• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in November - Ultra Back & Ultra Log

Andyliini

Do you nearly finish games, but then stop for no reason? Are there games you mean to play but don't get around to?[/I]

The challenge is to complete three (or more) games this month.

It doesn't matter how long or short the games are, or if you're near the end already. If it's unclear if something counts as a finished game, you should go with your own judgment. There aren't any hard rules.

Please post the games you hope to finish, but also share your successes, setbacks and impressions. :)

Helpful Sites
How Long to Beat to find out roughly how long a game takes to finish
The Backloggery to keep track of those games you'll never play.

Best of luck to everyone!

Credit for the OP and challenge goes to Aarglefarg, who originally ran this challenge. I shamelessly copypasted his OP, so if you are still around, I'm sorry.

My plans for November:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
I just actually beat this one, so two more to go. I played trough Superstar Saga, but Bowser's Minions doesn't really interest me, so I'll skip that mode.

Super Mario Odyssey
This won't be an easy beat, but I hope to beat the game before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hits in December. I have much to play, though.

Toki Tori
I've had this one for ages sitting on Wii U, but now I really want to beat it. Probably won't bother with Hard and Bonus stages.

Raide

My plans will be to revisit a good few games for the One X. Gears 4 and Quantum Break are on the list, alongside Battlefront 2 and whatever else gets patched.

PantsuJo

My plans are to beat:

- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Residen Evil Zero
- Resident Evil HD

Both the RE are in the Origins collections. I already finished the games playing with friends on PS3 but this time I'll play them on my PS4.

Pepboy

My 3:

Dragon Quest 4 -- on good track. Started this weekend and already at Chapter 5.

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle -- had a lot more content than I anticipated. I just finished world 1.

For the third... Maybe Golf Story? I'm at the second course and not really enjoying it. Maybe Culdcept Revolt? I need to see how I feel after Mario Rabbids

Edit: ah... Maybe Dragon Quest Heroes 2? So many amazing games this year.

wipeout364

I think it's a day early, but ok! :)

I have three RPGs I want to beat.

Etrian Odyssey IV
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Bravely Default
That’s ambitious.

I am going to try to finish:
Evil within 1
Far cry 3
Call of chthulu Dark Corners : this may not be possible with the ongoing issues I have been having with lockup’s and crashes.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
As I'll probably be wrapping up my 4 month long Mass Effect trilogy replay (started playing Andromeda in May and then immediately afterwards started to replay 1-3) today I see myself having a long more time for other games now. Plan to play/replay a few shorter games now before I start tackling a new RPG.

For November the plan is:

- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (replay)
- Call of Juarez Gunslinger (for the first time)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (replay)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (for the first time)
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (for the first time)

Let's see if I can make it.

prag16

Banned
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Wolfenstein II: The New Colussus

No particular reason why I didn't finish the first two (around 75% through each probably). Just didn't have a ton of time to play, and got sidetracked with other stuff.

Didn't plan on starting Wolfenstein until after finishing those, but so much for that; started it the other night.

I'm also picking up Battlefront 2 this month. I'll most likely fail to finish these, but we'll see.

kunonabi

[PS4]Grand Kingdom - pending
[PS4]I am Setsuna - in progress
[PS4]Murdered: Soul Suspect - in progress

got a new tv so im back to working on my PS4 stuff.

Gee, I don't get to complete games real often. I bounce around too much and don't have a huge amount of time to invest. But I really would like to check a few off. Let's see:

• Pokemon Moon - Gotta get this done in anticipation of Ultra.
  • Fallout 4: Addicted to it, but this will free me up for Skyrim on Switch.
  • Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - I was making good progress until I started Fallout 4.
Realistically, I'll be lucky to finish Pokemon Moon in time. Still haven't finished Platinum, Black, Y or Omega Ruby so there's a precedent running against me.

crazyprac

My list:

Will complete: My huge size Civ 6 session
Hopefully: Mario x Rabbids
Wishful thinking: Mario Odyssey

It's hard "completing" a game now that I can only game an hour or less each session. My backlog is so long....

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Completed only one game in October.

OVERALL 2017: 22/30 (73%)
OCTOBER 2017: 1/3 (33%)

1 - The Evil Within 2 / PlayStation 4 Pro (8.5/10)

NOVEMBER 2017

1 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus / PlayStation 4 Pro
Currently playing. About a third of the way through the game. Enjoying the game for the most part and more than The New Order.

2 - Call of Duty: World War II / PlayStation 4 Pro
Will play through the campaign once im done with Wolfenstein II.

3 - Star Wars Battlefront II / PlayStation 4 Pro
Will play through the campaign once im done with Call of Duty: World War II.

1: AC: Origins - Probably focus on this as I'm really into it
2: Elex - This is awesome, I'll try to get through it in Nov as well
3: Evil Within 2 - Realistically it will probably be AC: Origins and this that I'm able to complete in Nov.

Stronginthearm said:
I think it's a day early, but ok! :)

I have three RPGs I want to beat.

Etrian Odyssey IV
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Bravely Default

Well, I beat Etrian Odyssey IV, at level 65 and 67:08 hours. Currently doing some postgame content, working my way through the 5th labyrinth and just beat one dragon to raise the level cap by 10, need to beat two more to unlock the cap to level 99. I'm at level 71 right now. Maybe one day I'll do a replay/new game plus, but not for a good long while.

Sojiro

My goals for November which I think I should be able to easily do since they are all just finishing games I am a good ways into.

Finish 100%ing Mario Odyssey - I am at 571 stars atm and still going strong.

Finish Golf Story - I am 10 hours into it and stopped playing when Odyssey came out, I tried to finish it before Odyssey, but I didn't make it.

Finish Metroid: Samus Returns - Been slowly chipping away at this, I really like it, I just juggle too many damn games at once.

Finish Super Mario RPG - Started on this courtesy of the SNES classic, I am a little over halfway through.

This shouldn't be too bad to tackle through but I also plan on picking up both Doom and Skyrim on switch so hopefully I can tackle some of these before those distract me.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm not sure about complete, but I have the Life is Strange prequel & Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman Season 2 and TWD season 3 episodes to get caught up on. If I manage that before the month's end I'll be pretty happy as I'm a few episodes behind on each.

Working on dragon dogma and mario odyessy. On post game for both. Going through dlc with dogma and working my mind way to 500 stars for mario.

Gee, I don't get to complete games real often. I bounce around too much and don't have a huge amount of time to invest. But I really would like to check a few off. Let's see:

• Pokemon Moon - Gotta get this done in anticipation of Ultra.
  • Fallout 4: Addicted to it, but this will free me up for Skyrim on Switch.
  • Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - I was making good progress until I started Fallout 4.
Realistically, I'll be lucky to finish Pokemon Moon in time. Still haven't finished Platinum, Black, Y or Omega Ruby so there's a precedent running against me.

Ok, good news for me, I actually rolled the credits in Pokemon Moon, just about 18 hours after my copy of Ultra arrived in the mail. So I get to check one game off on Backloggery and add two more. Arrgh, I need to retire early so I can finish more games.

marcincz

Great month. Beat three games and decided to and next two.

NDS
Professor Layton and the Pandora's Box
Professor Layton and the Lost Future

PS4
Knack 2
Wolfenstein II
Yooka-Laylee

Super late post, I was out of town and almost no free time to play :(

Aiming for three of the following:

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (XBO)
  • >observer_ (XBO)
  • Mad Max (XBO)
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (360)
  • Transistor (PC)
  • Shadow Complex (360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (360)

Ubername

Banned
Nearly got the 100% on Megaman Legends 2, GTA IV and its first expansion The Lost and Damned. A damned fine one at that, ah?

Andyliini

My plans for November:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
I just actually beat this one, so two more to go. I played trough Superstar Saga, but Bowser's Minions doesn't really interest me, so I'll skip that mode.

Super Mario Odyssey
This won't be an easy beat, but I hope to beat the game before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hits in December. I have much to play, though.

Toki Tori
I've had this one for ages sitting on Wii U, but now I really want to beat it. Probably won't bother with Hard and Bonus stages.

I beat Toki Tori yesterday (normal stages), and so I have beaten all three games I planned to. I'm not planning to beat any more this month, so I'm off to think for three games for December.

kunonabi

[PS4]Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - finished
[PS4]Murdered: Soul Suspect - finished
[PS4]I am Setsuna - in progress

Will just barely manage 3 for the month.

Super late post, I was out of town and almost no free time to play :(

Aiming for three of the following:

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (XBO)
  • >observer_ (XBO)
  • Mad Max (XBO)
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (360)
  • Transistor (PC)
  • Shadow Complex (360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (360)

Busy month, just managed to beat one game:

Medal of Honor: Airborne (360)

Top Bottom