• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

00stevenm
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 12:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Pasha

+1

Republicans would elect Lucifer over Jesus if he had an R next to his name.

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-11-2017, 04:27 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar
Caddle
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Reverse Giraffe

I can't believe Alabama is content in being the laughingstock of the nation. Do they not travel outside Alabama and realize it doesn't have to be this way?

That's the problem they don't travel out of the state.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 07:01 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
The GOP might as well lower the age of consent to 12, it seems like itís all the rage.

Youíre defending a child rapist. These people are morally bankrupt.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Reverse Giraffe

I can't believe Alabama is content in being the laughingstock of the nation. Do they not travel outside Alabama and realize it doesn't have to be this way?

They will have a pedophile racist as their state representative. Why would any business view that as good? They have to know in the new, current alignment this won't stand
natjjohn
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:05 PM)
natjjohn's Avatar

Originally Posted by 00stevenm

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.

Donít think he meant every individual Republican but Republicans as a whole.

If Moore wins, than you can disagree if you want, but youíd be wrong.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 07:06 PM)
ASAP's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

They will have a pedophile racist as their state representative. Why would any business view that as good? They have to know in the new, current alignment this won't stand

As long as you protect the party, theyíre fine with letting one of their members go around and rape children,
Kimawolf
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by 00stevenm

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.

Disagree witb the comment. That's fine. But we have a PEDOPHILE peddling bible verses and an entite state willing to look the other way just to not elect a democrat.

Tribalism is off the charts. Guy got on the radio and said he only dates young girls with their mothers permission. Hannity... HANNITY gave the dude multiple chances to deny it. He would not. And there are lots of people willing to overlook this for one extra republican in Senate.

Alabama is super red. ANY republican will win there. Surely there is one republican in all of Alabama who isn't a pedophile. Run that person.
jellies_two
Member
(11-11-2017, 09:42 PM)
Mooreís lawyer appeared on CNN in a bizarre bit where he kept calling don lemon easy peasy lemon squeezy.

His lawyer has creepy clips on YouTube from years ago if you search his name.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nicpUNBXhXI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5WOACRoVgQ

He is possibly the creepiest Alabama swamp creature trump has unearthed so far.
Lemongrab
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:33 PM)
Lemongrab's Avatar
Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didnít this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what youíre saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue
Kimawolf
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Lemongrab

Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didnít this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what youíre saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue

This is a good argument... if not for the huge, giant sexual harassment/abuse scandal rocking every faucet of American culture atm. Senators/politicians should not be exempt from this.
jellies_two
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:48 PM)
Now is the best time, he was or is about to get a senate seat! Itís one thing for him to be a judge putting his fingers on the scale within Alabama whenever a rape case caught his eye, itís a whole other thing for guy to make it to senate and start voting on federal issues. His run brought more attention on himself by professional news reporters, and the skeletons come out.

Hell he doesnít even deny it outright instead he qualifies everything and claims he got the permission of their mother. As a 30 year old! Wtf!
Pasha
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by 00stevenm

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.

What do you mean by that?

You can disagree if you want, but you know what I'm saying is true.

And in 4 weeks, when this pedophile is elected, you'll know for sure.
Lemongrab
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:06 PM)
Lemongrab's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

This is a good argument... if not for the huge, giant sexual harassment/abuse scandal rocking every faucet of American culture atm. Senators/politicians should not be exempt from this.

I said I wish it had come out sooner not that it shouldnít have come out. Itís just alterior motives pretty clearly given how close the vote is (I mean I still think itís true just that the timing is politically motivated)
jellies_two
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Lemongrab

I said I wish it had come out sooner not that it shouldnít have come out. Itís just alterior motives pretty clearly given how close the vote is (I mean I still think itís true just that the timing is politically motivated)

Itís quite possible the girls he lent on felt powerless as individuals until a national newspaper asked them for their story while assuring them they werenít going to be alone. It is probable they wanted to forget this man ever existed but this year realized he was only going to be on their tv and in their news more and more.

If a person is elevated in fame then their past becomes more interesting. If they have baggage it is the most likely time for it to come out. Roy Moore had people doing opposition research on him, he was lucky they didnít dig it up, or maybe they did, but the victims did not want to be used in campaign ads.
Night Angel
Member
(11-12-2017, 12:49 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lemongrab

I said I wish it had come out sooner not that it shouldnít have come out. Itís just alterior motives pretty clearly given how close the vote is (I mean I still think itís true just that the timing is politically motivated)

You don't see how multiple empowered victims coming out against their abusers could help other victims speak out against their abusers?

That's why this is happening now. No political conspiracy theory required. Occam's Razor and whatnot.
deadscreensky
Member
(11-12-2017, 02:14 AM)
deadscreensky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

You don't see how multiple empowered victims coming out against their abusers could help other victims speak out against their abusers?

That's why this is happening now. No political conspiracy theory required. Occam's Razor and whatnot.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious this is part of the same movement we're seeing wrecking Hollywood etc. They originally weren't even going to give their names, so you can see why they'd get braver as they see the way the wind is (finally) blowing.

It also makes perfect sense that these women would be more likely to respond the more Moore is in the news. (Video on that here.) Hypocrite gets more famous and powerful, so people find it harder to stomach him.
norinrad
Member
(11-12-2017, 02:24 AM)
norinrad's Avatar
I heard him on the news and it looks like he's getting away with this. The people who were cheering were ok with it too. The whole situation is messed up.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-12-2017, 04:23 AM)

Originally Posted by norinrad

I heard him on the news and it looks like he's getting away with this. The people who were cheering were ok with it too. The whole situation is messed up.

He may well get away with it in Alabama. But there are republicans/independents who voted republican who will absolutely hold the party accountable for this. Mich knows it, all sensible republicans know it, hence why they trying to get him to drop out.
TheLaughingStock
Member
(11-12-2017, 04:35 AM)
TheLaughingStock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

He may well get away with it in Alabama. But there are republicans/independents who voted republican who will absolutely hold the party accountable for this. Mich knows it, all sensible republicans know it, hence why they trying to get him to drop out.

How will they hold the party accountable? They'll either leave the party, look the other way or be overruled by the people who vote for guys like Roy Moore and Pres. Trump. And most people who self-proclaim themselves as independent are not. It's a charade to appear above the fray.
deadscreensky
Member
(11-12-2017, 09:44 AM)
deadscreensky's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLaughingStock

How will they hold the party accountable? They'll either leave the party, look the other way or be overruled by the people who vote for guys like Roy Moore and Pres. Trump. And most people who self-proclaim themselves as independent are not. It's a charade to appear above the fray.

In general they'll stay home from the polls, which even in relatively small numbers would be disastrous for Republicans in 2018.
oxrock
Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
(11-12-2017, 02:22 PM)
oxrock's Avatar
Have any corroborating stories come out yet? I'm assuming if he's been a legit pedophile for so long that this kind of behavior has been observed more than just one.
DAVIDHUXLEY
Member
(11-12-2017, 03:16 PM)
DAVIDHUXLEY's Avatar

Originally Posted by oxrock

Have any corroborating stories come out yet? I'm assuming if he's been a legit pedophile for so long that this kind of behavior has been observed more than just one.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teresa-...e-dated-teens/
FStubbs
Member
(11-12-2017, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Lemongrab

Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didn’t this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what you’re saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue

There is not a single state in this country where "any Democrat" can win. Republicans have won in states like California, Maryland, New York, and Massachusetts.Where as there are states where "any Republican" can win.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(11-12-2017, 09:49 PM)
AndyD's Avatar

Originally Posted by pramod

I guess everyone is just presumed guilty before proven innocent now when it comes to these type of accusations?

Innocent until proven guilty is for court of law. We're taking court of public opinion here.

And having dozens of independent accusers with nothing to gain can sway a lot of the public, whether ultimately useful in court or not due to the time passed. It's high time we address sexism and casual abuse in the workplace and society.
00stevenm
Junior Member
(11-13-2017, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Pasha

What do you mean by that?

You can disagree if you want, but you know what I'm saying is true.

And in 4 weeks, when this pedophile is elected, you'll know for sure.

I mean a completely Hyperbolic post that demonizes/Mocks one group of peopleís believes for one bad apple. PS I think this Moore is a sick fuck and should be done in any election, but to say republicans support pedophiles is disengenous. That would be like me saying all Dems support sexual harresment based on Weinstein. Not fair.
00stevenm
Junior Member
(11-13-2017, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by natjjohn

Donít think he meant every individual Republican but Republicans as a whole.

If Moore wins, than you can disagree if you want, but youíd be wrong.

Becuase Alabama speaks for the GOP consensus?
Ombra
Banned
(11-13-2017, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by 00stevenm

I mean a completely Hyperbolic post that demonizes/Mocks one group of peopleís believes for one bad apple. PS I think this Moore is a sick fuck and should be done in any election, but to say republicans support pedophiles is disengenous. That would be like me saying all Dems support sexual harresment based on Weinstein. Not fair.

What the fuck does Weinstein have to do with Democrats? No one is caping for him, thats unanimous..people in the republican party even "so called" evangelicals are going through contortions to justify this dude the analogy was spot on. Party before people country and now morality.
Night Angel
Member
(11-13-2017, 12:05 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar
When you got people pulling out the bible to defend pedophilia, you know something's wrong.
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-13-2017, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ombra

What the fuck does Weinstein have to do with Democrats? No one is caping for him, thats unanimous..people in the republican party even "so called" evangelicals are going through contortions to justify this dude the analogy was spot on. Party before people country and now morality.

Weinstein has been a huge donor to the DNC, an activist for many years and is close friends with Hillary Clinton and Obama. It took 5 days for Hillary to utter a negative word about Weinstein and then when she did, she faked that she was shocked by the allegations. Shocked! Nobody who knew him was shocked by the allegations.
7echnicolor
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:20 AM)
7echnicolor's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Weinstein has been a huge donor to the DNC, an activist for many years and is close friends with Hillary Clinton and Obama. It took 5 days for Hillary to utter a negative word about Weinstein and then when she did, she faked that she was shocked by the allegations. Shocked! Nobody who knew him was shocked by the allegations.

Since you care so much you should probably make a thread about it instead of shitting up this thread with your garbage.
jellies_two
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:24 AM)
I know your hatred of the clintons knows no bounds, pablonolivar, but it is more than likely Hillary Clinton was not guarding doors while Weinstein assaulted starlets - as much as that fantasy may appeal to you.
Half the rich are big donors to both sides, meaning any one predatory multi millionaire has political connections and having him shmooze politicians doesnít mean they would be aware of how he gets off, or cheats his taxes.

Hannity, on the other hand, and Bannon, and breitbart and a good number of the gop are STILL finding new ways to fence sit on Roy Moore or outright support him just and only because kicking him out would mean a ďliberal victoryĒ.

He should never have been allowed to run even before the allegations as anyone doing the most basic check of his judicial decisions finds stuff like a disturbing lone dissent on a 4 year old who was raped. His reasoning? Prosecution canít establish there was intent to harm. That alone would make a great attack ad but apparently Alabama gop didnít and stil doesnít want to think too hard about him.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-13-2017, 04:51 AM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Weinstein has been a huge donor to the DNC, an activist for many years and is close friends with Hillary Clinton and Obama. It took 5 days for Hillary to utter a negative word about Weinstein and then when she did, she faked that she was shocked by the allegations. Shocked! Nobody who knew him was shocked by the allegations.

Oh please, stop with this nonsense.
aaronsan
Member
(11-13-2017, 02:29 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by pramod

I guess everyone is just presumed guilty before proven innocent now when it comes to these type of accusations?

I guess every accusation is just presumed bullshit until you get to personally see the crime committed?

This is not some spurious accusation...it came from many sources with much investigation.

Even in political circles, these sorts of serious accusations are rare...so take them seriously. Unless you value party over rule of law, that is.
aaronsan
Member
(11-13-2017, 02:30 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

I heard this when the trump tape came out, are you sure you want to make that promise?

Again, Virginia says hi. Trump caused this. So yeah, I'll second what she said.
aaronsan
Member
(11-13-2017, 02:33 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by 00stevenm

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.

Seen evidence this would be the case time and again. But disagree all you like.
NarrowPath
Member
(11-13-2017, 03:39 PM)
NarrowPath's Avatar

Originally Posted by PlayALLtheGames

So what youíre saying is his fans will support him even more claiming itís all fake news and lies from the ďlibtards.Ē

Fuck conservatives and right wingers.


Is this the new improved non toxic GAF Iíve been hearing about?
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-13-2017, 03:43 PM)

Originally Posted by 7echnicolor

Since you care so much you should probably make a thread about it instead of shitting up this thread with your garbage.

Are you a mod? Someone had just asked what Weinstein has to do with Democrats. I answered. There is a clear and documented link of longtime support of Democrats and Democrat causes. That's just a fact. Get over it.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-13-2017, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by aaronsan

I guess every accusation is just presumed bullshit until you get to personally see the crime committed?

This is not some spurious accusation...it came from many sources with much investigation.

Even in political circles, these sorts of serious accusations are rare...so take them seriously. Unless you value party over rule of law, that is.

Wait, are you picking on the notion of "innocent until proven guilty"?

It's these moments of sheer stupidity on the Left that keeps me from ever fully endorsing them.

Why don't you go battle the evils of free speech, too. Freeze peach!

So, so embarrassing.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Wait, are you picking on the notion of "innocent until proven guilty"?

It's these moments of sheer stupidity on the Left that keeps me from ever fully endorsing them.

Why don't you go battle the evils of free speech, too. Freeze peach!

So, so embarrassing.

Statements like this... you are "innocent until proven guilty" but you know what proves guilt? Evidence. Statements, sources and lots of research.

Instead of deflecting about some "liberal" nonsense (or Hilary crap. Why she is even in this discussion is beyond me) just say what you mean. For you these womens words and all the sourced information is not enough.

Don't deflect. Be honest. If you believe that. Its your prerogative. But i will continue to believe the man is a pedophile based on hundreds of hourz of research and the word of the women and over 30 other people over his shoddy memory anx semi denial about dating girls.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-13-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

Statements like this... you are "innocent until proven guilty" but you know what proves guilt? Evidence. Statements, sources and lots of research.

Instead of deflecting about some "liberal" nonsense (or Hilary crap. Why she is even in this discussion is beyond me) just say what you mean. For you these womens words and all the sourced information is not enough.

Don't deflect. Be honest. If you believe that. Its your prerogative. But i will continue to believe the man is a pedophile based on hundreds of hourz of research and the word of the women and over 30 other people over his shoddy memory anx semi denial about dating girls.

Hold on there. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I was merely annoyed by the trashing of the notion of innocent until proven guilty. I know it's been taboo on here to ask to reserve opinions on cases until all the facts come out for some time.

I'll tell you right now that if it's just her accusation, no, sorry that's not enough. It's better to let the guilty go free than punish the innocent.

If there's more concrete proof, I haven't followed the case and there could be, then sure lock him up.

But at any rate, you can apologize for projecting all that other trash onto me.
aaronsan
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:19 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Wait, are you picking on the notion of "innocent until proven guilty"?

It's these moments of sheer stupidity on the Left that keeps me from ever fully endorsing them.

Why don't you go battle the evils of free speech, too. Freeze peach!

So, so embarrassing.

1. He's admitted to (in my judgment) the basic facts of the case

2. It's beyond the statute of limitations, hence can't go to trial, hence can't be proven guilty anymore.

3. Are you missing the notion of "preponderance of evidence"?

4. It's this grave concern for the rule of law and free speech whenever it benefits a right-winger, but never a liberal, that is the real problem here.
aaronsan
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:20 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Hold on there. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I was merely annoyed by the trashing of the notion of innocent until proven guilty. I know it's been taboo on here to ask to reserve opinions on cases until all the facts come out for some time.

I'll tell you right now that if it's just her accusation, no, sorry that's not enough. It's better to let the guilty go free than punish the innocent.

If there's more concrete proof, I haven't followed the case and there could be, then sure lock him up.

But at any rate, you can apologize for projecting all that other trash onto me.

You haven't followed the case yet you rush to the defense of an accused child molester? And I'm the problem here? FFS
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-13-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by aaronsan

1. He's admitted to (in my judgment) the basic facts of the case

2. It's beyond the statute of limitations, hence can't go to trial, hence can't be proven guilty anymore.

3. Are you missing the notion of "preponderance of evidence"?

4. It's this grave concern for the rule of law and free speech whenever it benefits a right-winger, but never a liberal, that is the real problem here.

I already told you I wasn't following the case. I didn't know that it wasn't even a criminal case. My statement wasn't a rebuke of the actual evidence of the case.

As for point #4, I can cherry pick as many incidents, or more, where the rule of law and free speech seemingly favors the Left over the Right. So where does that leave us?
rokkerkory
Member
(11-13-2017, 04:32 PM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
What's really disgusting are those that will still vote for him instead of someone else because they are a Democrat.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-13-2017, 04:37 PM)

Originally Posted by aaronsan

You haven't followed the case yet you rush to the defense of an accused child molester? And I'm the problem here? FFS

Gonna need you to quote for me where I said he's totally innocent and all charges against him are false?

Or even where I said you, specifically, are the problem here.
j_k_redtail
Member
(11-13-2017, 09:02 PM)
Number 5:

Alabama Politics
Alabama Politics
@AlabamaPolitics

1m
Beverly Young Nelson says she did not respond to Moore's flirtatious advances. Says when she had a year book when she was 16.. she says Moore signed it "love Roy Moore DA."

ASAP
Junior Member
(11-13-2017, 09:28 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
I believe them.

I hope to god she still has that year book.

and of course we have child rapist apologists on GAF too, these fucking people will defend any white extreme right wing nut.
jellies_two
Member
(11-13-2017, 09:31 PM)
The year book was shown, signature matches.
What adult not in a school or family signs a yearbook ?
He assaukted her two weeks after it.

No doubt in my mind she is one of many girls to have had this experience but as he said to her: I am the DA nobody will believe you.

He wasnít fit to serve before he is not fit for anything but disgraced retirement now.
j_k_redtail
Member
(11-13-2017, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by ASAP

I believe them.

I hope to god she still has that year book.

and of course we have child rapist apologists on GAF too, these fucking people will defend any white extreme right wing nut.

WaPo has it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/costarepo...67438527918081

Moore needs to go down. If he wins the election, through Senate should eject him. If the Senate GOP refuses to eject him, "Eject Moore" should be a plank in the Senate Democrats' platform. He has no place in the US Senate, and after the SCOTUS stunt, the Senate GOP has no place to object.

Thread Tools