• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Magwik
Banned
(10-06-2017, 05:59 AM)

Originally Posted by sleverfunk

Awaken my masters!

10/10

Originally Posted by Kagari

A different view of that Hit figure... he looks super bootleg lol.

Better than nothing?
Fulminator
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:01 AM)
Fulminator's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

you all will be eating crow soon

We can dream man

We can dream
The Silver
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:08 AM)
The Silver's Avatar
Will Ribrainne make it through the special without getting Jiren'd?

Will Geets curse his own existence for a minimum of 5 minutes upon seeing Gok transform?

Do 17 and 18 even exist anymore?

Find out on the next episode.
Ashodin
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:09 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

A different view of that Hit figure... he looks super bootleg lol.

it'll have to do I guess
Zubz
Banned
(10-06-2017, 06:11 AM)

Originally Posted by CO_Andy

Ribrianne's grudge against 17 went nowhere

welp more screen time for Goku

Assuming the ToP leads to all of these characters surviving, it may come up again in a future arc!
Undead Fantasy
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:13 AM)
Undead Fantasy's Avatar
HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.



The dub is fucking killing it.
Fj0823
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:16 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.



The dub is fucking killing it.

Who? This Costa Rican peasant is not familiar with him

Edit: Oh wait that reporter guy! Yeah I know him. Holy shit that's some neat detail
Fulminator
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:17 AM)
Fulminator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.



The dub is fucking killing it.

I don't think I've ever seen this gif without the double sunglasses
Undead Fantasy
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:20 AM)
Undead Fantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Who? This Costa Rican peasant is not familiar with him

Edit: Oh wait that reporter guy! Yeah I know him. Holy shit that's some neat detail

It was unreal. Even my brother came from the other room when he heard him and was also amazed.

Fuck I can't wait for episode 47.
ArchedThunder
Banned
(10-06-2017, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

A different view of that Hit figure... he looks super bootleg lol.

This makes me so sad.

Bought this at Barnes and Noble for 20 bucks today.

AdanVC
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:30 AM)
AdanVC's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Pretty Panda

That awkward moment when fans draw better than the official artists working for DBS. This is amazing!!

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.



The dub is fucking killing it.


WAAAAAAAAAAT!!!?? OMG I got to see it right now!

Edit: Wait! But what if it's just Ricardo Hill (Kaiosama's voice) doing a parody voice of Lopez Doriga. If I remember correctly he used to be Lopez Doriga's double in those Parody tv shows back on the day. But either way this is such a neat detail and another reason why the Latin America dub is GOAT!
Kyzon
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:36 AM)
Kyzon's Avatar
I'm still waiting on some nice Namekian action.

Are we actually expecting piccolo to do anything other than lose limbs at this point?
PK Gaming
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:38 AM)

Originally Posted by AdanVC

That awkward moment when fans draw better than the official artists working for DBS. This is amazing!!

They don't have to continually draw art though. No real deadlines either.
Zero-ELEC
Banned
(10-06-2017, 06:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.



The dub is fucking killing it.

yo what the fuck
HeroR
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:57 AM)
HeroR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

Dude, how did he jobbed?

Zamasu was going to kill all life in all timelines.


Job is just used as a catch all term for losing in this fandom.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(10-06-2017, 07:20 AM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzon

I'm still waiting on some nice Namekian action.

Are we actually expecting piccolo to do anything other than lose limbs at this point?

Maybe next month...
Undead Fantasy
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:25 AM)
Undead Fantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzon

I'm still waiting on some nice Namekian action.

Are we actually expecting piccolo to do anything other than lose limbs at this point?

You are not alone in that..
Zubz
Banned
(10-06-2017, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

You are not alone in that..

Agreed.
The Last One
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:28 AM)
The Last One's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArchedThunder

This makes me so sad.

Bought this at Barnes and Noble for 20 bucks today.

Wow, this is really great. I need to get a Goku like this.

It's the most iconic moment of the series.
Krixeus
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:45 AM)
Krixeus's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Pretty Panda

What episode is that from?
Morlas
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:46 AM)
Morlas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krixeus

What episode is that from?

It's a shop with Gohan replacing Dyspo
Raijin_Cain
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:46 AM)
Raijin_Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chaotic-Strike

Character Interactions with cool designs with fun fights is what Dragon Ball excels at.

Knock AT all you want for flimsy plot lines and plot holes that you could drive a truck through but his characters are fun to watch. Dragon Ball is simply at its best when it's not taking itself seriously and mocking popular tropes of the genre including itself.

Good points. Maybe thats it.
LNBL
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:47 AM)
LNBL's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Pretty Panda

This looks amazing
Skeeter49
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:50 AM)
Skeeter49's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

I want Cabba to take out Gohan :D

It's nice to want things that will never happen.

Pray Toyotaro doesn't like female saiyans.
The Last One
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:52 AM)
The Last One's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Pretty Panda

Seeing this makes me sad actually. Why there's no blood in Super? =(
Zubz
Banned
(10-06-2017, 07:57 AM)

Originally Posted by The Last One

Seeing this makes me sad actually. Why there's no blood in Super? =(

To market this show to kids as well, unfortunately (For us as older fans of DBZ, at least. Toei gets to make more money & kids get a pretty neat show they can watch, too).
HeroR
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:09 AM)
HeroR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zubz

To market this show to kids as well, unfortunately (For us as older fans of DBZ, at least. Toei gets to make more money & kids get a pretty neat show they can watch, too).

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were also kid shows. There is no to little blood in Super because censorship laws in Japan changed since the 80s and 90s.
Ashodin
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:20 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Last One

Seeing this makes me sad actually. Why there's no blood in Super? =(

hey hey, Dyspo spit up saliva when Maji Kayo got him.
unknownstranger
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:27 AM)
unknownstranger's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeroR

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were also kid shows. There is no to little blood in Super because censorship laws in Japan changed since the 80s and 90s.

One Piece airs immediately after it though.
Fj0823
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:55 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skeeter49

It's nice to want things that will never happen.

Pray Toyotaro doesn't like female saiyans.

The man who liked the random female Kai so much he made her Goku's forbidden lover and the main villain of his fan manga?

Lmao.
kitsunelaine
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:02 AM)

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

They don't have to continually draw art though. No real deadlines either.

And animators have to make sure the art style can flow well, which is why it's always more simple looking than keyart.

Animation and art are two different mediums entirely, but related.
HeroR
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:04 AM)
HeroR's Avatar

Originally Posted by unknownstranger

One Piece airs immediately after it though.

A lot of One Piece is grandfathered since it has been on the air since 97 and even then, it's tone down to what it was just a couple years ago.

Granted, Super being almost bloodless is extreme and it seems Toei did it so Super would be accepted to an international audience.
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(10-06-2017, 09:08 AM)
erlim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

A different view of that Hit figure... he looks super bootleg lol.

I approve only because this line offers a cheaper alternative to the figuarts series.
Ravek
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:33 AM)
Ravek's Avatar
I've been lurking these series of threads for a while so I figured I might as well start finally posting in them.

So....hi!
Ashodin
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:35 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravek

I've been lurking these series of threads for a while so I figured I might as well start finally posting in them.

So....hi!

Hi! Top 5 favorite characters and why?
CazTGG
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:38 AM)
CazTGG's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeroR

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were also kid shows. There is no to little blood in Super because censorship laws in Japan changed since the 80s and 90s.

Pretty sure it also happens to be the time Super airs since, while we see episodes at around 6 P.M. PST, the show airs on Sunday morning at 9 A.M. in Japanand thus Toei toned back on the blood.

That and it's easier for the animators to draw without worrying about details like bloody wounds.
Icyflamez96
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:38 AM)
Icyflamez96's Avatar
Don't answer this unless you wanted it to be used against you.
Ashodin
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:47 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Icyflamez96

Don't answer this unless you wanted it to be used against you.

That is not very welcoming
CrimzonSamurai
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:47 AM)
CrimzonSamurai's Avatar
Giran, Giran, Giran, Giran, and Giran. Because he spits hot fire gum.
HeroR
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:59 AM)
HeroR's Avatar

Originally Posted by CazTGG

Pretty sure it also happens to be the time Super airs since, while we see episodes at around 6 P.M. PST, the show airs on Sunday morning at 9 A.M. in Japanand thus Toei toned back on the blood.

That and it's easier for the animators to draw without worrying about details like bloody wounds.

It doesn't take that much to animated blood, especially since they bother with sweat.
Icyflamez96
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:03 AM)
Icyflamez96's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashodin

That is not very welcoming

He lurks. He knows how it goes.
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey
(10-06-2017, 10:06 AM)
Auto_aim1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

A different view of that Hit figure... he looks super bootleg lol.

Looks like a big GI Joe figure ugh.
Daingurse
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:25 AM)
Daingurse's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Last One

Wow, this is really great. I need to get a Goku like this.

It's the most iconic moment of the series.

I need a Goku figure, period lol. Really starting to become the gaping hole my collection. That one Arched bought looks nice.

The FighterZ Goku will be my first at this rate . . .
Ravek
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:28 AM)
Ravek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashodin

Hi! Top 5 favorite characters and why?


5. Whis - He looks like he doesn't belong in DBS and that's a good thing...sort of the point. He's very abstract in a show with sometimes very static characters. Everytime he's on screen he has my utmost attention.

4. Hit - What's not to love?

3. Goku - Beside Mega Man, growing up, this dude was my hero. Yeah, he's an idiot and selfish, but he's our hero. The reason we're all here.

2. Vegeta - No one else tries harder than Vegeta.

1. Gohan - I literally can't explain why he's the GOAT. Yeah, DBS keeps doing him dirty and bringing him back up for awesomenews and we need some sort of consistentisty. But I believe his time is coming soon.

Guilty Pleasure - Caulifla. I don't understand it myself.
Magwik
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:59 AM)
That's a good top 5
J4g3r
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:04 AM)
J4g3r's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravek

1. Gohan - I literally can't explain why he's the GOAT. Yeah, DBS keeps doing him dirty and bringing him back up for awesomenews and we need some sort of consistentisty. But I believe his time is coming soon.

Another believer, we'll get along just fine - Welcome!

Originally Posted by Ravek

Guilty Pleasure - Caulifla. I don't understand it myself.

M.D
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:12 PM)
M.D's Avatar
Anyway finds it weird the way Jiren treats Toppo? I dunno how I'd define it, but it doesn't seem like they are 'sworn friends 'like Toppo put it and it doesn't seem like Jiren respects Toppo as his leader or his friend

He seems like he's ordering him around most of the time instead of the other way around 'Move. I'll go.' (when they fought Maji Kayo and Toppo was about to help Dyspo), or when he decides to take out Kale on his own.

Then Dyspo was like 'Jiren, Sorry' when Maji Kayo let him go, like he's the actual boss, and Maji Kayo actually refers to him as the boss 'Here comes the boss at last'

Plus, at the same time, The Supreme Kai of Universe 3 says 'Now, Maji Kayo san, reveal Jiren's mystery!'

There's definitely something going on with Jiren's power and his eyes, dunno what it is, maybe some of the theories with Belmod are correct?
caliph95
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:13 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by J4g3r


*Plastic surgeons hate her, one quick step to increase bust size*

I knew there's a reason she has fans
Icyflamez96
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:16 PM)
Icyflamez96's Avatar

Originally Posted by M.D

Anyway finds it weird the way Jiren treats Toppo? I dunno how I'd define it, but it doesn't seem like they are 'sworn friends 'like Toppo put it and it doesn't seem like Jiren respects Toppo as his leader or his friend

He seems like he's ordering him around most of the time instead of the other way around 'Move. I'll go.' (when they fought Maji Kayo and Toppo was about to help Dyspo), or when he decides to take out Kale on his own.

Then Dyspo was like 'Jiren, Sorry' when Maji Kayo let him go, like he's the actual boss, and Maji Kayo actually refers to him as the boss 'Here comes the boss at last'

Plus, at the same time, The Supreme Kai of Universe 3 says 'Now, Maji Kayo san, reveal Jiren's mystery!'

There's definitely something going on with Jiren's power and his eyes, dunno what it is, maybe some of the theories with Belmod are correct?

Maybe he's just stressed.
JadedWriter
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:17 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleverfunk

Awaken my masters!

Ay yai yai yaiiiiiii

Thread Tools