• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Love, Election and Chocolate ep.7-8
gLGcywk.png
Whoop there it is, childhood friend absolutely
destroyed
I'm impressed that the show managed to add sensei to his harem, I mean, she was his
first kiss, soooo
it's pretty clear already who is going to win, but it's pretty entertaining so far.

Heavy Metal L-Gaim #28 Nei Crisis

Very impressive, the midair suit transfer into the transformation was one of the most epic things in the series so far. Daba is so daring and so skilled.

Scum's Wish - Completed

I was actually going to give the series a 6 before watching this episode. Because while it was an interesting take on how vices can lead to toxic as shit relationships, there weren't really any characters I felt like I was actually connecting to. But the ending actually stuck the landing and avoided
having Hanabi get back together with Mugi.
Character's actually grew and had enough self-respect
not to be each other's consolation prizes.
Congrats writers, you managed to pull the opposite of Fuuka.

BEYBLADE Episode 48 (engdub)
C8NQhIWU0AAFhPZ.jpg:small

I guess its alright, I wanted a Kai win but plot. I loved his face and his reaction with realizing he has a team and even if he loses his friends and teammates can make him stronger and make the team stronger. Good message of hope and determination while remaining true to yourself.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.21
Know all those stupid plots were the girl gets kidnapped not once but twice... yeah. Fucking- A Eren. Mikasa should have played the hero, but nope, she wasn't there for Eren yet again; so much for being his guardian.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 12

HMVUEVo.png

EsEXxch.png

k7nZPMh.png

Basically a traditional Gundam action episode with martial arts instead.

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST

DNAbro

Only anime worth watching for me this season is Boku no Hero Academia S2. AOT might be okay but the manga kind of becomes shit so ehh.

I'll just play anime instead. Persona 5 should last me awhile.

Scum's Wish - 12

YESSSS, they nailed the ending THANK YOU.

After seeing how a nearly perfect show can be destroyed within seconds this season, I was afraid that the same would happen with this show, seeing what its subject matter is and how close to the edge this show walked. Yet they did it. The ending was incredible, it was a relationship arc done right. I'll leave it at that so I don't spoil it for anyone. This is my AOTS right here guys.

Quasar

Love, Election and Chocolate ep.7-8

Whoop there it is, childhood friend absolutely
destroyed
I'm impressed that the show managed to add sensei to his harem, I mean, she was his
first kiss, soooo
it's pretty clear already who is going to win, but it's pretty entertaining so far.

:)

Glad you are enjoying it.

Scum's Wish 12 (End)

Pretty perfect ending for a show like this, fitting for all the themes shown up to this point. Like others have said, glad that it didn't go with the cliche.

Koro Sensei Quest! Episode 12 – Bye-Bye, Big Bad (end)
C8Ngl4IU0AALkl-.jpg:small
C8Ngl4NU0AAUWIm.jpg:small

Terasaka redeemed, best.

Lovely fantasy spinoff of assassination classroom, gives me hope for it Final Haikyuu Quest is ever animated more than a visual novel. Retro game theme of the assassination classroom first op was incredible.

Suite Precure something -32

A grand amount of things happened as we're sailing through the third cour.

Primarily integrating Ellen and extracting dork juice from her everytime she reads an old dude's book. Primarily around this point is when the show starts dropping heavy hints for its upcoming plot bomb for who the fuck Muse is, what is Otokichi, how in the world does Mephisto have nightmares about Evil Forest but not remembering what it is. Mephisto's situation of course got two major hints throughout the show. The first hint of course is shown again during the Evil Forest episode.

The identity for Cure Muse became an obvious red flag in 32, one that laid groundwork for another plot bomb, but still left me hanging on the connections. Unfortunately, it is not Waon :( I will admit, because I bumrushed Precure a few years ago, I missed this flag.

The Minor Trio has definitely come into their own as Seiren was dragging her feet and her eventual betrayal by proxy of becoming a Precure, and it's not even their final form even. Bassdrum however, certainly gets a lot of attention.

zulux21

Only anime worth watching for me this season is Boku no Hero Academia S2. AOT might be okay but the manga kind of becomes shit so ehh.

I'll just play anime instead. Persona 5 should last me awhile.

there are a ton of shows for me
but yeah persona 5 is supposed to take 100-120 hours so it will last us all a while :p

The animation looks strong at least, though the tournament focus is doing its best to repel me.

The tournament arc actually does have some neat fights and does a good job at fleshing out several of the side-characters.

People who were tired of the constant Deku and All Might stuff in season 1 will enjoy this season, I think.

I just really really hope they can
get the Stain arc right. That shit with Iida and Stain is one of the highlights of the entire manga to me. Stain's a fantastic villain.

And if done right, the tournament stuff should only take up like 1/3 of the season.

I'm sure it'll be more than that though. Based on how Bones paced the first season I can imagine an entire episode being devoted to the race, another to the Cavalry Battle, and qutie a few to each individual "major" fight.

The Dark Tournament is still the best Tournament arc in anime right?

I can't think of anything that beats it.

There was a thread about it a few months ago in OT.

It's #1 by like a Country Mile in my opinion. Only other things that barely sniffs it was the 22nd Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball and the Chuunin Exam in Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom