• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Fercho
Member
(11-14-2017, 06:29 AM)
Fercho's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Registered independent, small l libertarian. Happily voted for Trump because the alternative was terrifying. Hillary is an evil war-mongering globalist who didn't have the interests of middle class America in mind.
Trump has been good so far.

Damn.....this place is really going to hell isnít ? So sad to see GAF in this state.
iamblades
Member
(11-14-2017, 06:33 AM)
iamblades's Avatar
I would say I'm a natural law libertarian or classical liberal.
SkateorDi3
Member
(11-14-2017, 06:58 AM)
SkateorDi3's Avatar
none of your business
Mohonky
Junior Member
(11-14-2017, 08:24 AM)
Mohonky's Avatar

Originally Posted by matt360

Left. But I get pissed off by people on both sides pretty equally.

This really.

I probably argue with people on the left more so I probably appear to support the right, but its usually because I feel like the extreme left is cannibalising itself and its detrimental to swing voters and left policies in general while most of the right supporters arent worth giving the time of day.

About the most 'right' leaning policy I agree with is not having open borders, I believe in doing more for political asylum and refugees but a ln open boarder isnt it.
AllIsOneIsNone
Member
(11-14-2017, 09:10 AM)
AllIsOneIsNone's Avatar
They lean away in fear and disgust.
Silentium
Member
(11-14-2017, 09:36 AM)
Silentium's Avatar
Neoliberal
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 01:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Rayis

Of course not and by the way, that is a strawman propagated from those who misunderstand the social justice view on racism and those who I will admit exist on our side who do claim only white people can be racist.

My view is far more nuanced than that.

I basically believe that in any country with a dominant majority, the majority will vote and put systems in place that benefit them the most and will sometimes unintendedly (sometimes intendedly) hurt the minority by virtue of just being stronger in numbers. It just so happens that the most visible majority in America is white people but that doesn't mean white people are evil or inherently racist, just that they're the majority and have more political power.

The same is true of any country with a dominant majority being racial, religious, political etc.

A brief description of my social justice views.

So if there were a left-leaning message board where members of a certain highly privileged community thread were tossing around words like "cracker" and "honkey" would you feel compelled to say something?
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-14-2017, 01:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Fercho

Damn.....this place is really going to hell isnít ? So sad to see GAF in this state.

Nope. It's much better already.
MazeHaze
Member
(11-14-2017, 01:24 PM)
MazeHaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Registered independent, small l libertarian. Happily voted for Trump because the alternative was terrifying. Hillary is an evil war-mongering globalist who didn't have the interests of middle class America in mind.
Trump has been good so far.

Man, if Hillary is an evil war-mongering globalist, what does that make Trump? A senile, mentally inept, incontinent, silver spooned old racist grandpa pedophile?
appaws
Member
(11-14-2017, 01:26 PM)
appaws's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fercho

Damn.....this place is really going to hell isnít ? So sad to see GAF in this state.

So what you are saying is "someone I disagree with is posting here," so this place is going to hell...?

BTW, I am a libertarian leaning conservative. Rand Paul type. I never hid even when the repressive left was at its height here. I was routinely the whipping boy of all the gun hating threads.

I am also a Latin Mass going traditionalist Catholic, which informs my social views...although I don't think they should be enforced on everybody by the state. Obviously, I could not call myself a libertarian if I did.
alfietheraindeer
Junior Member
(11-14-2017, 01:35 PM)

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Nope. It's much better already.

I disagree. This place is slow as fuck, the content creators have mostly left, the communities are pretty much dead. This is my second account here btw.

When it comes to Trump, he is a racist, incompetent idiot. He doesn't give a shit about the well-being of the average american. He's an elitist who lived in a house where his name is in golden letters.

He doesn't give a shit about climate change, he wants to kill of Obamacare just to spite Obama so millions of americans might die.

He is an unstable war-mongering kid who threats war with anyone.

I thought Hillary was a war-mongerer, Trump is just on the same level as Bush. Trump is worse than Hillary when it comes to war. I actually thought Trump was gonna be better when it comes to foreign policy than Hillary, he is not.

He does not have the middle-class in his interests. He only has Trump in his interests.

He lies all the time, Ive seen him saying contradicting things in one sentence, that's talent.

Just because he says simple things doesn't mean he's a "straight shooter". He just says shit. He's like a kid running for class president.

During the campaign he attacked Hillarys connections to Goldman Sachs and what does he do after he's elected? Hires a Glodman Sachs dude to his staff.

Trump is smart in the way that he managed to con so many people into voting for him.

He is also a big fan of whataboutism.
MaddenNFL64
Member
(11-14-2017, 01:46 PM)
MaddenNFL64's Avatar
Liberal, some socialist leanings.
AaronB
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:00 PM)
AaronB's Avatar
My leanings are libertarian, as I think governments generally do the wrong things and don't have the right to do most of the things they do (especially under the US constitution).

However, my policy preferences can be pragmatic. For example, government policies in the US helped drive skyrocketing health care costs, which led to a screwed up health and insurance system. However, a "free market" solution that allows profits while rigging the game and preventing real competition can give worse outcomes than one that involves more government control.

For Trump, I don't like him, but I will be content if we get through his administration without a new major war.
7echnicolor
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:05 PM)
7echnicolor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

So if there were a left-leaning message board where members of a certain highly privileged community thread were tossing around words like "cracker" and "honkey" would you feel compelled to say something?

only snowflakes get triggered by cracker lol
aaronsan
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:05 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

Nope. It's much better already.

Not as good as that Fox News echo chamber though, is it?
aaronsan
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:10 PM)
aaronsan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

I'm just curious, are you also one of those that believes only white people can be racist?

I'm just curious, are you one of those who have denied every accused right-winger of being racist?
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-14-2017, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by MazeHaze

Man, if Hillary is an evil war-mongering globalist, what does that make Trump? A senile, mentally inept, incontinent, silver spooned old racist grandpa pedophile?

It makes Trump President.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by aaronsan

I'm just curious, are you one of those who have denied every accused right-winger of being racist?

No?
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 02:21 PM)

Originally Posted by 7echnicolor

only snowflakes get triggered by cracker lol

Woooooooow

I think it's time we unpacked the rampant anti-white bigotry coming from the Left.
interactivemonodrama
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:51 PM)
interactivemonodrama's Avatar
I am pretty liberal, even though the outrage culture is destroying every credibility, what the left had before, which makes it much more harder to persuade conservatives to lean towards to the central. I was always a big fan of neogaf before, because I thought the people here are intelligent, and more and less had the same idea about the world as I had.

-I am obviously against the drug war because it is pointless, and in the long run wont help the society.
-I dont have anything against gay people, and I find it dumb to take away their right to marry.
-It is pretty sad that conservative values are build up on making people being afraid of everything.
-Have nothing against immigrants, as my mother was in her age, when she went away from her home country. It would be hypocritical thing to judge people who need help from my part.
-I think we are equally stupid, there are no white, or colored people, in my eyes(we are all the same), because people in their nature are dumb as fuck, and it is okay. (well not always though)

Then the american elections happened, which made me realize, what a bunch of idiots the american liberals were here.

-There was a thread about an afro american guy protesting in a Trump rally, and got punched in the face.
-Obviously he was there to provoke the people, and I dared to question the way he protested, I mean what did he expect?
-I warned people here, if they keep up this kind of protesting, is going to result in a Trump win.

Then I've got harrased like page after page here, someone wanted to beat me, insult me, and in the end got me banned because of victim blaming which is frankly was bullshit.

and the funny thing is....
that Trump won.

So whoever banned me, and if you read this, you were wrong, and I was right, and fuck you.
ssolitare
Member
(11-14-2017, 02:59 PM)

Originally Posted by interactivemonodrama


Then the american elections happened, which made me realize, what a bunch of idiots the american liberals were here.

-There was a thread about an afro american guy protesting in a Trump rally, and got punched in the face.
-Obviously he was there to provoke the people, and I dared to question the way he protested, I mean what did he expect?
-I warned people here, if they keep up this kind of protesting, is going to result in a Trump win.

Then I've got harrased like page after page here, someone wanted to beat me, insult me, and in the end got me banned because of victim blaming which is frankly was bullshit.

and the funny thing is....
that Trump won.

So whoever banned me, and if you read this, you were wrong, and I was right, and fuck you.

You are still wrong, caught up in the end justifying the means.
Drake
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:03 PM)
Drake's Avatar
I'd say I'm a libertarian. Generally I don't want the government messing with my life and I'd prefer the smallest government possible. Socially I don't really care what people do. I'm not going to argue for or against anything socially because honestly I just don't give a fuck what people do. How other people live their lives is no business of mine, but like I said don't expect me to speak for or against you.

Fiscally I'm VERY conservative however. I'm a big believer in saving your money and living within your means. I have no debt and pay off my credit cards every month. How do I do this? I live within my means. Something I think a lot of people don't do.

I also believe in strong borders and a very tough immigration policy. Immigrating here is a privilege, not a right.
Dude Abides
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:05 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Woooooooow

I think it's time we unpacked the rampant anti-white bigotry coming from the Left.

White genocide!
alfietheraindeer
Junior Member
(11-14-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by MazeHaze

Man, if Hillary is an evil war-mongering globalist, what does that make Trump? A senile, mentally inept, incontinent, silver spooned old racist grandpa pedophile?

Super evil war-mongering racist, incompetent idiotic elitist.

Fun-fact: the word "idiot" does as far as Im concerned come from Greece as someone having no knowledge in politics. So the original definition of the word "idiot" perfectly fits Trump.
interactivemonodrama
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:07 PM)
interactivemonodrama's Avatar

Originally Posted by ssolitare

You are still wrong, caught up in the end justifying the means.

Maybe it is time for you guys to learn how to be humble,and think with your heads not with your fragile emotions, otherwise you are going to have republicans as presidents, till the end of time. Wanna set an example of being more educated, smarter than a republican? Then act like it.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

White genocide!

Imagine having the privilege of casually using racial slurs and joking about the genocide of an entire race without any action ever being taken against you.

Yikes.
ssolitare
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:11 PM)

Originally Posted by interactivemonodrama

Maybe it is time for you guys to learn how to be humble,and think with your heads not with your fragile emotions, otherwise you are going to have republicans as presidents, till the end of time. Wanna set an example of being more educated, smarter than a republican? Then act like it.

You are doing a great job of outing yourself.
Dude Abides
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:14 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Imagine having the privilege of casually using racial slurs and joking about the genocide of an entire race without any action ever being taken against you.

Yikes.

Iím with you my cack brother. Jews will not replace us!
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

Iím with you my cack brother. Jews will not replace us!

So you don't think it's strange how Liberals have rules for one group of people and a different set of rules for others based entirely on skin color?

Why do Liberals think their shit don't stink?
interactivemonodrama
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:18 PM)
interactivemonodrama's Avatar

Originally Posted by ssolitare

You are doing a great job of outing yourself.

I am just trying to prevent the world getting destroyed on my way, but it seems you still didn't learn the lesson, and I am afraid you are never going to.
Dude Abides
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:26 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

So you don't think it's strange how Liberals have rules for one group of people and a different set of rules for others based entirely on skin color?

Why do Liberals think their shit don't stink?

Iím with you Proud Boy. The ethnostate will have no place for cucked white liberals.
Sakura
Foreigners: Give them an inch (of animu panties), and they'll take a mile.

DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS.
(11-14-2017, 03:30 PM)
Sakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by catfish

So you're an American Democrat? Because the USA has centre right and way the fuck right, by other first world standards.

I'm Canadian, so I typically vote Conservative.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

Iím with you Proud Boy. The ethnostate will have no place for cucked white liberals.

Strange how we can't have an honest discussion the instant we turn the mirror back on the Liberals.

That Liberal fragility
Dude Abides
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:45 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Strange how we can't have an honest discussion the instant we turn the mirror back on the Liberals.

That Liberal fragility

What do you mean? Iím happy to have an honest discussion. Stop reeeeing and letís discuss FBI crime stats and the Comet Pizza child sex ring.
7echnicolor
Member
(11-14-2017, 03:46 PM)
7echnicolor's Avatar
imagine thinking white genocide is real LMAO
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

What do you mean? Iím happy to have an honest discussion. Stop reeeeing and letís discuss FBI crime stats and the Comet Pizza child sex ring.

Thank you.

You're doing more to highlight my point then I ever could.
Joe T.
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:12 PM)
Joe T.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

What do you mean? Iím happy to have an honest discussion. Stop reeeeing and letís discuss FBI crime stats and the Comet Pizza child sex ring.



No need to take the thread into the gutter. Rather than throwing around thinly veiled insults in an attempt to discredit him you could have just asked him to explain his position and continue the discussion in good faith.

Now I need me some of that good sarsaparilla.
kunonabi
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:19 PM)
kunonabi's Avatar
Centrist/moderate/whatever that leans a bit left but i do skew right on a couple issues.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by 7echnicolor

imagine thinking white genocide is real LMAO

Yes, it's weird to think it's actually happening right now.

But we still shouldn't pop jokes about genocide of any race.
dolabla
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Fercho

Damn.....this place is really going to hell isnít ? So sad to see GAF in this state.

Because different view points are being shared? That's not going to hell (I guess it is if you're used to an echo chamber), that makes for a future healthy board with future good discussions. I'm glad to see people post their real views, whether you're liberal, conservative or moderate.
appaws
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:31 PM)
appaws's Avatar

Originally Posted by kunonabi

Centrist/moderate/whatever that leans a bit left but i do skew right on a couple issues.

So I'll try to turn the discussion more substantive by asking you what those issues are where you skew right?

...and why do you think differently on those issues as opposed to others?
Blueingreen
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:35 PM)
Blueingreen's Avatar
I used to consider myself a liberal but after witnessing the sheer orwellian lunacy of 21st
Century 'progressives" this last 5 years I've been straying away from label seeing it evolve into a fragile demographic that's more concerned with "muh feelinz" than hearing an honest pragmatic argument.

Originally Posted by Fercho

Damn.....this place is really going to hell isnít ? So sad to see GAF in this state.

Going to..? It just came back from hell, ever since gamergate this forum was a free thinking graveyard, an echo chamber you couldn't harbour an differing opinion no matter how honest and civil you were. I honesty dont see how being open to everyones opinion is a downward spiral.
RefigeKru
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:36 PM)
RefigeKru's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

Yes, it's weird to think it's actually happening right now.

But we still shouldn't pop jokes about genocide of any race.

Where do you get your information on the "white genocide"? I want to see it.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 04:41 PM)

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

Where do you get your information on the "white genocide"? I want to see it.

?

I didn't say it was.


I said it'd be we eird for you to think it's happening right nowm
RefigeKru
Member
(11-14-2017, 04:48 PM)
RefigeKru's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bigby_Wolf

?

I didn't say it was.


I said it'd be we eird for you to think it's happening right nowm

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...YMs3FBdgXFf1P8

Well, there are some weird people that think it's happening right now, they all happen to be white nationalist/alt-right types, so if you don't think it's actually happening, and you aren't saying it is, why wouldn't you think it laughable?

White nationalists and their ilk are a joke.
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-14-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...YMs3FBdgXFf1P8

Well, there are some weird people that think it's happening right now, they all happen to be white nationalist/alt-right types, so if you don't think it's actually happening, and you aren't saying it is, why wouldn't you think it laughable?

White nationalists and their ilk are a joke.

Woooow

Well, thanks for coming out in favor of genocide jokes.

I assume only white genocide is funny though right?
Matter
Junior Member
(11-14-2017, 04:57 PM)
Far right nationalist.
wvnative
Member
(11-14-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Darmstadtium

I know this may be somewhat off-topic, but where did everybody go anyway? I get that the forum was down for a few days, and there was the stuff going on with EvilLore, but I'm surprised that that many people would leave after the forum being down for such a short time.

Was there a different forum that people migrated to or something? Do people just not want to post here anymore because they feel that the pedophilia stuff ruined the forum's reputation or something?

Neogaf as a whole has the same issue the rest of the world currently has, immediate overreaction to everything, they all migrated to a forum called resetera over the accusations against evillore. Accusations themselves which imo weren't even that severe, and apparently everybody thinks he's always been an asshole but everyone was fine with it until one woman accused him of getting in the shower with her without consent, all of a sudden he's the scum of the earth, without evidence, and apparently this was a way bigger problem then the mods here having child porn on their computer.
Dude Abides
Member
(11-14-2017, 05:05 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joe T.



No need to take the thread into the gutter. Rather than throwing around thinly veiled insults in an attempt to discredit him you could have just asked him to explain his position and continue the discussion in good faith.

Now I need me some of that good sarsaparilla.

Please. Heís just virtue signaling and getting all fake outraged.
Matter
Junior Member
(11-14-2017, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by wvnative

Neogaf as a whole has the same issue the rest of the world currently has, immediate overreaction to everything, they all migrated to a forum called resetera over the accusations against evillore. Accusations themselves which imo weren't even that severe, and apparently everybody thinks he's always been an asshole but everyone was fine with it until one woman accused him of getting in the shower with her without consent, all of a sudden he's the scum of the earth, without evidence, and apparently this was a way bigger problem then the mods here having child porn on their computer.

Fine by me. All the crazy liberals migrated there and now we can just have peaceful GAMING discussions here.

Thread Tools