• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata Releasing March 7th 2017

Golnei

That would've been a horrible cover.
The reversible is the best one, the regular one is pedestrian but alright.

It's a great poster and standalone piece of art, but it'd scale down horribly to box art - to even be able to make 2B discernible, you'd zoom in to the point that the scope of the artwork is lost.

GrayChild

Has Square given some confirmation or further insight on the PC release date after the PSX trailer? The communication on their end regarding that version has been rather poor.

Raybunny

Excited for the game and with that trying to get the black box edition for France is a task. SE FR boutique does not have it and the European boutique does not have France on the delivery country list.

Contacted SE and SEFR for further details. Hope to get a positive answer soon.

The reversible art is also cool, but if it omits the typical stuff you see in the back of any game box art, then I'm not interested in switching to the reversible. It probably just expands the art I'm guessing.

I'm really hoping it's just like any other box art and has all the promotional messaging and info on the back so that the cover can be shown properly on the front.

If it's black and white or stretched then they've ruined it.

I always have to end up buying them on Ebay for $15-20. Ugh :(

Honestly, if the game is as good as I believe it will be, I won't mind doing that.

Parsnip

NieR: Automata will be available for the PlayStation 4 system on March 7, 2017 in North America for $59.99 and Steam in 2017.
If that means what it sounds like it means, I guess I'll just delay my purchase to a sale sometime 2018.

Same date for the PC version according to PC Gamer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/nier-automata-has-a-new-trailer-and-a-possible-release-date/

All this bullshit and secretism about the PC version makes me think there is a marketing deal with Sony.

good news for thsoe who want it on PC!!!

Would be silly to release it after PS4 lol

Also quick question about the wording on the Black Box edition, I already have mine ordered but the Soundtrack says containing or featuring (depending on which websitre) 13 live songs from NieR and NieR:Automata, I am wondering what is people's interpretation of this, whether it is only a 13 song disc or a full (or close to full) OST with these added tracks to maybe add some exclusivity (which I hope it is)?

I will probably buy the NIeR:Automata OST separately anyway

AlucardGV

Banned
Same date for the PC version according to PC Gamer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/nier-automata-has-a-new-trailer-and-a-possible-release-date/

All this bullshit and secretism about the PC version makes me think there is a marketing deal with Sony.

wanna wear a tinfoil hat while you're at it?
you think sony made a deal with s-e to not have them write on twitter the release date on pc? for how much, 50$?
the bare minimun they make deal for is dlc a month before the others

jmga

wanna wear a tinfoil hat while you're at it?
you think sony made a deal with s-e to not have them write on twitter the release date on pc? for how much, 50$?
the bare minimun they make deal for is dlc a month before the others

It is not just about the date, the Steam logo isn't even on the official website and all the marketing material ignores the PC version.

Who would be more interested in this, S-E or Sony?

Yesssssss!
Shame about that awful PR though.

You should wait before rejoicing. I suspect that the person they talked to didn't had all the informations. Especially on the two different release dates for a Steam game... Which usually is a worldwide release.

Angelina

Banned
Is this going to be different from the normal platinum games style of basically boss after boss in each room. As much as i like bayo etc that stuff got tiring

Moze

Banned
Sony's messaging with this game is a fucking shitshow. Getting sick of this nonsense of getting one over on MS and the other way round.

Eolz

You should wait before rejoicing. I suspect that the person they talked to didn't had all the informations. Especially on the two different release dates for a Steam game... Which usually is a worldwide release.

True.
I'm getting it on PS4 anyway, but this PC release is really badly handled so far. Better than no port for sure, but still...

Sony's messaging with this game is a fucking shitshow. Getting sick of this nonsense of getting one over on MS and the other way round.
It's not Sony, it's SE. The game also isn't under an exclusivity deal and could still come out on the Xbone.

It's been a long time since I've been so excited to get my hands on a demo, lawd.

The Nier Automata Story from trailer a few weeks ago is now available in english!
https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/805773733688320004

€: It's onle the short version unfortuantely

I keep going back and forth about whether or not it is Jamieson Price speaking at the end. The 'glory' I'm less sure on, but the 'to mankind' sounds a hell of lot like him.
BRING BACK PAPA NIERRRR WAHHHHH
Joji Nakata seems to be voicing ???? in the Japanese version, and considering the amount of times Price has dubbed Nakata's characters, that would be a fitting casting reversal.
Though I know Papa Nier doesn't exist in the Japanese version of the game, so I imagine it's not the exact same character.

Lime

Both the front and reverse are a miss this with this game. :/

I disagree, I think it's visually interesting

tumblr_og1r3aVeTF1qjpmigo1_1280.jpg

Moze

Banned
Console exclusive = exclusive as far as Sony's concerned.

I seem to remember Sony making an effort to distinguish between console exclusive games and actual exclusive games at the last PSX.

Maybe Gio made a mistake. I will give him a pass because he is a nice guy and is the one that announces the Yakuza games every year.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's not Sony, it's SE. The game also isn't under an exclusivity deal and could still come out on the Xbone.

Don't kid yourself, its extremely unlikely that its going to get a belated port onto Xbone, particularly when there's a PC version already planned via Steam.

Top Bottom