hoped.

The funniest thing i've is carrying a some child's chrome entity xf as they are crying to be put down, so Ieft him at the altruist camp and watched him die a lot. then I dropped the car into the stream at the bottom of the mountain.

Or it was me and ten other people on top of a dump truck being dropped from the top of the world and hitting a tanker and blowing up when we landed.

I'm at this point, randomly murdering entire lobbies isn't as enjoyable as I hoped.

The funniest thing i've is carrying a some child's chrome entity xf as they are crying to be put down, so Ieft him at the altruist camp and watched him die a lot. then I dropped the car into the stream at the bottom of the mountain.

Or it was me and ten other people on top of a dump truck being dropped from the top of the world and hitting a tanker and blowing up when we landed.
If you pick someone up in the cargobob and drop their car into the water, do you get bad sport?

If you pick someone up in the cargobob and drop their car into the water, do you get bad sport?
Nope. That and the gas trick are the only two ways to destroy cars without paying for them. The cargobob stops spawning around early to mid 30s though, so once you get high enough you only got the gas.

Mistel

Banned
Nope. That and the gas trick are the only two ways to destroy cars without paying for them. The cargobob stops spawning around early to mid 30s though, so once you get high enough you only got the gas.

They fixed the spawning in the last patch I think had some spawn solo at level 45, I think it counts the driver as the last user not those who carry it around.

They should really add restaurants or even a mall or two in the future (not GTAV, of course, but beyond that). I want to be a post-ironic hipster in-game and just spend all my time lounging in coffee shops, dammit.

They could even make some of the stronger caffeinated beverages work as combat items by either ramping up your speed or slowing down time temporarily the way Michael / Trevor's special abilities do. The weaker ones would slow down you as well, but the strongest would only slow down your perception of time so that you'd be moving normal speed and everyone else would be slow, meaning you'd be reacting crazy fast to everyone else.

Coffee - $1
You can have it in any color you want... as long as it's black.
(causes Michael-style slowdown)

Latte - $3
Perfect for soccer moms.
(causes Trevor-style slowdown, doesn't affect damage output)

Pumpkin Spice Latte - $6
So sweet, it's post-ironic.
(causes Trevor-style slowdown, doesn't affect damage output, mild health regeneration)

To balance you'd only be able to carry a certain amount at a time, though. It'd also be great if, in addition to calling Merryweather to have some armed security help you out during missions / freeroam, you could also join "sub-creeds" and have them help you accordingly. Each sub-creed would also have a sort of headquarters that'd function like a second apartment and give you some discounted options. Having ties with some military buddies would get you access to an off-base military rec center that sells guns at slightly cheaper prices and let you call in (basic) military backup like jeeps, getting in with street racers would give you access to a warehouse with some of the fancier cars for cheap and let you call in sports car support, teaming up with hipsters would get you a rewards card at their little coffee shop
where you do Trevor's fifth and final Rampage
and let you summon Killer Hipsters, etc.

Ya no

Why the hell doesn't it pair you up with friends/crew members when you're trying to play a game? It puts me and my friend on opposite teams like 95% of the games we play..... and it gives one team all the level 35+ against me and everyone under 20... so fucking annoying god damn

Tawpgun

They should really add restaurants or even a mall or two in the future (not GTAV, of course, but beyond that). I want to be a post-ironic hipster in-game and just spend all my time lounging in coffee shops, dammit.

They could even make some of the stronger caffeinated beverages work as combat items by either ramping up your speed or slowing down time temporarily the way Michael / Trevor's special abilities do. The weaker ones would slow down you as well, but the strongest would only slow down your perception of time so that you'd be moving normal speed and everyone else would be slow, meaning you'd be reacting crazy fast to everyone else.

Coffee - $1
You can have it in any color you want... as long as it's black.
(causes Michael-style slowdown)

Latte - $3
Perfect for soccer moms.
(causes Trevor-style slowdown, doesn't affect damage output)

Pumpkin Spice Latte - $6
So sweet, it's post-ironic.
(causes Trevor-style slowdown, doesn't affect damage output, mild health regeneration)

To balance you'd only be able to carry a certain amount at a time, though. It'd also be great if, in addition to calling Merryweather to have some armed security help you out during missions / freeroam, you could also join "sub-creeds" and have them help you accordingly. Each sub-creed would also have a sort of headquarters that'd function like a second apartment and give you some discounted options. Having ties with some military buddies would get you access to an off-base military rec center that sells guns at slightly cheaper prices and let you call in (basic) military backup like jeeps, getting in with street racers would give you access to a warehouse with some of the fancier cars for cheap and let you call in sports car support, teaming up with hipsters would get you a rewards card at their little coffee shop
where you do Trevor's fifth and final Rampage
and let you summon Killer Hipsters, etc.

Making bad ideas based off Halo wasn't enough?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Just made a pretty zaney race called The Ultimate Veldrome. Really shouldn't work but it does. I'm proud. I'd like to drop some weapons in it.. but it's kinda too difficult:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/MichaelBrazell/games/gtav/jobs/job/kl1Iwjghj0SZ_jo1UJ421A

Unfortunately I could only get 6 cars max on there. At one point I had 8, but getting the final checkpoint on to make it long enough jus twasn't possible.

Huh, I had a similar idea. I have two complaints about the Content Creator when it comes to races: (1) The required minimum length is just too long; they should either shorten it or permit you to set a required minimum number of laps to increase the length. I've had some cool race ideas that just couldn't feasibly reach the .62 mile threshold (or whatever it is). (2) The checkpoints should respect differences in height. If you try building a race in a parking garage, you can't put one checkpoint on a higher floor directly above another checkpoint on a lower floor. There's no reason for that, and it makes creating a race through a parking garage tricky.

What's this about a gas trick? People have become increasingly brazen about blowing up my car, and I'd love to have a way to get back at them without having to pay--especially the jackasses who blow up my car but don't have any money, and so contribute nothing to replacing it. I hate paying $5,503 to get my car back because some jerk threw a grenade at my car with only $2 on him.

EDIT: I should note that I don't intentionally destroy anybody's car unless they've done it first to me--and even then, only in rare circumstances. It's just a dick move.

Top Bottom