• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions |OT| After 6 years of Pacifism, the King returns.

GW2 was 3D as well, but you're just looking at it head on, that's what the classic modes are. The adventure mode is viewed in 3D.

Pretty sure co-op is in classic "3D" as well.

So its exactly like classic of old?

I want to preorder for the bonuses but there arent even reviews to read

Hero

So wait is there a new pacifism mode? Heck, I'd take the old pacifism mode. That made Geo Wars 2 for me.

Watch the XBLAFans rebroadcast on twitch in the OP. The classic modes are still face on to a standard grid and include everything but sequence.

dont mean to be annoying: there seemed to be some 3d twisting on the classic grid. You guys are saying that there is another mode/option to turn that off? or its not too big of a deal?

and does the game control just like old games?

dont mean to be annoying: there seemed to be some 3d twisting on the grid. You guys are saying that there is another mode/option to turn that off?

The grid is still flat. There is a slightly detached camera, but it's not a 3D grid like the new adventure modes.

Watch the XBLAFans rebroadcast on twitch in the OP. The classic modes are still face on to a standard grid and include everything but sequence.

EDIT: about the 28 minute mark has footage of classic stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/xblafans/b/592384635 There's a slight angle but it's pretty damn close to GW2

I see glimpses of GeoWars 1 or 2 but that's about it. What's with the stupid angle? It adds literally nothing to the gameplay.

Sigh. Why couldn't they just give us classic GeoWars without all the nonsense no one asked for.

I see glimpses of GeoWars 1 or 2 but that's about it. What's with the stupid angle? It adds literally nothing to the gameplay.

Sigh. Why couldn't they just give us classic GeoWars without all the nonsense no one asked for.

This is what I and many others said when GW2 came out. I still think geoms are dumb.

Welcome to video game design 10 years after your favorites released :/

That said, I think this looks awesome.

Hero

I'd high five you, but that's too much like violence.

Dude, you have no idea. I love me some pacifism. Just something about that game mode completely sucked me in. It's like when shit got really crazy and intense and I had to find a path to the next line to blow up dudes while navigating through a sea of them chasing me it was like both my mind and body were one with the game. Last time I remember checking my score I was in the top 5% of the game in terms of score and felt like that was a huge achievement for myself, no lie.

who's excited?
0m4Zo.gif

add me on ps4 geobros

Geo Wars - the first game I played on the Xbox 360 - is still one of my favorite arcade-shmups. The sequel was great, too, but the first one will always hold a special place in my heart.

With that said, this installment is pre-loaded and ready to go on my PS4. Add me for some high-score battles. My PSN ID is: arthexavier.

Wait, I can play this TONIGHT on PS4 or tomorrow night on Xbox One? Is this correct?

EDIT: just preordered on PS4 and it says 16 minutes holy shiiiiiiiiiiit! :)

CLEEK

Dude, you have no idea. I love me some pacifism. Just something about that game mode completely sucked me in. It's like when shit got really crazy and intense and I had to find a path to the next line to blow up dudes while navigating through a sea of them chasing me it was like both my mind and body were one with the game. Last time I remember checking my score I was in the top 5% of the game in terms of score and felt like that was a huge achievement for myself, no lie.

I was just shy of hitting the 1 billion point barrier. Got a ~900,000,000 score a few times, but never hit 10 figures. I was top of my friends leaderboard by a large margin, but no idea where I ended up in the global leaderboards. I do know that for one very brief moment shorty after GW2 came out, my Pacifism score was in the global top 100. But then plummeted when the top scores were all in the billions.

I was just shy of hitting the 1 billion point barrier. Got a ~900,000,000 score a few times, but never hit 10 figures. I was top of my friends leaderboard by a large margin, but no idea where I ended up in the global leaderboards. I do know that for one very brief moment shorty after GW2 came out, my Pacifism score was in the global top 100. But then plummeted when the top scores were all in the billions.

Looks like you two are going to be my GAF competition. Hehe. Pretty sure we have some obscenely talented mo-fo's here when it comes to score attack games.

My top is 1.7 billion, which last I checked is around 200th.

Derpyduck

Banned
So it's Geometry Wars, but with frame rate issues. At least on PS4. Kinda disappointed by that, but the audio seems nice. Not liking the look of the classic boards. I just want black backgrounds with no weird effects.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So it's Geometry Wars, but with frame rate issues. At least on PS4. Kinda disappointed by that, but the audio seems nice. Not liking the look of the classic boards. I just want black backgrounds with no weird effects.

There hasn't been straight black backgrounds since the original that showed up in PGR

Jennings

Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Wii) is the best iteration of the game yet. I'm disappointed there isn't a version of this one being released for the WiiU. Hopefully that will be rectified sometime in the near future.

CLEEK

Don't say that. Heartbreaking if true.

The campaign mode is what I hoped for (only 4 levels in). Reminds me of the Galaxies games for Wii/DS back in the day, and I really enjoyed them.

Runs smooth on PS3, but (obviously) lacking the particles (and probably more effects) of the next-gen versions. Still super fun!

Gameplay I've seen from XBLAfans looks real fun, but the negative impressions from others had me cautious.

Is Exwife/other top players streaming? I'd love a link

Framerate issues are real? :(

Derpyduck

Banned
The thrill of leaderboard jockeying is alive and well just like the previous versions. Reloading/restarting levels is nice and fast, which makes going for high scores much easier. Waves Classic is harder than I remember it.

Judder, framerate issues, whatever it is. I see it quite often when there's a lot of the green dots still on screen or when a new wave of enemies is taking shape.

I've just beaten the saffire boss, plus played online and there's not been a single hitch at all for me. Not sure what to tell you.

shwimpy

First time playing Geo Wars and I've been playing for the last 30 min. All this game does is make me wanna play Resogun again.

nikos

First time playing Geo Wars and I've been playing for the last 30 min. All this game does is make me wanna play Resogun again.

It makes me want another Super Stardust more than I already did.

This is a good game though. Kind of hard for me to tell what's going on sometimes, because of its art style, but I'll get used to it eventually. Definitely fun so far, looking forward to playing more tomorrow. Hopefully more people will be playing online as well.

Top Bottom