• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

demon
I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
(11-11-2017, 01:57 AM)
demon's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

Louie CK is a stand-up comedian. Donald Trump is leader of the country. There are different standards. I'm not surprised that the party of shit-for-brains doesn't understand that.
GalacticAE
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:57 AM)
GalacticAE's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

Call Trump whatever you want, at least he's not a hypocrite and doesn't pretend to be any sort of morally righteous person. He's an asshole, but an honest asshole that doesn't apologize for being so. That's part of his appeal and why he was able to get away with all his controversies that would have buried literally any other politician.

He's not honest. He's a hypocrite. He started some dumb racist smear campaign that he knew wasn't true. He also criticized the last president for things he does regularly. I agree with you he is an asshole though.

Here's an old article that highlights some of it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f2d726ebfb67

here's a good one
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...ecutive-orders

here are some more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...-today-n766366
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 02:00 AM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

Using that logic why be so offended by another persons actions that don't affect you?

shut up smelly
robochimp
Member
(11-11-2017, 02:01 AM)
robochimp's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I'm proud that such an openly offensive candidate was able to absolutely demean and crush a bunch of two-faced, self-righteous candidates and prove the pretentious, holy-than-thou Hollywood elites that ganged up on him totally wrong. It was beautiful to see happen.


This used to be such a great place, now it's just full of junior member's and their fantasies of comuppence against imaginary persecutors.
sans_pants
avec_pénis
(11-11-2017, 02:09 AM)
sans_pants's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I'm proud that such an openly offensive candidate was able to absolutely demean and crush a bunch of two-faced, self-righteous candidates and prove the pretentious, holy-than-thou Hollywood elites that ganged up on him totally wrong. It was beautiful to see happen.

but they weren't wrong (except about who won the election)

he's been a horrible, miserable president that doesn't have any qualifications or attention span to run the most powerful nation in the world
wondermega
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 02:19 AM)
wondermega's Avatar
His statement was appropriate, but feels some what disingenuous given that these allegations have been quite known for years now, and he didn't say anything. If he wanted to, I'm sure his partners and hangers-on wouldn't be too happy about that - face it, that's a TON of people's jobs all on the line. Up until the current climate no one really gave a shit about any of this stuff, so even if it was kinda out there, no precedent really for worrying too much about "old skeletons from the past."

Now a whole bunch of people's careers and lives are fucked up and it's all on him and he knows this. That's gotta be a shitty feeling on top of everything else.
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-11-2017, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by demon

Louie CK is a stand-up comedian. Donald Trump is leader of the country. There are different standards. I'm not surprised that the party of shit-for-brains doesn't understand that.

Who is the party for shit for brains?
demon
I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
(11-11-2017, 02:56 AM)
demon's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Who is the party for shit for brains?

The one that elected a spiteful toddler as president of the united states. The one that elects the leaders of our country with these kinds of priorities:

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I'm proud that such an openly offensive candidate was able to absolutely demean and crush a bunch of two-faced, self-righteous candidates and prove the pretentious, holy-than-thou Hollywood elites that ganged up on him totally wrong. It was beautiful to see happen.

The party that's laying waste to our country. The one filled with shit for brains people.
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 04:31 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by GalacticAE

He's not honest. He's a hypocrite. He started some dumb racist smear campaign that he knew wasn't true. He also criticized the last president for things he does regularly. I agree with you he is an asshole though.

Here's an old article that highlights some of it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f2d726ebfb67

here's a good one
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...ecutive-orders

here are some more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...-today-n766366

That was Trump speaking as a citizen before realizing the realities of being POTUS, that's totally different from preaching about how morally bankrupt another person is while being morally bankrupt yourself. As I said, Trump's never once claimed to be any sort of virtuous individual. He's an asshole and knows it, that's why his supporters like him. Most politicians are pieces of trash that then go on to act like their upstanding people, like pretty much all the candidates Trump went up against alongside the Hollywood elites running their mouths and virtue signalling. Trump is who he is and makes no apologies for it. He's not a hypocrite.
robochimp
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:00 AM)
robochimp's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

That was Trump speaking as a citizen before realizing the realities of being POTUS, that's totally different from preaching about how morally bankrupt another person is while being morally bankrupt yourself. As I said, Trump's never once claimed to be any sort of virtuous individual. He's an asshole and knows it, that's why his supporters like him. Most politicians are pieces of trash that then go on to act like their upstanding people, like pretty much all the candidates Trump went up against alongside the Hollywood elites running their mouths and virtue signalling. Trump is who he is and makes no apologies for it. He's not a hypocrite.

This is some Alabama GOP level mental gymnastics.
Night Angel
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:01 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

That was Trump speaking as a citizen before realizing the realities of being POTUS, that's totally different from preaching about how morally bankrupt another person is while being morally bankrupt yourself. As I said, Trump's never once claimed to be any sort of virtuous individual. He's an asshole and knows it, that's why his supporters like him. Most politicians are pieces of trash that then go on to act like their upstanding people, like pretty much all the candidates Trump went up against alongside the Hollywood elites running their mouths and virtue signalling. Trump is who he is and makes no apologies for it. He's not a hypocrite.

Is a hypocrite someone who does what he criticised others for doing? There's an entire subreddit dedicated to Trump tweeting against shit he's doing in his presidency.

He's a hypocrite, 100%. He's not alone in that, but you can't honestly believe he's not walking different than his talk.
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 05:07 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

Is a hypocrite someone who does what he criticised others for doing? There's an entire subreddit dedicated to Trump tweeting against shit he's doing in his presidency.

He's a hypocrite, 100%. He's not alone in that, but you can't honestly believe he's not walking different than his talk.

As I've said, speaking in ignorance on the sidelines before stepping up to the plate and realizing what you're dealing with isn't hypocrisy. Speaking self-righteously against another person's moral failings while having skeletons in your own closet however is. So many Hollywood SJWs ran their mouths about how morally reprehensible Trump is, and now all sorts of information is coming out that's damning them. Now it's coming out that George Takei was accused of sexual assault in the 80s or something. It just doesn't stop, all these two-faced Hollywood elites being exposed.

This is truly a wonderful year.
Night Angel
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:14 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar
Ignorance doesn't excuse hypocrisy.
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 05:26 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

Ignorance doesn't excuse hypocrisy.

I think it totally does. Trump, like many who criticized Obama, simply didn't fully understand the tasks that being POTUS entails. I'm sure the majority of those who criticized Obama would do many of the exact same things policy wise despite speaking against it as citizens once faced with new information and facts. I don't think that's hypocrisy at all. You simply had no idea and were speaking on things you had no true knowledge on. That's very much different than criticizing a persons personal character while you're fully aware of the sins you yourself have committed.

Edit: Double quote by mistake.
sleepykyo
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:32 AM)
sleepykyo's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

As I've said, speaking in ignorance on the sidelines before stepping up to the plate and realizing what you're dealing with isn't hypocrisy. Speaking self-righteously against another person's moral failings while having skeletons in your own closet however is. So many Hollywood SJWs ran their mouths about how morally reprehensible Trump is, and now all sorts of information is coming out that's damning them. Now it's coming out that George Takei was accused of sexual assault in the 80s or something. It just doesn't stop, all these two-faced Hollywood elites being exposed.

This is truly a wonderful year.

He complained about Obama's golfing and has already eclipsed it. Hypocrite.

He has been repeatedly accused of sexual assault and harassment. Repeat sex offender.

He is as awful as the rest and very likely among the worst. The only difference is not only has he evaded punishment, but he has been elected to the highest office. Seems like electing him isn't something to be proud of.
GalacticAE
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:45 AM)
GalacticAE's Avatar
He definitely talks out his ass. He promoted a dishonest and racist campaign for years and cries about "fake news". He's a liar and hypocrite. He cries corruption and crookedness and now we're looking at an fbi investigation on his campaign which is apparently expanding. He even had a Made in the USA event where he says companies should hire and produce in America. That's like Harvey Weinstein presents Women in the Workplace Week.
Dirca
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:13 AM)
Dirca's Avatar
Bringing Trump into threads that aren't about Trump. Now it looks like the gaf from the times before...
gohepcat
False Equivalency Minister
(11-11-2017, 08:27 AM)
gohepcat's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I think it totally does. Trump, like many who criticized Obama, simply didn't fully understand the tasks that being POTUS entails. I'm sure the majority of those who criticized Obama would do many of the exact same things policy wise despite speaking against it as citizens once faced with new information and facts. I don't think that's hypocrisy at all. You simply had no idea and were speaking on things you had no true knowledge on. That's very much different than criticizing a persons personal character while you're fully aware of the sins you yourself have committed.

Edit: Double quote by mistake.

So you chose a complete fucking idiot because you don’t like them fancy liberal elites?

Read the transcript of Tumps first phone call to the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. This is a candid conversation between two adults. Trump literally can’t understand simple concepts. It’s fucking chilling.

He is what stupid people think rich people are like.
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 09:00 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by gohepcat

So you chose a complete fucking idiot because you don’t like them fancy liberal elites?

Read the transcript of Tumps first phone call to the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. This is a candid conversation between two adults. Trump literally can’t understand simple concepts. It’s fucking chilling.

He is what stupid people think rich people are like.

I would rather have an idiot in the white-house than a cunning, deceitful woman who basically had the entire political system, media, Hollywood, and majority of Americans on her side. It's way too dangerous to have a person as morally corrupt as Hillary with that much power. There'd be much less chance to stop her from corrupting our systems of checks and balances than with Trump, who by your own admission is an idiot.
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 09:03 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleepykyo

He complained about Obama's golfing and has already eclipsed it. Hypocrite.

He has been repeatedly accused of sexual assault and harassment. Repeat sex offender.

He is as awful as the rest and very likely among the worst. The only difference is not only has he evaded punishment, but he has been elected to the highest office. Seems like electing him isn't something to be proud of.

Ok, I'll give you the golf one, but I'd barely say that's the same as criticizing a person's very character. And Trump may or may not be a sexual offender, but I don't recall him ever calling anybody else out for being one, or virtue signalling as being some champion for women's rights. In fact I'm pretty sure he's openly insulted plenty of women without apology numerous times. So how's that make him a hypocrite?
Night Angel
Member
(11-11-2017, 09:48 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar
He doesn't have to be a hypocrite in every way, but you're really missing the point. Him being a hypocrite is less damning than him being a sexual harrasser, isn't it?

I don't get why it's better that he's not hiding his shitty behavior behind "virtue signalling" when his shitty behavior is what's being put on blast in the first place.
luxsol
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:17 AM)
This is not surprising, given what his comedy routines are like.

Also, did he touch anyone? Or was it all just like showing off? I saw someone mention he's a molester and I'm wondering if i missed something
Grinchy
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:47 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by luxsol

This is not surprising, given what his comedy routines are like.

Also, did he touch anyone? Or was it all just like showing off? I saw someone mention he's a molester and I'm wondering if i missed something

No, he didn't touch anyone. Gotta make it more extreme, I guess.

Someone will post the definition of molest, "assault or abuse (a person, especially a woman or child) sexually" and say that's what he did, so therefore he's a molester.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:40 AM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

Ok, I'll give you the golf one, but I'd barely say that's the same as criticizing a person's very character. And Trump may or may not be a sexual offender, but I don't recall him ever calling anybody else out for being one, or virtue signalling as being some champion for women's rights. In fact I'm pretty sure he's openly insulted plenty of women without apology numerous times. So how's that make him a hypocrite?

jfc we get it that you want daddy Trump to lock you in a room and beat his orange chode in front of you. Shut up about Trump already.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:24 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I don't recall him ever calling anybody else out for being one, or virtue signalling as being some champion for women's rights.



Did Donald holding you down over a bed and calling you Ivanka while putting a wig on you make you dumber. Or was it the best genes he inseminated you with?
Gatling Groink
Banned
(11-11-2017, 01:30 PM)
So how about that Louis CK.
Cyframe
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:34 PM)

Originally Posted by llien

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.

Oh come on. Catcalling. That's the biggiest example of unwanted advances many women deal with, and it's treated as a joke. Now, I wouldn't say catcalling is automatically assault but I have female friends that avoid places alone because of unwanted advances from men.

When someone reports an encounter even on this site, women are discredited even with proof. All countries have issues with women's issues to varying degrees. As a guy I know that when I'm alone I won't be approached by men and there is the fact that louis ck didn't jack off in front of guys ( so far ).
------

On another note, I don't respect louis ck's op ed because he utilized the Weinstein scandal to finally come forward when he could have done so ages ago. And even with his new film, from what I've heard theres a scene with a dude is jacking off in front of women and I can only conclude that he's drawing from personal experience. He's grimy.
llien
Member
(11-11-2017, 02:26 PM)
llien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyframe

Oh come on. Catcalling. That's the biggiest example of unwanted advances many women deal with, and it's treated as a joke. Now, I wouldn't say catcalling is automatically assault but I have female friends that avoid places alone because of unwanted advances from men.

It would help if you wouldn't mix very different types of offence.

Which the recent revelations was about catcalling? (which majority of aged women do not view as harassment either) Can you cite a single example of a sexual assault (however broad that term is) not being taken seriously?

Originally Posted by Cyframe

When someone reports an encounter even on this site, women are discredited even with proof.

Could you please provide concrete example?


Originally Posted by Cyframe

As a guy I know that when I'm alone I won't be approached by men and there is the fact that louis ck didn't jack off in front of guys ( so far ).

I find this part of your comment ironic, after accusations vs Kevin Spacey that we've learned recently.
quickwhips
Member
(11-11-2017, 03:32 PM)
quickwhips's Avatar

Originally Posted by demon

Louie CK is a stand-up comedian. Donald Trump is leader of the country. There are different standards. I'm not surprised that the party of shit-for-brains doesn't understand that.

You don’t win discussions by name calling. I learned this as a child. This is why political discussions can’t happen on this forum. You could have made your point with out this or you shouldn’t have posted. Some gaf members have a bad tendency when you don’t agree on either side to jump to name calling or lumping everyone together.
StreetCarp
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 03:37 PM)
Oh, another pervy Democrat?!

Who would have thought that possible!? /s
cuate
Member
(11-11-2017, 03:37 PM)

Originally Posted by demon

Louie CK is a stand-up comedian. Donald Trump is leader of the country. There are different standards. I'm not surprised that the party of shit-for-brains doesn't understand that.

Still hypocritical. That was the point. People throwing rocks from a glass house.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 03:50 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar
cuate
Member
(11-11-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by DorkyMohr

drink bleach



eat glass

Fucking when people are outed as hypocritical abusers we're reasonably taken aback. When the same happens for your guys you blame the victims and make the abusers president.

I don't think liberals, despite all their virtue signaling, care too much either, going by their actions.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:01 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by cuate

I don't think liberals, despite all their virtue signaling, care too much either, going by their actions.

Louis CK has been dropped from Netflix and The Orchard is not going ahead with the release of his film, costing them a lot of money. Try again.
cuate
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by DorkyMohr

Louis CK has been dropped from Netflix and The Orchard is not going ahead with the release of his film, costing them a lot of money. Try again.

I don't see your point. What do business decisions have to do with what I said?
Epitomb
Banned
(11-11-2017, 04:06 PM)
neogaf looks like evil bore now

jfc
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:10 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by cuate

I don't see your point. What do business decisions have to do with what I said?

They're actions by the [scarequotes]THE LIBERALS[/scarequotes]. I realize you're an idiot desperate for a win for your team, but try to keep up.
cuate
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:13 PM)

Originally Posted by DorkyMohr

They're actions by the [scarequotes]THE LIBERALS[/scarequotes]. I realize you're an idiot desperate for a win for your team, but try to keep up.

I'm not on a team. I simply said that a lot of people on the left are two faced and don't practice what they preach. Louis CK was dropped from Netflix for pr reasons and to protect their business, not as a moral statement. These accusations aren't new.
deadscreensky
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:15 PM)
deadscreensky's Avatar

Originally Posted by DorkyMohr

They're actions by the [scarequotes]THE LIBERALS[/scarequotes]. I realize you're an idiot desperate for a win for your team, but try to keep up.

Hey, I like the substance of the arguments you're making, but you should chill out with the insults. People blatantly and deliberately pretending not to understand a simple comparison because it goes against their tribe look bad enough already, there's no need for hostile name-calling.
CampbellzSoup
Member
(11-11-2017, 08:19 PM)
CampbellzSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadscreensky

Hey, I like the substance of the arguments you're making, but you should chill out with the insults. People blatantly and deliberately pretending not to understand a simple comparison because it goes against their tribe look bad enough already, there's no need for hostile name-calling.

Telling someone to drink bleach is probably not going to win you any fans...
GAR-OU
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 08:43 PM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

He doesn't have to be a hypocrite in every way, but you're really missing the point. Him being a hypocrite is less damning than him being a sexual harrasser, isn't it?

I don't get why it's better that he's not hiding his shitty behavior behind "virtue signalling" when his shitty behavior is what's being put on blast in the first place.

I think being a hypocrite is worse than being an openly shitty person in general quite honestly. I think it's better for a person to be honestly bad than pretending to be good. That's why I despise SJWs who act like they're goody two-shoes and holier-than-thou, pointing out microagressions and whatnot; like all those Hollywood celebrities bashing on Trump did.

Originally Posted by DorkyMohr

That wasn't Trump virtue signalling, that was him countering Hillary and exposing her hypocrisy on attacking him for his "Pussy grab" comment. Hillary stood by and defended her husband who took advantage of and sexually assaulted multiple women. That pic actually proves my point about SJWs who love to virtue signal being self-righteous hypocrites.
Night Angel
Member
(11-11-2017, 09:13 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar
If you think hypocrisy is worse than sexual assault, your worldview is fucked, bro.
Catphish
Member
(11-11-2017, 09:23 PM)
Catphish's Avatar
In this thread, we discuss Louis Cfucknonevermindmoretrumpandhillarybullshit
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-11-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Catphish

In this thread, we discuss Louis Cfucknonevermindmoretrumpandhillarybullshit

Every thread devolves into a Trump discussion. There must be some kind of term for that BS
Narroo
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

Call Trump whatever you want, at least he's not a hypocrite and doesn't pretend to be any sort of morally righteous person. He's an asshole, but an honest asshole that doesn't apologize for being so. That's part of his appeal and why he was able to get away with all his controversies that would have buried literally any other politician.

What? No he's not. He's infamous for being a liar. The guy has a backstabbing streak a mile long.
The One and Done™
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:25 PM)
The One and Done™'s Avatar
So aside from what he did being irresponsible, disresptful, and inappropriate, he didn't actually do anything criminal. Beside the woman over the phone, each gave consent. It may be gross and abuse of power but it wasn't illegal.

I hope we don't put him in the same category as Spacey, Weinstein, Cosby, etc. because it diminishes the weight of those egregiously illegal acts.
Ubername
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:40 PM)
Ubername's Avatar

Originally Posted by The One and Done™

So aside from what he did being irresponsible, disresptful, and inappropriate, he didn't actually do anything criminal. Beside the woman over the phone, each gave consent. It may be gross and abuse of power but it wasn't illegal.

I hope we don't put him in the same category as Spacey, Weinstein, Cosby, etc. because it diminishes the weight of those egregiously illegal acts.

Yes. Your name precedes you
CampbellzSoup
Member
(11-12-2017, 12:23 AM)
CampbellzSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by The One and Done™

So aside from what he did being irresponsible, disresptful, and inappropriate, he didn't actually do anything criminal. Beside the woman over the phone, each gave consent. It may be gross and abuse of power but it wasn't illegal.

I hope we don't put him in the same category as Spacey, Weinstein, Cosby, etc. because it diminishes the weight of those egregiously illegal acts.

Showing a woman your cock without her asking is illegal.
RoySFNR
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:02 AM)
RoySFNR's Avatar
I thought there was a whole site dedicated to this called Chatroulette.
moose fatcat
Junior Member
(11-13-2017, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by llien

It would help if you wouldn't mix very different types of offence.

Which the recent revelations was about catcalling? (which majority of aged women do not view as harassment either) Can you cite a single example of a sexual assault (however broad that term is) not being taken seriously?

Could you please provide concrete example?

I find this part of your comment ironic, after accusations vs Kevin Spacey that we've learned recently.

hahahaha

Why do the willfully ignorant always do this "can you provide a bibliography of sources" bit?

It's like, if being reasonable was going to change your mind, you wouldn't be performing this rhetorical charade.

"Hmm you say women tend to not report sexual assault and rape due to being not believed? Well I have never heard of this and I don't believe it, and take it from me, a learned man who knows all 'aged women' love being catcalled."

Good lord.

Thread Tools